You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I doubt he won many votes people had long made their mind up long before Boris changed his mind in order to lead the leave campaign.

Murdochs gamble on gove is dependant on Corbyn being removed.

I would say that is a much more acurate thing to say.

It had nothing to do with who was leading the leave campaign it was the fact people wanted to leave that allowed the leave vote to get a majority.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

I doubt he won many votes people had long made their mind up long before Boris changed his mind in order to lead the leave campaign.

Murdochs gamble on gove is dependant on Corbyn being removed.

There's a reason they had a campaign bus and plenty of media coverage - because there were plenty of votes still left to be won.

I've no doubt a lot were pro or anti EU long before any of this, but there were plenty unsure or just needed the right personality and conviction to affirm their views.

This bloke's made a career of winning votes with his loveable rogue persona.

I would say that is a much more acurate thing to say.

It had nothing to do with who was leading the leave campaign it was the fact people wanted to leave that allowed the leave vote to get a majority.

It hugely matters who is the face of a campaign, and people are swayed by it.

Look what's happened to Labour - it's not about Corbyn's views, it's about his face not fitting and not being able to win the vote of the wide public, much as it was with Miliband. 

Convincing, persuasive personalities win votes. I can recall a short Austrian being quite adept at it.

There's a reason they had a campaign bus and plenty of media coverage - because there were plenty of votes still left to be won.

I've no doubt a lot were pro or anti EU long before any of this, but there were plenty unsure or just needed the right personality and conviction to affirm their views.

This bloke's made a career of winning votes with his loveable rogue persona.

Yes there is and its because its part of the political process and that process involves campaigning.

Example is Liverpool always votes labour MPs in even though they are safe seats Labour still campaign in Liverpool.

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't think we have seen the last of him. I think Theresa May will appoint him to babysit Brexit.

I can't see May winning, Gove will get full media backing and he will use article 50 as his major weapon and the fact May wanted to remain in the EU. 

Gove as Prime Minister is every much as bad as Trump being the president of the USA. 

Yes there is and its because its part of the political process and that process involves campaigning.

Example is Liverpool always votes labour MPs in even though they are safe seats Labour still campaign in Liverpool.

There is no campaign process for a referendum. They volunteered to do it for their own political ends - the advancement of their careers.

It hugely matters who is the face of a campaign, and people are swayed by it.

Look what's happened to Labour - it's not about Corbyn's views, it's about his face not fitting and not being able to win the vote of the wide public, much as it was with Miliband.

Convincing, persuasive personalities win votes. I can recall a short Austrian being quite adept at it.

You can have lovable European types with lots of very reputable straight laced English MPs who are very respected by the british public offering something but ultimately it comes down to what the people are offering that will make people choose whether or not to vote for the.

I can't see May winning, Gove will get full media backing and he will use article 50 as his major weapon and the fact May wanted to remain in the EU. 

Gove as Prime Minister is every much as bad as Trump being the president of the USA. 

Thing is, the MP's themselves choose the final two, only then does the membership get to pick one.

Gove is divisive, but yes, he may win.

The media will probably play a bigger part with the wider membership if he gets down to the last two.

You can have lovable European types with lots of very reputable straight laced English MPs who are very respected by the british public offering something but ultimately it comes down to what the people are offering that will make people choose whether or not to vote for the.

He was offering a pile of horseshit with Gove and a carefully distanced Farage.

The people bought it.

My money is on May. Women aren't going to vote for Gove. He looks too much like a nazi tortoise.

From the BBC - Interest rate cuts and quantitative easing. Say goodbye to your savings folks.

"

More from Bank of England governor Mark Carney who has signalled interest rates could be cut over the summer to bolster the economy after the Brexit vote.

Warning that growth could be hit "for some time", he says it's his personal view that "some monetary policy easing will likely be required over the summer", signalling a rate cut next month or in August.

He also hinted that the bank could pump more cash into the economy under its quantitative easing programme and said the Financial Policy Committee could take action when it meets next Tuesday.

His comments fuelled further gains on the FTSE 100 Index, which rose to its highest level since last December, but the rate cut prospects sent the pound sharply lower once more.

"

Johnson has been played for a fool by Murdoch and Dacre. The King of the Idiots, crowned by 17 million useful idiots. And now we will all suffer.

Aye, as it happens I've only just used the phrase 'King for a day, fool for a lifetime' when discussing the tit with a mate about an hour ago.

Stringy nailed him perfectly when he said he'd been educated way past his intellectual capacity, or similar.

From the BBC - Interest rate cuts and quantitative easing. Say goodbye to your savings folks.

"

More from Bank of England governor Mark Carney who has signalled interest rates could be cut over the summer to bolster the economy after the Brexit vote.

Warning that growth could be hit "for some time", he says it's his personal view that "some monetary policy easing will likely be required over the summer", signalling a rate cut next month or in August.

He also hinted that the bank could pump more cash into the economy under its quantitative easing programme and said the Financial Policy Committee could take action when it meets next Tuesday.

His comments fuelled further gains on the FTSE 100 Index, which rose to its highest level since last December, but the rate cut prospects sent the pound sharply lower once more.

"

What fucking savings?

People are struggling to pay mortgages. 

If Milliband was demonised for looking awkward and goofy then Gove should be publicly wedgied. I wouldn't at all be surprised if his political career and ambition for power is entirely a mental battle to get back at being wedgied.

Gove has the media on his side though, and Miliband didn't.

They are rather adept at influencing public perception. In fact, they're fucking experts at it. 

"

"

They just pump that money straight into the pocjets of those whose pockets are already bursting. What a racket.