You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

11 hours ago, TK421 said:

Boss has a right bee in his bonnet about immigrants.   He fucking hates them.

Why would I hate immigrants? I have zero against anybody that wants to come to the country and seek a better life for themselves.

I just think the country should have, or should've had (because it's too late now) some protectionist policies in place to protect it's own people from the effects of mass immigration. Certainly the working class communities and unskilled British workers. I think that's the job of the country. To look out for it's own people.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Why would I hate immigrants? I have zero against anybody that wants to come to the country and seek a better life for themselves.

I just think the country should have, or should've had (because it's too late now) some protectionist policies in place to protect it's own people from the effects of mass immigration. Certainly the working class communities and unskilled British workers. I think that's the job of the country. To look out for it's own people.

Labour had Migrant Impact Funds to help the communities where most immigrants settled. They also had free English language lessons, to help immigrants integrate. The Tories  (and their Lib Dem seat-fillers) scrapped both of these.

Where Labour failed was in maintaining Thatcher's trade union restrictions.  That's what allowed employers to exploit migrants to undercut British workers. 

On 08/09/2019 at 01:02, Boss said:

I didn't say the population of Rochdale has doubled though, did I? I said the immigrant population has doubled in the last 20 years, and it has.

Some of you lot need to learn to read.

I can read, quite well in fact. Can you prove you can read and respond to my post? 

On 07/09/2019 at 22:59, Numero Veinticinco said:

Hold on, are you talking about Gillian Duffy? She of the town of Rochdale fame? The Rochdale borough that had almost 85% white people (80% white British) it at last count? 70% of them speak English as a second language? Are you sure about this, or are you talking about somebody else?

This on, @Boss

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Labour had Migrant Impact Funds to help the communities where most immigrants settled. They also had free English language lessons, to help immigrants integrate. The Tories  (and their Lib Dem seat-fillers) scrapped both of these.

Where Labour failed was in maintaining Thatcher's trade union restrictions.  That's what allowed employers to exploit migrants to undercut British workers. 

Maintaining her trade union restrictions? Don't you mean reversing?

20 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Maintaining her trade union restrictions? Don't you mean reversing?

No. They tinkered with Tory trade union laws (mainly to fall in line with EU legislation) but they maintained the bulk of the restrictions Thatcher brought in. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_labour_law

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No. They tinkered with Tory trade union laws (mainly to fall in line with EU legislation) but they maintained the bulk of the restrictions Thatcher brought in. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_labour_law

Ah got you, so they failed to reverse them, with you now.

6 hours ago, viRdjil said:

So it’s only Monday AM but the mainstream right - not even far right - have likened Jeremy Corbyn to Hitler and Mugabe. Classy.

The Daily Fail are running a story about recently uncovered photos of Corbyn and McDonnell at the wedding of one of the Guildford Four. 

Do you know, the Guildford Four, who didn't bomb anything and were wrongly convicted? 

Oooh Jeremy, you are awful! 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Daily Fail are running a story about recently uncovered photos of Corbyn and McDonnell at the wedding of one of the Guildford Four. 

Do you know, the Guildford Four, who didn't bomb anything and were wrongly convicted? 

Oooh Jeremy, you are awful! 

Gobshites aren't they. 

Seen the headline on their site about Bercow now as well? I hate the media.