You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

5 hours ago, Code said:

Five seasons in the PL for the club, reached 20 league goals in four if them, in the other season he scored 19. 

7944DC8C-EF19-41DA-BA10-AFB15449CD2C.jpeg

Without question, the best thing about reading the crazy justifications that people have been posting is thinking of how utterly indignant you’d be reading it all. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

He's not gonna sign is he. No idea if that's down to him, the club or his shithouse agent but if he was going to sign he already would have. 

As someone else said, rumours are we've offered him a deal where he'll become the highest paid player in the league. If he's not happy with that, what more can we do. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

He's not gonna sign is he. No idea if that's down to him, the club or his shithouse agent but if he was going to sign he already would have. 

Not necessarily. Even if they can negotiate an extra £10k a week then that’s £2.5m extra over the course of the new contract. So there’s a lot to play for. 

Having said all that, I think we’re at the problem part of contract negotiations where the agent is gobbing off to the press and I just don’t see that ending well. I think Salah is done now and he’s playing his last season for us. 

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

As someone else said, rumours are we've offered him a deal where he'll become the highest paid player in the league. If he's not happy with that, what more can we do. 

Ronaldo is on £500k a week isn’t he? I can’t imagine we’ve offered more that that?  And I’d certainly imagine Salah would sign if we had?

BBC reporting this morning (via Football Insider) that Mo would prefer to stay in the Premier League if he can’t agree a new contract with us.
Sounds like agent speak to me, ramping it up by threatening he’ll go to either City or United (unless Chelsea get cleared to spend again, and they have previous for buying back players for big bucks). 
Still think PSG or Madrid most likely if there’s no agreement.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Not necessarily. Even if they can negotiate an extra £10k a week then that’s £2.5m extra over the course of the new contract. So there’s a lot to play for. 

Having said all that, I think we’re at the problem part of contract negotiations where the agent is gobbing off to the press and I just don’t see that ending well. I think Salah is done now and he’s playing his last season for us. 

Ronaldo is on £500k a week isn’t he? I can’t imagine we’ve offered more that that?  And I’d certainly imagine Salah would sign if we had?

I mean these figures, they really are obscene, we are about to enter the worst economic period in generations, people are going to struggle and even die as a result of the horrendous poverty that’s coming our way and these sums are being paid for somebody to kick a ball around. It’s genuinely bewildering when you think about it.I know the obscenity is not restricted to football but it has to make you stop and think. Sign, don’t sign, it doesn’t really matter in the scheme of things.

• Upvote 7

If Mo does leave, it will be interesting to watch when he realises that he doesn’t have the same full backs providing such outstanding service to him.

Not that he relies just on that, he’s a world class player capable of scoring goals out of nothing. Most of the time though, he is on the end of great football from this team and he won’t necessarily get that elsewhere.

Careful what you wish for Mo (just sign a contract so I can give you a cuddle and love you all over again).

• Upvote 6

Thought it was a bit harsh for Klopp to be berating him for not passing yesterday.

It was one of those moments where the other forward looks in a great position a second after the play has broken down, due to them running on a yard or two. Roll it back though, and at the moment Salah slows down and has a decision to make, Diaz wasn't really open.

Guess he could have cut back and looked for him, but the defender did well keeping him on his left in the end.

Klopp did it to Henderson and Diaz as well.  One of those games and not isolated to just Mo.

On his contract if some mad fucks offer £600k a week probably doubling our offer I can't begrudge him accepting something like that.  Absolute mental money even though what he's currently on is as well.

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

If Mo does leave, it will be interesting to watch when he realises that he doesn’t have the same full backs providing such outstanding service to him.

Not that he relies just on that, he’s a world class player capable of scoring goals out of nothing. Most of the time though, he is on the end of great football from this team and he won’t necessarily get that elsewhere.

Careful what you wish for Mo (just sign a contract so I can give you a cuddle and love you all over again).

Absolutely, all this talk of him being our 'star player' just shows that people haven't really being paying attention to how we play. 

Between Salah and Firmino this season they have scored 30 goals from open play.  Yes it's weighted more towards Salah, but I think we were already contemplating a Firmino replacement next season.  So, roughly 15+ goals (from open play) from those two positions is our requirement. With a budget of £200m, dependant on sales.  

Diaz just showed what we can do with £40m. 

Personally, I get frustrated with Salah more than I used to.  He doesn't produce much on the outside of a defender, it's all about cutting inside and trying to shoot or pass, often he's drifting into traffic. 

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

It stinks of the Owen situation in 2004, and I think it will end the same way. At least this time we should get a half decent fee, and no Toni Nunez!

49 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Thought it was a bit harsh for Klopp to be berating him for not passing yesterday.

It was one of those moments where the other forward looks in a great position a second after the play has broken down, due to them running on a yard or two. Roll it back though, and at the moment Salah slows down and has a decision to make, Diaz wasn't really open.

Guess he could have cut back and looked for him, but the defender did well keeping him on his left in the end.

I think it was partly built up frustration for Klopp, it had happened a few times when a player took a shot on themselves instead of squaring it to someone in a better position. 

I wouldn't read too much into it, there's going to be some fine margins in this title race potentially even goal difference so every opportunity to put the ball in the net counts and Jurgen wants the best out of them. 

Would like to keep him obviously but I've got complete faith in our ability to carry on without him, we've got brilliant form for buying attackers now, we've probably known who Sallah's replacement would be for the last two years at least.

The talk of him going to another Premier League club is annoying and hopefully just agents turning the screw, because that would really damage his legacy here.  

• Upvote 1

I was confident Mo would sign a new contract but the more that gobshite agent puts out on social media, the more I think his agent isnt budging on negotiations. He wants Mo on 'x' a week so he can get his grubby hands on more for himself. And Mo seems ok with that because the agent keeps putting stuff out dissing the best manager and club Mo has ever had.

As I said elsewhere, Mo did the Alonso thing after he scored against Norwich or Leeds in front of the Kop recently. That made me start doubting he sees himself here probably beyond the end of this season more likely next.

Love Mo to stay but no one is bigger than the club.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Did Klopp berate him for it, or was that just the commentator's interpretation? Bloke on MOTD suggested Klopp was going mad because Mo was fouled.

30 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I was confident Mo would sign a new contract but the more that gobshite agent puts out on social media, the more I think his agent isnt budging on negotiations. He wants Mo on 'x' a week so he can get his grubby hands on more for himself. And Mo seems ok with that because the agent keeps putting stuff out dissing the best manager and club Mo has ever had.

As I said elsewhere, Mo did the Alonso thing after he scored against Norwich or Leeds in front of the Kop recently. That made me start doubting he sees himself here probably beyond the end of this season more likely next.

Love Mo to stay but no one is bigger than the club.

I dunno if it's a money thing or length thing with being 29. 

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did Klopp berate him for it, or was that just the commentator's interpretation? Bloke on MOTD suggested Klopp was going mad because Mo was fouled.

On second viewing that was my take too. 

3 hours ago, Code said:

Five more goals in the last 10 games? You would think so. 

67E64444-5494-4DE1-9782-D7FB97290A83.png

5282E280-0B84-446A-8460-EEFCF3F1E1AA.jpeg

Have you not read the last 3 pages?

Salah is a money grabbing cunt, that we can easily replace, when him and his agent rock up to Man City having a good laugh.

The two faced turncoat twat that he is.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brownie said:

Salah does not rely on the service from either Trent or Robbo as this stat show.

He’s often on the end of things, but he almost never score tap ins and he is not the player on the end of crosses from the fullbacks. 

5C76D767-21C5-41F1-BF5C-F392B82F0690.jpeg