You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Athletics Championships 2015

Special K

Guest Pistonbroke

Only a morning of rest

Fuck, didn't plan for that as I thought they had the whole day off. Too much work to catch up on, I shall have to record it and watch it later. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Introducing the 400m final, the South African athlete, van Niekirk, big Liverpool supporter apparently.

And wins, beating favourites, Merritt and James

I knew our lad had no chance so wanted Van Niekirk to win after being told he was a red, he certainly produced the goods! Collapsed after the race though and is still receiving treatment in the medical area, the ambulance which turned up to take him to hospital was turned away so some promising news. 

Hopefully Bolt will kick that druggie bastard in the 200 final, our lad has an outside chance of a bronze if he keeps improving. 

Farah won the 5000m gold earlier as expected.

It seems to me that in every major championship, one or both of the British and USA 4x100m men's relay teams WILL make a hash of the baton change. Usually it's because the Americans get too cocky and the Brits lack communication and organisation. Jamaica charged through for gold even though they weren't exactly fluid in their changes either, but the Brit on the anchor leg took off too soon and looked and reached out too late, and ended up stopping. The American anchor also went too soon and took the baton outside the changeover zone, therefore the US team were disqualified. They were actually leading at that point, but that mess up along with Bolt anchoring the Jamaicans settled the matter. China got pushed up to silver.

Guest Pistonbroke

That's my athletics fix sorted for the Day, Mo the man and as usual our useless 100 metre runners fuck up again. Nice to see the USA get DQ'd, especially having seen that cunt Gatlin trying to celebrate getting the Silver. 

Last day tomorrow, hopefully get another medal in one of the 4X400, probably by the women. 

Britain fuck up the 100M relay yet again. I remember commenting on a thread here a few years ago, might have been the previous championships, predicting GB would fuck up the relay and it happened. And it happened yet again. Absolutely fucking useless.

Britain fuck up the 100M relay yet again. I remember commenting on a thread here a few years ago, might have been the previous championships, predicting GB would fuck up the relay and it happened. And it happened yet again. Absolutely fucking useless.

It'd be a braver statement predicting they'd get it right!