You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rickie Lambert

Gnasher

Don't like. Offers something different, better than Aspas, I respect that. Just looks like a slow old waning unfit English pro to me. We're a champions league team and I don't think you can play him in it. Just my opinion, hope he proves me wrong.

When he plays in a Champ League final for us, albeit for ten minutes, you'll look stupid!

He hasn't done much since he's been here other than give interview after interview about how he's a Liverpool support.

He did nothing wrong when he came on yesterday but that's because he didn't do much of anything.

He still looks over awed and needs to get over it before he becomes a cult hero for who he is rather than what he does.

Agree, there's a touch of the Crouch's* about this whole thing, in the sense that we all hope he does well, rather than actually expect anything.

*Except he is way fatter, clearly.

Can't disagree with Cardie tbh, he has looked decided average and his mobility is a worry for me. I'll qualify that with the fact I think he will do well when needed for us this season. What I can guarantee is he will get the time and patience that some of our other new signings probably deserved.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lucas and Gerrard can't play together to slow I would take the risk and play Can V City

I bet you don't have beans on your fry-up do you, you dirty mouthed bastard?

I said a while back that although Lambert has joined his boyhood club and should be buzzing, he's contending with the higher expectations that exist here together with being involved in international football over the summer for the first time. The whole scenario is very different from what he's used to and he's taking time to adjust because of it.

Who the fuck does major tom think he is?

Cheeky cunt

That sausage off the start of the old grange hill was an offensive bastard. I bet he didnt get into bed with beans though. Man after my own heart that sausage is.

Oh and ricky lambert is a smart signing. Thats aimed at numero and bbb.