You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's your opinion of Brendan Rodgers?

Paco

What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?

• I despise him
    • even when we were playing great last season, I couldn't stand him
    • he deserves as much credit as anyone for last season
    • he was lucky last season
    • I want him out
    • I hold him responsible for our poor signings this season
    • I have always been embarrassed listening to his interviews
    • he's an excellent manager
    • I love him
    • he gets until at least the end of the season
    • defensively he hasn't a clue
    • last season was down to Suarez
    • I don't mind his chat
    • he overachieved last season
    • he's wasted £100m+ and doesn't deserve another penny
    • he needs backing from the board and money for players in January
    • I trust him to turn it around
    • if we return to playing something close to last seasons football I'll give him another season
    • sack him now, install an interim manager and get simeone, klopp or someone in the summer
    • get rafa now
  2. 2. Should Rodgers be sacked immediately?

Got it wrong today starting Lallana over Gerrard, assuming Stevie wouldn't have been quite so hyped up at 0-0 with 90 minutes ahead of him.

He's gotten most things right over the last three months, but today is a big blow in looking for a top four spot.

Got it wrong today starting Lallana over Gerrard, assuming Stevie wouldn't have been quite so hyped up at 0-0 with 90 minutes ahead of him.

He's gotten most things right over the last three months, but today is a big blow in looking for a top four spot.

What had Gerrard done to warrant starting over Lallana?

What had Gerrard done to warrant starting over Lallana?

Nothing. Similarly, there was nothing wrong with the team selection. It wasn't who we played but how we played. Sitting back and absorbing pressure, sending one or two men forward for too long.

Got it wrong today starting Lallana over Gerrard.

Utd's defence is wank. Some pace up front would have seen them shit the bed. Yet he again plays Lallana up top instead of Sterling. Wank. Even I could have chosen better. And I'm shit. Ergo Brendan is shitter.

Utd's defence is wank. Some pace up front would have seen them shit the bed. Yet he again plays Lallana up top instead of Sterling. Wank. Even I could have chosen better. And I'm shit. Ergo Brendan is shitter.

I thought we lacked intensity and aggression more than pace for much of today. The loudest roar today was for Gerrard's first challenge. Things like that set a certain tone, especially at home.

Moreno at left back.  Shudders.....

...with Lovren next to him.

*Shudders, falls to the floor in a heap, starts convulsing and fitting, frothing at the mouth*

How could we have got those 2 signings so wrong? no doubt many more millions will be getting slung at new defenders this summer to try and rectify it.

I wouldn't miss any of our defenders apart from Skrtel and maybe Toure.

Agree totally

Yep, we need to push on from here and go on another unbeaten run through to the end of the season. Even as seems likely we end up fifth we can at least make the top four work for it. An FA Cup wouldn't go amiss either.

There's a risk we could fall away here and end up 7th.

• Upvote 1

For me he's done enough to warrant another season at least and i'm no BR fanboy

He got a few things wrong today and Van Gaal showed his experience.

We have to expect this with BR. He's very inexperienced and will make mistakes but, touch wood, will learn from them. 

Next year we need to be good from the start of the season and improve markedly in Europe if, indeed, we make it

Quite a lot in this fixture over several years. We missed his leadership today.

If we were talking about the Gerrard of several years I might agree with you.

And we only missed his leadership because he got himself sent off within minutes of coming on. Which kind of works against his ability to lead.

And we only missed his leadership because he got himself sent off within minutes of coming on. Which kind of works against his ability to lead.

At least it showed we play better without Lallana on the pitch. Hopefully he'll be back on the bench where he belongs from now on.

What he did was stupid, but it's fair to assume he would have been a little more level headed at 0-0 and with 90 minutes to play.

I thought we were better against Swansea when he came on too.