You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nathaniel Clyne

Innova

He was brilliant last season, had a couple of dodgy games this year, but was brilliant today and will be brilliant this season.

Assuming he stays here for the next 5 years, he might be the best signing we've made since Suarez.

He's basically sorted a position for the foreseeable future. Really solid player, Milner is similar on the left.

Never seems to get injured which is a massive plus.

Sent from my Moto G (4)

• Downvote 1

Don't see what most are seeing with Clyne. He's a pretty average footballer. He's got some pretty clear positives and negatives about him, and I don't really get the constant love-in. I think he's a donkey with the ball at his feet and he really struggles in the air and with team defending. He's actually been pretty clearly at fault for quite a few goals this season, yet people seem to be ignoring that.

I think he's good at one-on-one defending and he's a great athlete but that's about it really. He's ok and nothing more.

• Upvote 1

Don't see what most are seeing with Clyne. He's a pretty average footballer. He's got some pretty clear positives and negatives about him, and I don't really get the constant love-in. I think he's a donkey with the ball at his feet and he really struggles in the air and with team defending. He's actually been pretty clearly at fault for quite a few goals this season, yet people seem to be ignoring that.

I think he's good at one-on-one defending and he's a great athlete but that's about it really. He's ok and nothing more.

Blow me fuckface. Go to hell. I'm sick of you.

• Upvote 3

You have just described an ideal fullback in the modern game.

He's better at everything than Finnan was, apart possibly from heading.  Finnan was reliable, unspectacular, and read the game well.  We'll get similar from Clyne (he will get better at reading the game), but with more pace and technique.

I think he is a good buy.

• Upvote 2

Brilliant in one vs one situations.

Loads of energy.

Can be good in attack.

He can improve his defending on the back post and he can switched off and lose his marker.

But on the whole, there aren't many better RBs around than Clyne.

He's better at everything than Finnan was, apart possibly from heading. Finnan was reliable, unspectacular, and read the game well. We'll get similar from Clyne (he will get better at reading the game), but with more pace and technique.

I think he is a good buy.

The only similarity to Finnan is you know you'll always get at least a 7/10.

He can improve in the final third but considering the stupid money players are going for £12m is a great buy.

Fair play to Rodgers.

He's basically sorted a position for the foreseeable future. Really solid player, Milner is similar on the left.

Never seems to get injured which is a massive plus.

Sent from my Moto G (4)

Top mockering right there.

Finnan was better at crossing. Not that I hold that against Clyne, Finnan was a brilliant crosser.

I still remember him getting two assists in a European Cup game against Eindhoven. Class player and incredibly underrated.

• 1 year later...