You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New LFC International Ambassador

M_B

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/217017-michael-owen-becomes-lfc-international-ambassador

Liverpool FC has today announced that Michael Owen will become the club's first official international ambassador.

This new role will see the former Liverpool striker engaging with fans around the world and representing the club at various fan and commercial events.

Owen, a product of the Reds' youth system, notched 158 goals in 297 appearances across seven seasons and was part of the team that won the historic treble of 2001, most notably scoring both goals in the 2-1 FA Cup final win over Arsenal.

He remains the last Englishman and only Liverpool player to be named the best in Europe while at the club, having been awarded the Ballon d'Or in 2001.

As international ambassador, Owen makes a welcome return to the club that gave him his first-team debut 20 years ago.

On the appointment, he said: "As a Liverpool fan I am honoured and delighted to have been asked to play this international role for the club.

"Liverpool FC is the world's greatest football family and it's great for me to be able to represent the club in an official capacity once again."

They must have been impressed by his previous promotional experience.........

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Decent choice but I would've gone with El-Hadji Diouf, myself.

I tell you what, you'd have to go that far to find somebody I dislike more than Owen. Him or that cunt Charles Itandje. 

• Upvote 1

So you still believe that Ian FUCKING Ayre does a good job?

The guy expresses his small penisness and Cuckold mania through our Great Football Club.  

The guy probably went to the argentine cunt (the one that I said I would like to RAPE in front of his mother) after the game and congratulate him for the tackle against Origi. He is this kind of person.

I tell you what, you'd have to go that far to find somebody I dislike more than Owen. Him or that cunt Charles Itandje.

Owen is only below Sterling for me on my most hated list, I've star erred to warm to him since he's starting commentating as he does show some affection towards LFC but no way should he be an ambassador.

He shit on the club and cost us millions but now he's retired and no one from his other clubs care about him hes getting a paid position from our club, whoever was involved with the decision to give him the job needs to be sacked.