You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

temper

littletedwest

How's your temper? mine is to mild, think Clark Kent. The Mrs is like a raging bull. As evidenced by the knob head neighbours thread.

my mum and dad are the same as me. My uncle on my dad's side came in pub a few year ago with a black eye been fighting at 70 my auntie is the same.Rest of our family are very mild mannered.

I have a mate who is a right hard case he is really abrupt if someone annoys him but he actually asks people to step outside if it's getting like there could be trouble.

sometimes wish I had a bigger temper let people walk all over me at times because I can't be arsed or don't have the temperament to lose it.

I have at temper depending on the stimulus. Most things I can take in stride but if I feel seriously aggrieved or threatened I can get ugly fast. 

I also have a mate who while he is never first to offer the challenge to "step outside" will always accept it as he's easily provoked. While not particularly hard looking or imposing I've yet to see him come out the loser, he knows how to take care of himself. He feels like shit afterwards every time though. Kind of a cycle he can't seem to break out of

If we're talking about losing your temper, plenty of stuff winds me up but I almost never lose my temper and if I do its more likely to come out as a noise rather than words and its done in less than 5 seconds. I may remain angry or upset but its controlled. Like you, ted, I've often said I'd like to be more scary, but I wouldnt really. I know what scary does to me

Hardly ever lose my temper, takes quite a fair bit to wind me up. Even when I'm rowing I never raise my voice and its rare that I'm the aggressor. I do however flip when I get pushed to far, I'm vile. I've an incredibly sharp tongue in a row, I always try to keep it in check (once you say something, you can't take it back). When I lose my temper, it all flows far too well and i know that any relationship/friendship I had with the person is well and truly over at that point, it's always said coldly and callously. I'm horrible.