You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First pic of Affleck as Batman...

Special K

I get a bit fed up with people raving about Heath Ledger's joker, I saw someone on another forum saying it was the greatest acting performance of all time, I mean, really? I take it he's never seen On the Waterfront or The Godfather Part II.

From my perspective he just wore lots of make up & licked his lips a lot.

It was much better than you give it credit for, but you're right. It's not an all time great performance or anything. He and Nolan took it in a different direction and did a good job. My point is they need to keep that going and try something different again now. If they just ape the Nolan films they'll end up with barman in the same purgatorial cycle that superman is in.

Considering superman and barman are established characters in the new iteration I'd have liked to see the part go to a slightly older guy again.

And yeah Hamill > all the others.

I get a bit fed up with people raving about Heath Ledger's joker, I saw someone on another forum saying it was the greatest acting performance of all time, I mean, really? I take it he's never seen On the Waterfront or The Godfather Part II.

From my perspective he just wore lots of make up & licked his lips a lot.

As for these new films, I think they take themselves a bit too seriously, I'd rather watch the Christopher Reeve Superman & Michael Keaton Batman myself, mind you I stopped reading the comic books round about then too.

Yeah, well, according to the interwebz, all of Nolans movies are among the best films ever made.

This: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top tells you everything you need to know about the history of motion pictures

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like DC aren't in control of what they're doing in the way that Marvel are. From having Constantine on NBC (likely to be cancelled), Gotham on Fox and even down to having a different Green Arrow and Flash for the movies seems like they're clueless how to tie everything together.

At least Marvel had an excuse for sending their properties to different places in the beginning. Although they're being quite sneaky/spiteful about it now by killing Wolverine and cancelling Fantastic Four (the new movie version sounds incredibly bad).

Yeah, well, according to the interwebz, all of Nolans movies are among the best films ever made.

This: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top tells you everything you need to know about the history of motion pictures

The IMDb top list is a joke. A film shouldn't be eligible for "best ever" status until it's at least 20 years old.

Proper rustles my jimmies.

Edit; I'm aware that no one gives the imbd lists and serious consideration but it's just a pet hate.

It was much better than you give it credit for, but you're right. It's not an all time great performance or anything. He and Nolan took it in a different direction and did a good job. My point is they need to keep that going and try something different again now. If they just ape the Nolan films they'll end up with barman in the same purgatorial cycle that superman is in.

Considering superman and barman are established characters in the new iteration I'd have liked to see the part go to a slightly older guy again.

And yeah Hamill > all the others.

Like this?

drunk-superman.jpeg?4dbf7b

Or

64e741bf25fe5a45e7a2003df27ca911.jpg

• 5 months later...