You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

He has yet to convince for me. He looks a level below what's required to challenge based on what I've seen of him so far. However he is still very young especially in terms of being a first choice goalkeeper. He should have plenty of improvement in him, especially as he becomes more accustomed to his teammates and the league. You could argue at the start of the year that this is the perfect time to blood him in to the team, as expectations were close to an all time low, given our negative net spend. However, he ought to show a bit more than he currently is showing... as he's not performing any better than what we would get from Mignolet.

We paid less than £5m for him, which tells its own story.

Not in the way you are hinting it doesnt.

Klopp has already proved that stupidly high transfers to land top class players. Whether Karius sinks or swims Klopp has done a good job to get him at this price and will move him on if it doesnt work out. I am confident it will,after a bedding in period of course.

I know sometimes you can 'Just tell' regarding how a player is going to turn out, but he's 22/23, was very highly rated in Germany and perhaps most importantly of all, was bought buy fucking Klopp.

Give the man a chance. Support him. Why do you think certain people in the media are slaughtering the lad? They want to destroy his confidence because they know a quality confident keeper would help us achieve an extra 10 or so points a season.

• Upvote 3

I noticed that. As soon as the second half kicked off he started scapegoating Karius. Ok the lad looked a bit dodgy at times but even when the ball was no where near him Neville was being a proper snide.

Pains me to say he echoed my feelings at the time, I was convinced he was going to cost us the game

Lost in all this slating is the fact that Karius has barely had any attempts on his goal.

Perhaps this is due to him better organizing the defense in front of him, or him increasing the confidence of his defense....

I did notice our players played the ball back to him quite a bit - I thought perhaps they were helping him get touches and gain confidence.

• Upvote 1

Lost in all this slating is the fact that Karius has barely had any attempts on his goal.

Perhaps this is due to him better organizing the defense in front of him, or him increasing the confidence of his defense....

No, that's down to Matip.

We should do to him, what Ivan lendls dad used to do. Tie him to a pole on the edge of the six yard and force him to catch crosses all day long.

Except lendle wasn't really catching but more hitting, fuck it You get my drift, no.

Once tied to this post I favour the firing squad solution

Does this even stack up? We played Hull, probably the worst team in the league - who went down to 10 men early and United, who barely tried to score.  The other game was Swansea, who scored one and but for some poor finishing, could at the very least have had more chances on target.