You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New LFC International Ambassador

M_B

Proper "Modern Footy" thread stuff this is.

Why do we need an ambassador? If this a diplomatic mission where is the ambassador?

We definitely need an ambassador. Sakho made it clear, last week, that Liverpool is a sovereign country. What he didn't make clear is whether we'll have elected representatives, but I assume we'll have that information shortly.

It's quite the achievement for someone to be universally disliked by Liverpool fans after being so damn good for us.  I don't know any Liverpool fans that have a good word to say about him.

I don't why but I never did warm to him like Fowler, Torres and Suarez.

"We need a new club ambassador. Someone the fans really love. What's the name of that lad who came through the youth system? English. Scored loads of goals for the club. Won loads of caps. Had an FA Cup Final named after him. Left to go and play abroad. Been on BT Sport this season. What's his name?"

"Michael Owen?"

"That must be the fella. Sign him up!"

Ambassador? Forgetting that he played for Manchester United for a minute, he has the personality of a fucking billiards cue. 

"Greetings from Malaysia, we are delighted to welcome you to our wonderful country occupying the Malaysian Peninsula and part of the island of Borneo. It's known for its beaches, rainforests and mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European influences and full of interesting culture, not to mention our fanatical Liverpool supporters! You'll never walk alone!!!!" 

"Hi, erm.... I'm Michael. " 

• Upvote 1

Ambassador? Forgetting that he played for Manchester United for a minute, he has the personality of a fucking billiards cue. 

"Greetings from Malaysia, we are delighted to welcome you to our wonderful country occupying the Malaysian Peninsula and part of the island of Borneo. It's known for its beaches, rainforests and mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European influences and full of interesting culture, not to mention our fanatical Liverpool supporters! You'll never walk alone!!!!" 

Erm....nope.

Guest Pistonbroke

The cunt will try and rent them some property. 

So you still believe that Ian FUCKING Ayre does a good job?

The guy expresses his small penisness and Cuckold mania through our Great Football Club.  

The guy probably went to the argentine cunt (the one that I said I would like to RAPE in front of his mother) after the game and congratulate him for the tackle against Origi. He is this kind of person.

You are probably the only poster on here that I would expect to quite literally rape that Argentinian and not just be blowing hot air on here.

Salute Nightcat, you crazy fucker.

• Upvote 1

His goals were ace but what has happened since he played for us means he's not a suitable ambassador, in my not so humble opinion.

Agreed. I think he's still one of our best strikers of recent years and don't hate the lad by any means, but he's a modern day mark Lawrenson, we're not arsed about him and vice versa. Very strange appointment, I can only imagine they've done some kind of focus group about international fans and who they recognise, Owen was up there with Beckham for showbiz branding in the East back in the day.
  • Upvote 1