You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

I was tempted to say it a few times but now I'm sure that a fit Daniel Sturridge is the best striker in the world.

Aguero is the best finisher but his all round game isn't as good as Daniels, his finishing is as good as Benzemas and his all round game is better, the only thing Suarez has over him is work rate and he doesn't get injured.Harry Redknapp was saying last week you see Sturridge do things that you only see from Messi and Neymar, if he was in that Barca team he'd probably beat the all time record for the amount of goals scored in one season.

No top club sells a talent like that especially when we wont get what he's worth due to his injuries, we won't get someone as good so unless a club wants to break the transfer record a sale shouldn't be considered.

He's worth what someone will pay and with his injury record that wont be a lot in today's terms. Then if you want a player that will turn out for dozen games a season if your'e lucky

then Dan's your Man. I would swap Sturridge in a heartbeat for Lukaku not because at their best he's a better player but without doubt over the course of season there isn't a shadow of a doubt who would offer more. You're a fucking mentalist if you really think Sturridge is the best striker in the world. Possibly one of the stupidest comments ever on here and there have been plenty to choose from.

I misread that post and didn't see it said better ability, obviously heskey is nowhere near Ibrahimovic when it comes to ability.

All I know is I wouldn't swap a fit Sturridge for any other striker, I used to see people say Benzema and others were better then him and I didn't go against that because I only saw highlights but the last couple of seasons I've seen Madrid a lot and Sturridge is definitely the better player.Some players have big reputations but if you watch them closely and compare them to Sturridge I don't see one who is better then him.

He's an incredible natural talent, how many times has he been out for months and he comes straight back in to the team without much training and is the best player on the pitch.You'd think after months of not touching a football it would take him a couple of months to start showing form but he just comes back and it's like he's never been away.

• Upvote 1

The worst thing that could happen is Klopp getting fooled into believing we can rely on him next season.

We need a new number 9 next year, if we go into it reliant on Sturridge, it'll be wrote off just like the last two.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss the Nando Chant at Anfield and i thought we need to find another tune for Daniel Sturrige so why not kill two birds with one stone and adapted it to this 

We bought are Dan 
from Chelsea Man 
Sturrige Sturrige
They said he'd never 
make the grade 
Sturrige Sturrige
But make the grade 
our Danial Did 
by scoring goals 
as defenders hid 
He's Danial Sturrige 
liverpools coolest Kid 

Ends a bit lame but first draft what you think  be gentle now 

I miss the Nando Chant at Anfield and i thought we need to find another tune for Daniel Sturrige so why not kill two birds with one stone and adapted it to this

We bought are Dan

from Chelsea Man

Sturrige Sturrige

They said he'd never

make the grade

Sturrige Sturrige

But make the grade

our Danial Did

by scoring goals

as defenders hid

He's Danial Sturrige

liverpools coolest Kid

Ends a bit lame but first draft what you think be gentle now

Rule number 1. Never put the word Chelsea in any song about any of our players.

Rule number 2. Never try to do a song.

• Upvote 1

Maybe there was something In Sturridges talk about genes. If Glen Johnson got tested. If I was a sportsman i would be hesitant about someone fidgeting with my DNA. If the technology is that advanced clubs could possibly use that information to determine age and length of contract for players. Ignore the Barca are great so it must be working.

When Barcelona meet Arsenal in their Champions League encounter on the 24th of February, the Catalans could be taking to the pitch with a very significant advantage. The defending champions have pioneered the widespread use of DNA analysis for their squad, thus reducing the occurence of injuries, with only Rafinha being absent from the first team.

According to a report in the Daily Mail, Barcelona doctor Ricard Pruna has been busy at work collecting DNA samples to identify a player’s proneness to injury. Matilda Lundblad, a Swedish doctor who is working with Pruna on a research project, said “It is very sci-fi. Doctor Ricard and I are looking at the genes in saliva and finding ways to individualise fitness programmes.” Pruna has been busy swabbing the Barcelona player’s mouths, studying the genetic makeup of Barcelona’s highly tuned performers.

The DNA profile is then used to identify any predilection to muscle injuries, allowing Barcelona’s medical staff to create specialized training regimes for each individual player. It appears that Barcelona’s pioneering use of DNA analysis has paid off, as despite Lionel Messi suffering a two-month injury, the overall occurence has gone down in the 42 games Barcelona have played this season. In stark contrast, Arsenal who have played four less, have endured another injury ravaged season, despite an overhaul of fitness staff in the summer.

DNA testing gradually rising in football Ricard Pruna is focussing on about 45 genes to improve Barcelona’s injury situation, although past testing by other clubs round the world have identified about a 100 genes as indicators to injury likelihood and player performance. In 2011, an unnamed Premier League club asked, Marios Kambouris, then a molecular geneticist at Yale to carry out tests on their players. Kambouris revealed the outcome, saying “I have no idea which players they were but there were good genes in there, things which would positively affect their performance, such as their ability to have better aerobic respiration, which would give them more stamina on the pitch.” DNA testing reveals quite a bit about a player’s injury proneness. For example, mutations in the COL5A1 gene can cause tendons to become loosely supported, thus indicating a tendency for muscle injuries.

Glen Johnson and Bryan Ruiz are two Premier League players to have confirmed their use of DNA testing while at Liverpool and Fulham respectively