You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Can anyone tell me how many games he has cost us. Or even just how many goals.

If its less than one he far better than Simple Simon

A massive over simplification.

Goals conceded and results are probably very low down on the list of judging a players form.

Meh, we just don't do good goalkeepers. Reina was the only top class keeper we had in the past 25 years or so. The rest have been decent to absolutely dire. 

Reina was only good for like three years. By Rodgers' first season he'd got so carried away being a sweeper keeper he'd forgotten to do the basics like stop shots or cover his near post. Cost us so many goals that year.

Reina was only good for like three years. By Rodgers' first season he'd got so carried away being a sweeper keeper he'd forgotten to do the basics like stop shots or cover his near post. Cost us so many goals that year.

He also got a bit carried away being a cheerleader in celebrations for a Spanish team that never played him in important games.

To his eternal credit though, he at least took a few swipes off the owners at a time when other senior players said nothing.

• Upvote 1

Karius came for a cross and caught it in the first half. He wasn't too bad today. We've got it in our head that he's hopeless on crosses so the confirmation bias kicks in and too many go overboard in their criticism.

Their goal was from a corner. I wouldn't fault the goalie for the goal. We should have won the header, and then they got lucky that the ball popped right into the path of their player for an easy finish.

Karius plays football at the edge of his box and almost acts like another defender for us. That's the main thing he adds that changes the game from Mignolet.

We haven't really been under much of any pressure since he's come in, so we haven't seen his shot stopping ability, but he's doing OK. He needs to improve on crosses but it's not as bad as people are saying. He's worth his place in the side and I'm looking forward to seeing him grow, along with the exciting side that is emerging.

• Upvote 4

Karius came for a cross and caught it in the first half.

Even I could have caught that one. 

Today was his best game for us, which is possibly because he didn't have anything of note to do. I like the fact he's comfortable with the ball at his feet.

He needs to improve on crosses but it's not as bad as people are saying. 

Or, alternatively, he's much worse than some people are pretending.

Anyway, I'm going to stop yapping about him - hopefully he's a success.