You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby League Thread.....

old skool tom

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Made a good start. Despite where I’m from, I’m not the biggest fan. Enjoy watching Trinity when they’re on though and always nice if they can beat Leeds. 

Great start. 

Glad rugby's back, needs the fans though. Its on its arse.

Just now, Elite said:

Great start. 

Glad rugby's back, needs the fans though. Its on its arse.

Absolutely, although Trinity have pretty much been on their arse as long as I’ve been alive.  

Alan Hunt one of yours back in the day? I knew his sister reasonably well. The family frequent the same cricket club as me although they don’t drink as much. 

13 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Absolutely, although Trinity have pretty much been on their arse as long as I’ve been alive.  

Alan Hunt one of yours back in the day? I knew his sister reasonably well. The family frequent the same cricket club as me although they don’t drink as much. 

Yeah, I was only quite young when he played but remember him on the wing, good player.

Fell to bits Wakefield here.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah, I was only quite young when he played but remember him on the wing, good player.

Fell to bits Wakefield here.

My mate informs me that Trinity will still win. He’s about as partisan as it gets though. Lives for Wakefield. Good game though. 

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

My mate informs me that Trinity will still win. He’s about as partisan as it gets though. Lives for Wakefield. Good game though. 

Its a good game, would fancy Leeds now but still to play for.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Elite said:

Challenge Cup final on BBC 1 kicking off at 3pm. Saints are favourites (hopefully we win as we've haven't won the challenge cup in years) but Castleford are more than capable of causing an upset. Should be a good game.

Rarely straight forward in a final for Saints. 

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Challenge Cup final on BBC 1 kicking off at 3pm. Saints are favourites (hopefully we win as we've haven't won the challenge cup in years) but Castleford are more than capable of causing an upset. Should be a good game.

I’d like to see Castleford win. Not too far away from me. A shit hole but with a puzzling amount of fit women. 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’d like to see Castleford win. Not too far away from me. A shit hole but with a puzzling amount of fit women. 

Castleford deserve a trophy to be fair, they've always done well but fell short when it matters. That said, I hope we twat them!

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Castleford deserve a trophy to be fair, they've always done well but fell short when it matters. That said, I hope we twat them!

Yes, I think I’ve said before Trinity are my team but I’m not the biggest RL fan. I’ve nothing against Saints but I know a few good lads who are passionate Cas fans so it’ll be nice for them to win something for the first time in a long while. 

Enjoy the game. I’ll be at my local cricket club but I’m sure it will be on in the clubhouse so will catch a bit of it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, I think I’ve said before Trinity are my team but I’m not the biggest RL fan. I’ve nothing against Saints but I know a few good lads who are passionate Cas fans so it’ll be nice for them to win something for the first time in a long while. 

Enjoy the game. I’ll be at my local cricket club but I’m sure it will be on in the clubhouse so will catch a bit of it. 

I've just got my mate around, a few beers and plenty of expletives. I'd have gone into St. Helens for it but don't see the point considering how shit things currently are. Not worth it.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've just got my mate around, a few beers and plenty of expletives. I'd have gone into St. Helens for it but don't see the point considering how shit and punchy st helens is for going out. Not worth it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hmm sure he's a Wigan lad you know.... I might be wrong 

He played for Blackbrook which is a St. Helens amateur club, either way he's a massive talent. Going to be one of the best players in the league in a few seasons.

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

He played for Blackbrook which is a St. Helens amateur club, either way he's a massive talent. Going to be one of the best players in the league in a few seasons.

Reminds me of Wellens a bit. Desire