You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I like the way people are already looking whistfully back at the eu as some magical state of nania.

The last two decades of eu policy tells a different story.

Mass eu youth unemployment. tick.

Low to stagnant eu growth. tick.

Huge rise in eu wealth inequality. tick.

• Upvote 1

!Fuck this shit. Fuck you Rupert http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tony-blair-hints-at-role-as-brexit-negotiator-in-eu-talks-that-will-require-serious-statesmanship/ar-AAhPcIr?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=ACERDHP15 Tony Blair hints at role as Brexit negotiator in EU talks that will require 'serious statesmanship

Tony Blair has called for “serious statesmanship” in negotiating Britain’s exit from the European Union .

Writing in The Telegraph, Mr Blair insists a Eurosceptic ‘Brexit Minister’ would be the wrong choice to conduct talks with the EU.

In an article that will inevitably be seen as an offer by Mr Blair to play a part in the negotiations, the former prime minister says: “There is going to be a negotiation of extraordinary complexity where there are a thousand devils in every detail... This needs serious statesmanship.”

Mr Blair questions whether it is “really sensible” to put a pro-Leave minister in charge of Brexit negotiations .

I like the way people are already looking whistfully back at the eu as some magical state of nania.

The last two decades of eu policy tells a different story.

Mass eu youth unemployment. tick.

Low to stagnant eu growth. tick.

Huge rise in eu wealth inequality. tick.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that but potentially inflicting long term and significant economic damage without having a clear plan of our intended destination or how we're going to get there isn't going to help. The political class currently responsible for delivering Brexit doesn't exactly inspire confidence even if you do think leaving is the better option.

Despite the whinging, the tears, the protestations, the ridiculous 'second referendum petition', the prophesies of doom, the accusations of racism and the name-calling of 'Little England thinking', history will show that this decision was the best decision for the future of this country.  Within a few years even all the hard-lefties on here will see that the country is thriving outside of the EU and doing better than if we had remained. 

Immigration will still happen - just at the rate we need and set for ourselves

We will still sell things to the rest of the EU

We will still buy things from them

The seas around our coasts will be fished solely by UK fishermen once gain, an industry that will be able to reverse declines

We will be able to support any of our industries that need support

House prices will start to become more affordable

We will sell more to the rest of the world

We will be responsible for our own laws.  If you don't like them - vote for the opposition

We will once again be responsible for our own destiny

We will not be part of the EU when it eventually folds in on itself - it's only a matter of time.

The doomsayers need to take a hard look at themselves.

This is the first vote I have ever taken part in where I truly felt that mine and every other persons individual vote counted and mattered.  The first vote where I have felt that this really was as close an exercise in true democracy as there could be, despite the lies from both camps. 

Onwards and upwards!

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

Look on the bright side; he's 85, can't be long now.

One would hope so, but you can bet your arse on him living into his late 90's. His sons who will take over the empire are every bit as despicable as he is. 

!Fuck this shit. Fuck you Rupert

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tony-blair-hints-at-role-as-brexit-negotiator-in-eu-talks-that-will-require-serious-statesmanship/ar-AAhPcIr?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=ACERDHP15

Tony Blair hints at role as Brexit negotiator in EU talks that will require 'serious statesmanship

Tony Blair has called for “serious statesmanship” in negotiating Britain’s exit from the European Union .

Writing in The Telegraph, Mr Blair insists a Eurosceptic ‘Brexit Minister’ would be the wrong choice to conduct talks with the EU.

In an article that will inevitably be seen as an offer by Mr Blair to play a part in the negotiations, the former prime minister says: “There is going to be a negotiation of extraordinary complexity where there are a thousand devils in every detail... This needs serious statesmanship.”

Mr Blair questions whether it is “really sensible” to put a pro-Leave minister in charge of Brexit negotiations .

I can imagine Tony and Cherie over the breakfast table

Tony ' I'm bored '

Cherie 'go sort the economy out'

Tony 'I did that years ago'

Cherie 'any wars to occupy you for the day?'

Tony 'there's not a lot left of Iraq Cherie'

Cherie 'what about that middle East place'

Tony ' done that'

Cherie 'isn't there something happening in the eu'

Tony 'bingo, good idea Cherie, it'll be like Panto and the money's just as good'

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Let's come back to it in 5 years time and we'll see.

So you don't have the lotto numbers for next week? 

Guest Pistonbroke

More like Tony The Prick could do with something to help put his image in the washing machine right about now, and is nothing if not sharp as a fucking shithouse rat when he sniffs an opportunity.

Aye, plus lets not forget the handsome pay on offer to whoever heads the deals. 

One would hope so, but you can bet your arse on him living into his late 90's. His sons who will take over the empire are every bit as despicable as he is. 

As despicable, but less competent.

I genuinely do think that Rupert Murdoch and Tony Blair dying would have a hugely positive effect on the country.

Let's come back to it in 5 years time and we'll see.

Tell that to the people who are losing their jobs as we speak and also the victims of the next round of public spending cuts forced onto the country even quicker than normal. This is not also if we are not at war with ourselves or other EU countries.

House prices will never be affordable as the banks and economy are built on that money. Dont forget the government like high house prices as they have everyones head in a noose so you cant walk from your job or strike without fear of repossession.

Immigration won't slow(as leave leaders have said) you want to trafe freely with the EU you have to accept freedom of movement

We have always been in control of our own laws. The difference was if the government stepped over board the EU could hold back the worst of them

There has already been reports thst this could guck fishermen more than being in tbe EU

More like Tony The Prick could do with something to help put his image in the washing machine right about now, and is nothing if not sharp as a fucking shithouse rat when he sniffs an opportunity.

It'll be Rupert telling him what to do.

Let's hope his help to do an eu deal is as good as him sorting peace in the ME.

Maybe. Depends on what we agree with the EU. Immigration from outside the EU will continue as normal

Agreed

Agreed

The seas around our coasts will be fished solely by UK fishermen once gain, an industry that will be able to reverse declines

There will still be quotas. Or there will be no fish to fish.

If we can afford it.

Only if we have a recession. Otherwise they won't.

True

We will be responsible for our own laws.  If you don't like them - vote for the opposition

We already were.

lovely stuff.

We will not be part of the EU when it eventually folds in on itself - it's only a matter of time.

You hope.

Despite the whinging, the tears, the protestations, the ridiculous 'second referendum petition', the prophesies of doom, the accusations of racism and the name-calling of 'Little England thinking', history will show that this decision was the best decision for the future of this country.  Within a few years even all the hard-lefties on here will see that the country is thriving outside of the EU and doing better than if we had remained. 

The doomsayers need to take a hard look at themselves.

This is the first vote I have ever taken part in where I truly felt that mine and every other persons individual vote counted and mattered.  The first vote where I have felt that this really was as close an exercise in true democracy as there could be, despite the lies from both camps. 

Onwards and upwards!

Sorry this smug and deluded bollocks is precisely why MPs should say the result is nit in the best interests of their people and refer it back for a second consideration. If your so sure you're right then I expect the electorate will agree and everyone can have no complaints

They on the other hand look at the rise of racism, the increasing number of companies deciding not to invest in the UK, the cost of their fucking holidays in Spain, decide they have lied to and duped by a big fat blonde cunt and a bog eyed racist liar then decide you're talking through your arse    

• Upvote 1