You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom away

Kevin D

Didn't watch, but re an apparently improved Lovren, who played in midfield today?

Did Can play in front of the defence by any chance?

Gerrard, Henderson and Coutinho were in midfield, with Balotelli, Sterling and Ibe as a front three. Can played at right back, although Can pushed on a bit and looked mor like a midfielder, while Stevie went deep in between Skrtel and Lovren, with Skrtel moving right cb with Can higher up the pitch.

I assume he isnt available a lot then. and involved, then not for the sake of putting on others not as good..........

He was cup-tied last weekend. Other than that he's been injured, came back to fitness in time for the Newcastle game.

All pretty well documented but don't let it get in the way.

• Upvote 1

There's a lot of PR coming from the manager and/or his circle. To me it means he knows he is on thin ice. I'd like to think we've got an intelligent fanbase, at least for the most part. We can see what's going on on the pitch. It's touch and go for Brendan, as the briefings show.

The YESmen and FSG appreciation society is out at full force tonight.

Why do you worry so much? Nothing is going to change anyway. The fake scouser and the YESman will continue to be employed by Liverpool F.C. regardless what happens on the pitch.

But I do think we have the bones of a good team.

bullshit.

Get the strikers right next season and we can give it a good go.

What does that even mean?

There's a lot of PR coming from the manager and/or his circle. To me it means he knows he is on thin ice. I'd like to think we've got an intelligent fanbase, at least for the most part.

You are on the "least" part, then.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why do you worry so much? Nothing is going to change anyway. The fake scouser and the YESman will continue to be employed by Liverpool F.C. regardless what happens on the pitch.

bullshit.

Quim.

• Upvote 1

Gerrard, Henderson and Coutinho were in midfield, with Balotelli, Sterling and Ibe as a front three. Can played at right back, although Can pushed on a bit and looked mor like a midfielder, while Stevie went deep in between Skrtel and Lovren, with Skrtel moving right cb with Can higher up the pitch.

Righto, thanks.

was a bit weird that johnson and can seemed to go narrow in midfield whenever gerrard went in between skrtel and lovren.

Thats the thing. Most fans can see through it, as the comments show.

Got to laugh at this shit. The thing is, its just a minority of vocal fans who stir the shit up.

I mean, what does every journo get for being rodgers' mouth piece?  Does he send them all a jeroboam of champagne every week for being 'on his side'?

Fucking laughable.

If 'most fans' can see through 'it' why would anyone try and use the press to reverse that opinion?

• Upvote 3

bullshit.

Why the hostility? There's no need. 

I gave an opinion to say that it looks to me that Rodgers is on thin ice because there is a bit of a PR effort going on right now. And I've also said that we need to get the strikers right next season. Since you don't know what that means I'll elaborate: the strikers haven't been right this season. Not enough goals, not enough movement, not enough support, especially when we play one up top. I would have thought these opinions are fairly run of the mill, and the sort of fare even fans who want Rodgers gone can agree with. There's nothing remotely contentious there. 

The one opinion I gave that is very much debatable, given the current climate, is that I think we have the bones of a good team. I stand by that. My view is that we do not need to rip it up and start again. We need to add some quality, not quantity, hopefully to go straight into the first team. Striker, midfielder, right back. Ideally they will be very good players and leaders too. 

There's no need to be hostile though. It's only an internet forum. I'm a fellow red and I love my team just as you do.  

• Upvote 4

I gave an opinion to say that it looks to me that Rodgers is on thin ice because there is a bit of a PR effort going on right now. And I've also said that we need to get the strikers right next season. Since you don't know what that means I'll elaborate: the strikers haven't been right this season. Not enough goals, not enough movement, not enough support, especially when we play one up top. I would have thought these opinions are fairly run of the mill, and the sort of fare even fans who want Rodgers gone can agree with. There's nothing remotely contentious there. 

The one opinion I gave that is very much debatable, given the current climate, is that I think we have the bones of a good team. I stand by that. My view is that we do not need to rip it up and start again. We need to add some quality, not quantity, hopefully to go straight into the first team. Striker, midfielder, right back. Ideally they will be very good players and leaders too.

I agree, I went to the Hawthorns yesterday and your comments are pretty mild compared to what was being said in the stands.

We are looking to consolidate an EL berth now, and a draw and a clean sheet helps that cause. We should have enough to stay ahead of Saints and Spurs.

Three quality players would make all the difference.