You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Allen

Gnasher

HA

I hope your not laughing about me saying he's good enough to play for Barca because if you think about it everyone in our first 11 could, the problem would be if a few of them were all playing for Barca at the same time.Allen is the one who would fit in most comfortably and I think Moreno would also do very well for them.Hes shite defensively here but Barca hardly lose the ball and he would be getting a lot of good service.

I hope your not laughing about me saying he's good enough to play for Barca because if you think about it everyone in our first 11 could, the problem would be if a few of them were all playing for Barca at the same time.Allen is the one who would fit in most comfortably and I think Moreno would also do very well for them.Hes shite defensively here but Barca hardly lose the ball and he would be getting a lot of good service.

HAHA

I knew Allen performing for Wales would bring out some vintage JP.

The pass to Ramsey from Allen was very nice.

As was the one by Henderson to Vardy.

Am I allowed to like both of them?  Or do I have to pretend one was shit and the other was ace? 

He would have no problem fitting in the Barca team and I do think he is good enough to play for them, they won't sign him as they go for big names but if he came through their youth team he would be starting for them.

I also agree he would shine in a European league, he won me over against Everton away where he was keeping the ball with ease while the Everton players charged at him.In Spain where he would get time on the ball he would look outstanding, he'll go to Swansea though and lead them to a domestic cup during his time there and will play against LFC and school our midfielders.

Spot on, JP.

• Upvote 2

Spot on, JP.

• Upvote 2

I think he's laughing at all of it, JP. I know I am.

Not at all, I've said for a long time Allen is the perfect player to do the role Xabi used to do for us, he's never had a run of games in that role though and hasn't had a dm playing next to him to cover him like Xabi did.

His style of play is very similar to Xabi but he doesn't have the power in his legs to hit the long range passes Xabi does.Xabi doesn't hit long balls all the time either and generally does what Allen does.Allen has more energy, is better defensively, keeps possession as good as Xabi, is better in tight spaces and can get forward from deep positions.The only things Xabi has over him is the long range passes and he isn't as injury prone.

• Upvote 1