You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ebay wankers.

withnail71

Because there are plenty of sellers on Ebay that won't be a mingebag. You basically don't have to put up with.

Well as I don't aspire to spend my life selling jeans on ebay, I think I should clarify that this is the perspective that all my comments have come from on this thread.

You also get free postage on Amazon if you spend a certain, very small amount.

When I last sold on eBay, I only charged postage on the first item, and gave free postage on additional purchases, because it was the same cost to me whether I sold 1 or 5, and I'm not a scalping bastard.

If I ever overcharged on postage, usually because the weight was near a threshold and it fell on the lower side, I always refunded the difference, because I'm not a scalping bastard.

This is how I maintained a seller rating of just below 5 stars for postage charges. eBay typically suspends sellers who fall below 4 stars, which emphasises the importance of maintaining an excellent rating, and helps to protect the public from scalping bastards.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well as I don't aspire to spend my life selling jeans on ebay, I think I should clarify that this is the perspective that all my comments have come from on this thread.

Not entirely sure why you'd have to be a life long jeans seller to take a different view, but ok.

You also get free postage on Amazon if you spend a certain, very small amount.

When I last sold on eBay, I only charged postage on the first item, and gave free postage on additional purchases, because it was the same cost to me whether I sold 1 or 5, and I'm not a scalping bastard.

If I ever overcharged on postage, usually because the weight was near a threshold and it fell on the lower side, I always refunded the difference, because I'm not a scalping bastard.

This is how I maintained a seller rating of just below 5 stars for postage charges. eBay typically suspends sellers who fall below 4 stars, which emphasises the importance of maintaining an excellent rating, and helps to protect the public from scalping bastards.

I have sold 122 items on ebay, with a p+p feedback rating of 4.5/5 stars, so im hardly a scalping bastard. I have 100% feedback based on 525 transactions over 5 years.You have hardly got the moral high ground here SD.

Not entirely sure why you'd have to be a life long jeans seller to take a different view, but ok.

Well I wouldn't offer a refund. He knew the price when he bought them, so fuck him. If he doesn't want to put up with it and wants to go and buy his second hand jeans somewhere else, then that is fine by me.

as if I could even be arsed going to the hassle of refunding someone two fucking quid! Especially not when he is getting on his high horse and issuing girly threats.

• Upvote 1

as if I could even be arsed going to the hassle of refunding someone two fucking quid! Especially not when he is getting on his high horse and issuing girly threats.

The hassle of starting a thread and posting in it for hours constitutes vastly more hassle.

This thread is hilarious.

Withnail. Fuck that dickhead. You've said you might have considered a lesser charge if he wasn't a massive cunt, but he is - so meh. He decided to act the prick so he can't be in total shock if you decide to be one back. What would he actually save? About a quid? Scruffy cunt. Tell him you'll throw it at his house next time your passing.

Strontium Dog. No words. What the Fuck. You are rivalling postage wanker in the dickhead stakes. Go have a fucking wank.

• Upvote 2

Strontium Dog. No words. What the Fuck. You are rivalling postage wanker in the dickhead stakes. Go have a fucking wank.

Just because I hate seeing people get scammed?

Yeah, shut the fuck up.

It is morally wrong to overcharge on postage. If withnail wants to do morally abhorrent things, that is up to him, but I'll still call him out for being a dickwad.

And to think I actually cop criticism for supporting the government! Nick Clegg is a fucking moral paragon compared to the bunch of utter shysters we have here.

Beyond belief!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sorry withnail, you are the cunt here.

Postage is only supposed to cover your costs.

All packages are not the same.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Personally I reckon introducing the bedroom tax is well worth than sticking to the terms of a sale.

• Upvote 1

I can't see why you think it's 'getting scammed'. If I'm buying on ebay I look at the post and packing cost on top of the item cost, and if I think the postage is too high, I don't buy it. I don't even look at the postage cost once I've received it as it doesn't matter to me.

People know what postage they're paying when they bid, so if they think it's too high and still bid, they deserve to get scammed for being thick.

So let me get this, you charge 3.50 to post a pair of jeans.

He buys two pair form the same seller, and doesn't ask if the postage can be combined.

He freely pays the cost of the item AND the postage without question.

After receiving the items, he then realised that he should've asked for a reduction, and tries the strong arm tactic.

FAIL 1

You've sent two pairs, costing you what, about 4.50 to post, some paper of packet that'll average you around 50p, that's a fiver you spent, and got £7 back. After you take Ebay's 10% and then the paypal fees, , you're left with around £6.15 to £6.20.

Wow a profit on postage of £1, that'll cover time and fuel to get there.

An beater you gives anything less than 5 needs to get a grip, as for giving it the big I am, tell him to fuck off and get in the real world.

Invite him to appeal to ebay, they side with you on this one, no worries

People know what postage they're paying when they bid, so if they think it's too high and still bid, they deserve to get scammed for being thick.

People deserve to get scammed for expecting a seller to behave in a fair, reasonable and honourable manner?

And to expect someone to behave in a fair, reasonable and honourable manner constitutes stupidity?