You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tories - convince me you're not evil

Gym Beglin

It's criminal but this was Cameron and Osbourne ,

Fucking mental policy putting more kids out on the streets . Does it not occur to the stupid cunts it will cost much more in the long run not mention the damage done to poor sods sleeping rough,

Worth just recapping on her words less than a year ago when she took office,  They should be written down and stuffed down the lying bitch;s throat until she chokes. The hubris of the woman just beggars belief

Because not everybody knows this, but the full title of my party is the Conservative and Unionist Party, and that word ‘unionist’ is very important to me.

It means we believe in the Union: the precious, precious bond between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. But it means something else that is just as important; it means we believe in a union not just between the nations of the United Kingdom but between all of our citizens, every one of us, whoever we are and wherever we’re from.

That means fighting against the burning injustice that, if you’re born poor, you will die on average 9 years earlier than others.

If you’re black, you’re treated more harshly by the criminal justice system than if you’re white.

If you’re a white, working-class boy, you’re less likely than anybody else in Britain to go to university.

If you’re at a state school, you’re less likely to reach the top professions than if you’re educated privately.

If you’re a woman, you will earn less than a man. If you suffer from mental health problems, there’s not enough help to hand.

If you’re young, you’ll find it harder than ever before to own your own home.

But the mission to make Britain a country that works for everyone means more than fighting these injustices. If you’re from an ordinary working class family, life is much harder than many people in Westminster realise. You have a job but you don’t always have job security. You have your own home, but you worry about paying a mortgage. You can just about manage but you worry about the cost of living and getting your kids into a good school.

If you’re one of those families, if you’re just managing, I want to address you directly.

I know you’re working around the clock, I know you’re doing your best, and I know that sometimes life can be a struggle. The government I lead will be driven not by the interests of the privileged few, but by yours.

We will do everything we can to give you more control over your lives. When we take the big calls, we’ll think not of the powerful, but you. When we pass new laws, we’ll listen not to the mighty but to you. When it comes to taxes, we’ll prioritise not the wealthy, but you. When it comes to opportunity, we won’t entrench the advantages of the fortunate few. We will do everything we can to help anybody, whatever your background, to go as far as your talents will take you.

We are living through an important moment in our country’s history. Following the referendum, we face a time of great national change.

And I know because we’re Great Britain, that we will rise to the challenge. As we leave the European Union, we will forge a bold new positive role for ourselves in the world, and we will make Britain a country that works not for a privileged few, but for every one of us.

That will be the mission of the government I lead, and together we will build a better Britain.

The DWP "kill yourself" scandal...

ATOS assessors are doubting people's mental health issues/suicidal tendencies based on them being alive still and are asking inappropriate questions like "well, if you're suicidal why haven't you killed yourself?"

A disturbing read...

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/07/more-people-come-forward-in-the-dwp-kill-yourself-scandal/

The DWP "kill yourself" scandal...

ATOS assessors are doubting people's mental health issues/suicidal tendencies based on them being alive still and are asking inappropriate questions like "well, if you're suicidal why haven't you killed yourself?"

A disturbing read...

http://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/07/more-people-come-forward-in-the-dwp-kill-yourself-scandal/

Me sister and my mum's husband have been through disability assessments lately, he has to go to a tribunal for his and the stress has resulted in my mum, their carer, being referred to the mental health team. Great success.

Me sister and my mum's husband have been through disability assessments lately, he has to go to a tribunal for his and the stress has resulted in my mum, their carer, being referred to the mental health team. Great success.

I posted on here a while ago about the amount of shit my dad had.

He's past retirement so it's a different situation now and he's on a pension and PIP.

But he was laid off at around 58, he is more or less blind in one eye, diabetic, arthritic, has COPD / Absestosis, has had to have his spine fused, a dodgy prostate, some kind of kidney thing which is as yet unexplained (basically a large lump which causes pain but isn't cancerous), sciatica and Crohn's. 

When he went to sign on they said he wasn't fit to work so would have to go on ESA, the ATOS/ people said he's fit to work and it just went in a loop like that for ages. So he got fuck all for the best part of 18 months or so while it was fought out, then got ESA for about 6 months before they decided he wasn't eligible and it started again for another year or so. 

It was pretty much only once I'd pushed him to speak to our local MP (who I don't know much about at national level but who is a very good constituent MP) before they finally caved.

When you look at the time they've wasted giving him shit and all of the appeals and everything else you do wonder where the money saving's are meant to be.

Presumably a lot of people just ultimately decide it's not worth it and fuck it off.  The few who don't will be people like my dad who is a stroppy bastard at the best of times and left with time on his hands had nothing better to do than fight the bastards. 

In his case he genuinely was unfit for work, he's been motor trade all of his life but physically he can't go on the tools, he sometimes tries to help me out a bit and he gets out of breath trying to share lifting something I can carry on my own. He has no other skills, it's what he did from the moment he left school and the technology side has passed him by. 

There will be loads more like him to come, basically physically fucked and pretty much on the scrap heap in their mid 50s, then spend the remainder of their "working" days putting up with loads of shit. 

Work hard and you'll get your rewards is a fairy tale. 

• Upvote 1

Aren't they on a financial incentive to remove as many people as possible?

I've seen stories saying they are, but I've never seen anything which backed it up with conclusive proof.

The way they treat people I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. 

I don't think it's as direct as that. I think it's more a case that the bigger the cunt you are the more noticed you will be, and the more likely to get promotion, etc.

And also people that show compassion, and don't treat people like rats, may find themselves on the other side of the desk before long.

• Upvote 1

I think there's a general culture of looking down at poor people in those departments. My mate worked on the Job Centre phone lines and said the attitude of some was that they worked hard and got very little reward and so were resentful of what they saw as people getting something for nothing. He later worked for the crisis loans department and said there was someone on his team who said 'no' pretty much to every request, purely on principle (or lack of). 

