You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

It will be interesting to see what happens. If we make the right signings in January and Summer then for me Henderson becomes a squad man and loses the captaincy.

He’s a decent player but he gets a bad rap a bit too much as he’s captain. There were not exactly numerous candidates, so he’s done his stint in the role in the aftermath of a legend, but I can’t see a prominent role for him in the team we are becoming.

I’m not sure there’s a precedent for someone losing the captaincy in their prime playing years and becoming more of a squad man. It’s something that happens as a player is winding down his career but this feels different. Because of that I think Henderson might not survive at Liverpool, but we’ll see.

Jordan is though.

It's a really hard decision knowing who to point at when you don't have the ball, especially when you ignore the other players pointing and insist on passing to a defender or goalkeeper when everyone else is pointing at the striker.

It was rotation.

He’ll play the next game just like he did the one before this where we won 1-5 & he played well.

All our players have been having breaks & I think that will continue to be the case.

I’m happy with Can, Hendo & Wijnaldum rotating in that CM area keeping them all fresh.

Hendo, Hendo, Hendo. He had his chance but he keeps bottling it. In fact, he is so bereft of courage that he makes the captain's armband look more like a fashion accessory than the livery of a footballing warrior. 

God only knows how the previous LFC captains feel when they see this Walter Softy pissing his pants and giving shit-yourself suicide passes to his unfortunate team-mates. The sad truth is he tarnishes the legacy and history of the Captain's title when he fails to shoulder the responsibility of the role. 

If you are up for the challenge then surely you must be able to stand the criticism that will inevitably come with the limelight. Well here is mine. He has little imagination and seems to lack real fire or possess a true nasty streak. More than a slight hindrance if your aim is to be a leader. 

I will also say he has gone further than just being a failure as a captain though. Now he is actually a detriment to the team. Sometimes it takes us about 8 passes to recover from his cowardliness when he chooses to merely help the ball along instead of putting his bollocks on the line and beating his man or playing an offensive cutting pass to one of our attacking players.

It's not wise to deal in absolutes but you can say with almost monotonous certainty that during our matches he will never attempt to carry the ball and punch through midfield, never go out of his way to really intimidate the opposition and he will never pick his moment to take a yellow card and stamp his authoritah on the game when it's in the balance or when our backs are against the wall, as a true Captain of Liverpool Football Club should.

He is basically a passenger. It's a pity but it's not our fault and I think it's best for all concerned if he's not given it again.

Give it to Mane or Phil. 

• Upvote 2

Hendo, Hendo, Hendo. He had his chance but he keeps bottling it. In fact, he is so bereft of courage that he makes the captain's armband look more like a fashion accessory than the livery of a footballing warrior. 

God only knows how the previous LFC captains feel when they see this Walter Softy pissing his pants and giving shit-yourself suicide passes to his unfortunate team-mates. The sad truth is he tarnishes the legacy and history of the Captain's title when he fails to shoulder the responsibility of the role. 

If you are up for the challenge then surely you must be able to stand the criticism that will inevitably come with the limelight. Well here is mine. He has little imagination and seems to lack real fire or possess a true nasty streak. More than a slight hindrance if your aim is to be a leader. 

I will also say he has gone further than just being a failure as a captain though. Now he is actually a detriment to the team. Sometimes it takes us about 8 passes to recover from his cowardliness when he chooses to merely help the ball along instead of putting his bollocks on the line and beating his man or playing an offensive cutting pass to one of our attacking players.

It's not wise to deal in absolutes but you can say with almost monotonous certainty that during our matches he will never attempt to carry the ball and punch through midfield, never go out of his way to really intimidate the opposition and he will never pick his moment to take a yellow card and stamp his authoritah on the game when it's in the balance or when our backs are against the wall, as a true Captain of Liverpool Football Club should.

He is basically a passenger. It's a pity but it's not our fault and I think it's best for all concerned if he's not given it again.

Give it to Mane or Phil. 

Can you imagine Steven Gerrard being rested against Spartak Moscow in his prime as Captain, knowing that anything less than a draw means certain disqualification? Certainly he was in his later years but mid 20s he was the heartbeat of the team. Gerrard in this team would be a fucking beast.

On the one hand it could just be rotation. Keep him fresh. Put him in for the derby. No big deal. 

On the other hand, it could be the start of the end at Liverpool for him. You would have to think that you can't have a captain who doesn't play as a guaranteed starter. So if someone else gets the armband, where does that leave Henderson? He is definitely good enough to be part of the squad, but can you stay, having lost the captaincy, when you are at peak footballing age? 

I know Sami stayed on after Stevie got the armband, but that was different, as Sami was getting on a bit, and Stevie was a force of nature that comes along once in a generation. 

My best take on it is that this is the start of the end for Henderson at Liverpool. 

Liverpool captain. The fuck does this dickhead even do? Turning circle of a cruise liner, can't pass for shit, rarely scores, and has all the presence of a crusty cum sock on the pitch. Utterly fucking useless.

Nobody points with their hand better than Henderson.  Seems to be all he does now.  

3762292.jpg

His days are clearly numbered.  

eye-twitch.gif

Liverpool captain. The fuck does this dickhead even do? Turning circle of a cruise liner, can't pass for shit, rarely scores, and has all the presence of a crusty cum sock on the pitch. Utterly fucking useless.

Hasn’t scored in a league game at Anfield for two years I understand. You can soon change rarely to never I reckon.

He's been here for 6 years so I don't think there's anything left to say about him that already hasn't been said, but man is he mediocre.

He's a dream for any team that comes to park the bus because he's totally incapable of playing a pass through the lines. I don't expect him to be Pirlo but fuck me, every single one of his passes go to the safest option, or is a useless Hollywood ball.

Someone please, please relegate him to the bench already. I almost can't take watching this guy attempt to be a professional midfielder anymore.   

Guest Pistonbroke

When Coutinho did a bit of dancing and laid the ball off to Hendo for our final chance, I knew it was all over. Can't knock the lad for effort today and he put himself about, but he really is Mr ordinary and shoots like someone who is learning the game having never played it. 

I dont blame him at all. He isnt that good but somehow finds himself captain. He needs to be phased out but it's a tough one for klopp to manage

He is terrible at shooting, its laughable

Don’t think it’s very tough for Klopp to be honest. I mean who’ll complain if he phases him slowly out? He’s no longer an automatic starter, and next season I expect him to be a squad player. And no one will complain about it, fans, team mates or press.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)