You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ISIS - To Attack or Not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

"It was an early indication that Khadiza, Amira and Shamima seemed to be settling into life in Raqqa. Since then, all three girls have married, their families’ lawyer confirmed. They were given a choice between a number of Western men. One chose a Canadian, another a European. Amira married Abdullah Elmir, a former butcher from Australia, who has appeared in several Islamic State recruitment videos and has been named “ginger jihadi” for his reddish hair."

So, when they finally reached the caliphate, the girls continued making poor choices.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What do you think that says?  Because it doesn’t say what you think it says.  

Read what it’s actually says, not what you think it says.  

- I wouldn’t bring her back

- I don’t want her back

- if she gets back or gets to a consulate we have no choice

- then let the courts decide 

how the fucking hell is that controversial?  

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It says you don't want her back, because you're a big Muslim hating silly hypocrite who wants to punch teenage girls in the face. 

You must be fucking drunk, or had a recent head injury. 

I don’t want her back, I wouldn’t spend a penny or second trying to get her back - but she has a right to come back. I notice you’ve not quoted any of the posts where I pointed out the UK had no right to make her stateless. There were at least 2 you must have scrolled past.  

The point about punching her was clearly a reference to people on here saying it was always ok to punch a Nazi, no exceptions, no mitigation.  Everyone else got that, except you you fucking cretin. I even referenced the fucking thread!!!  Jesus. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I notice you’ve not quoted any of the posts where I pointed out the UK had no right to make her stateless. There were at least 2 you must have scrolled past.  

The point about punching her was clearly a reference to people on here saying it was always ok to punch a Nazi, no exceptions, no mitigation.  Everyone else got that, except you you fucking cretin. I even referenced the fucking thread!!!  Jesus. 

Calm down, love.

I didn't quote any of the posts where you pointed out the the UK had no right to make her stateless because your approach suddenly changed when you realised it would be illegal, which was on about page 16.  Prior to that you made an absolute cunt of yourself by saying that you didn't want her back and would like to punch her in the face if she did, because you detest Muslims. 

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Calm down, love.

I didn't quote any of the posts where you pointed out the the UK had no right to make her stateless because your approach suddenly changed when you realised it would be illegal, which was on about page 16.  Prior to that you made an absolute cunt of yourself by saying that you didn't want her back and would like to punch her in the face if she did, because you detest Muslims. 

WTF? I changed nothing because I knew about the stateless thing before all this started. It was page 16 because this is an old thread.  Fucking hell do yourself a favour and put your phone down. Fucking grade 1 idiot. 

I'm not sure why the age of criminal responsibility is being brought up in all of this. That centres around the idea that a child of 10 years of age or above should be able to look at their actions and differentiate between bad behaviour and serious wrongdoing. 

As I've often suggested in this thread, we don't know what stimulus and grooming she had been subjected to prior to deciding to go to the "caliphate." Either way, in the absence of evidence to suggest that she's done anything worse, would she even view going to get married as bad behaviour, let alone serious wrongdoing? Particularly if she'd been influenced online too? 

The issue that is relevant, for me, is not whether she had attained the age whereby she incurs criminal responsibility, but rather her capacity to make decisions for herself? That's a different thing altogether. Was she a clued up, confident kid. Or was she a bit thick and easily led? If the latter had she been seduced by false promises of a better life, a perfect environment for true Muslims, a place where she'd be welcomed and would thrive etc?

Having to make a binary choice of is this right or is this wrong is a fairly different concept to being able to make a free, fully informed decision with full awareness of what you're getting yourself into.