Guest Pistonbroke

I posted on here a while ago about the amount of shit my dad had.

He's past retirement so it's a different situation now and he's on a pension and PIP.

But he was laid off at around 58, he is more or less blind in one eye, diabetic, arthritic, has COPD / Absestosis, has had to have his spine fused, a dodgy prostate, some kind of kidney thing which is as yet unexplained (basically a large lump which causes pain but isn't cancerous), sciatica and Crohn's. 

When he went to sign on they said he wasn't fit to work so would have to go on ESA, the ATOS/ people said he's fit to work and it just went in a loop like that for ages. So he got fuck all for the best part of 18 months or so while it was fought out, then got ESA for about 6 months before they decided he wasn't eligible and it started again for another year or so. 

It was pretty much only once I'd pushed him to speak to our local MP (who I don't know much about at national level but who is a very good constituent MP) before they finally caved.

When you look at the time they've wasted giving him shit and all of the appeals and everything else you do wonder where the money saving's are meant to be.

Presumably a lot of people just ultimately decide it's not worth it and fuck it off.  The few who don't will be people like my dad who is a stroppy bastard at the best of times and left with time on his hands had nothing better to do than fight the bastards. 

In his case he genuinely was unfit for work, he's been motor trade all of his life but physically he can't go on the tools, he sometimes tries to help me out a bit and he gets out of breath trying to share lifting something I can carry on my own. He has no other skills, it's what he did from the moment he left school and the technology side has passed him by. 

There will be loads more like him to come, basically physically fucked and pretty much on the scrap heap in their mid 50s, then spend the remainder of their "working" days putting up with loads of shit. 

Work hard and you'll get your rewards is a fairy tale. 

It's the same over here in Germany mate. I have a mate who went through pretty much the same scenario of going around in circles as your old man. Various job centres/agencies and doctors saying not fit to work but the Deutsche Rentenversicherung (DRV) saying he was fit to work and fucking his claim for partial/full retirement off. He ended up managing to survive due to his missus working longer hours. She then lost her job and they were then down to social benefits. It wasn't doing his mental health any favours either as he had worked his complete adult life and was now caught in the bureaucratic merry go round.

Now bless him, but my mate hasn't got a clue about the Internet and where to look for help etc. 

I read up on-line about similar stuff and then downloaded the paperwork for him to put in for retirement again just to get the whole thing started again, I told him the DRV would once again fuck him off but it would be in the system to take it further. I then downloaded all the paperwork for Legal Aid which I told him he would get due to his financial situation and then took him to see a Lawyer with his case. The Lawyer entered an objection to the DRV's findings and the DRV, as expected, fucked that off as well. He was seen by various doctors who were all wank retired money grabbing pricks who the DRV use, exactly what the lawyer said would happen. This is the point the Lawyer wanted to get to so he could take it to the Social courts. The courts then sorted out a load of doctor assessments but with Independent doctors who the Lawyer had to acknowledge. After he had completed these assessments it went before the three Judges at the social court and he won his case. The whole procedure went on for nearly three years (about 14 months after the point I stepped in and told him to go to a Lawyer). The DRV had to back pay him from day 1 of his claim, obviously he had to pay the social services the money back they'd received from them. 

The Lawyer was saying that they are literally 10's of thousands of these cases in our state alone and the number is rising due to a lot of people who were born in the 50's early 60's just being two ill or disabled to work. Most people just can't be arsed with going through all the hassle and try to find work, knowing that they won't be able to hold a job down if they are lucky enough to find one, or spend the rest of their working life up to retirement getting fucked about by all and sundry. He also said that these procedures the DRV stick to, are as a result from the highest Courts/Government in cohort to make it as hard as possible for people in the hope that the majority fuck it off. They know if people with true illnesses take it to court that the game is over and they will have to pay the pensions/retirement money. 

I don't think it is happening in Germany but I have read that in the UK they are trying to fuck off Legal Aid representing people in these type of cases for the very point this Lawyer made and the fact the internet is making it easier for people to know their rights and get help. 

I'd advise anyone, regardless of age, to take out a Legal Expense Insurance which covers this sort of stuff, Ill health can strike at anytime. 

Just been to a DWP appeal today, McKenzie Friend'ing/advocating for a family friend. I didn't have much of a clue what was happening but was asked to go because I'd been in immigration tribunals and was comfortable in court etc. Anyway, I didn't need to go as they were spot on themselves and I didn't speak once! And they won, getting the allowed appeal notice just 10 minutes after the hearing finished.

Anyway, I digress. The real point was some of the horrid sights I saw while waiting. Old men barely able to walk, unkempt because they aren't able to look after themselves, visibly jittery and shaking while walking. You get people pulling a fast one, but you could tell just by looking that these people were genuinely in really poor health. It disgusted me. That it's come to this. A benefits system that doesn't really help the needy. Where initial decision makers appear to be making cruel and wrong decisions, knowing that they'll likely get overturned on appeal. But, knowing that it's increasingly difficult to get help and representation at appeals due to cuts to CAB's and advocacy services.

It was genuinely upsetting and anger inducing that this one particular bloke, a broken, shell of a man, was having to go through the obviously apparent traumatic experience of going to a tribunal to get a few quid just to survive and that his claim was refused in the first place.

This fucking country!

• Upvote 1

In 2005, his wealth was estimated at £1 million, much of which had apparently been acquired by after-dinner speaking. An "audience with Duncan Smith", however, which was held at Liverpool's Philharmonic Hall, attracted an audience of only 67 people.[80]

Duncan Smith has been reported to support both Tottenham Hotspur,[81] where he holds a season ticket,[82] and Aston Villa.[83]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Duncan_Smith