You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Its really fucking shocking that people are getting on this lads case when he has played less than 5 times for the club. In fully expect that in each and every case that those doubters started a new job they took the place by storm and were CEO within 3 months. 

Give your heads a wobble for fuck sake.

• Downvote 1

Does this even stack up? We played Hull, probably the worst team in the league - who went down to 10 men early and United, who barely tried to score.  The other game was Swansea, who scored one and but for some poor finishing, could at the very least have had more chances on target

Swansea should have at least got a point,  Very lucky win and as you say Utd didn't try to score but even so the big grock could have won it. No for me quit while your'e ahead and bench Karius for a while rather than wait to be turned over by some alehouse shite; Pulis for example, 

The least You should expect for a keeper in the first division is someone trying to command his area. We haven't had one forever. we haven't won the league forever. It's quite simple defence wins titles, offence sells tickets combine those two, and a magic formula is created.

We had that combination for many years, unfortunately the mancs had it aswell for years.

I'm not sure Kalorius bactus will ever be able to command his area. either You have it in You or You don't, it's a courage thing, as the fucking thing hurt sometimes.

I think writing a young keeper off after just a few games is madness. Especially one that comes so highly rated. It's pretty obvious that sometimes a player needs a little bit of time to adapt. I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of patience.

Wasn't de Gea gash when he first started?

Nah, he was bad enough to get dropped for that fat lad from west brom.

I don't think Karius is a shit house he just appears to be unable to judge a cross.

Not unlike most modern keepers,to be fair. The best keepers tend to either stay put or punch the ball,Karius just seems to be over keen to come for it but sometimes realises its not for the keeper to deal with. Its simply over keenness to try and prove himself. He just needs to relax and play his normal game and he will settle in.

What about giving him some time? 3 – three!!!! – appearances and we write him off? Way, way, too early. To me his fumbling ways looks like a self confidence thing. Let’s give him some time to settle in, and then judge him!

Been a goalie myself in my younger days. There's a lot of pressure on a keeper, one little mistake and your team loose. If I’d been thrown out to keep the Kop end goal I’d be scared shitless.

When 12K people behind you think you’re crap, you’ll notice, not particularly good for your self esteem is it? That’s how it is however. He’ll need to handle that pressure I’m afraid. He must. It’s either that or leave.

Hope to see him between the poles tomorrow. Best thing is for the other players to give us a 3 goal lead. Then he can lower his shoulders a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1