You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Absolutely, all this talk of him being our 'star player' just shows that people haven't really being paying attention to how we play. 

Between Salah and Firmino this season they have scored 30 goals from open play.  Yes it's weighted more towards Salah, but I think we were already contemplating a Firmino replacement next season.  So, roughly 15+ goals (from open play) from those two positions is our requirement. With a budget of £200m, dependant on sales.  

Diaz just showed what we can do with £40m. 

Personally, I get frustrated with Salah more than I used to.  He doesn't produce much on the outside of a defender, it's all about cutting inside and trying to shoot or pass, often he's drifting into traffic. 

If you agree with it, the question is, have you?

18 minutes ago, Code said:

Salah does not rely on the service from either Trent or Robbo as this stat show.

He’s often on the end of things, but he almost never score tap ins and he is not the player on the end of crosses from the fullbacks. 

5C76D767-21C5-41F1-BF5C-F392B82F0690.jpeg

Im not sure about that, someone has to feed him the ball and Mo is undoubtedly our main man. Mo goes elsewhere and is he guaranteed to be that or the team's penalty taker at any other club? Are the other players at say, Real, PSG going to try pick him out rather than Mbappe, Benzeman or someone else?

It isn't looking great is it....

Have to be concerned that Salah has not signed a contract extension 6 months after saying the ball is in the clubs court and he wanted to stay.

Klopp came out this week and said it is pretty much up to Salah, and his agent replied with a load of laughing emojis....

Not looking great for him staying.

Mrs O'T thinks I'm a terrible person because she asked me whether I'd be more concerned if our kitten or Mo Salah broke a leg... and I didn't get my lie in quick enough.

Obviously, I love the cat and I don't want him to break a leg; it's just that he'd still have three good ones if he did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

It isn't looking great is it....

Have to be concerned that Salah has not signed a contract extension 6 months after saying the ball is in the clubs court and he wanted to stay.

Klopp came out this week and said it is pretty much up to Salah, and his agent replied with a load of laughing emojis....

Not looking great for him staying.

They always say that though, McManaman was the prototype for that bollocks. Barca have probably been in his agent's ear and they went an exit strategy which blames the club, seen it all before. That being said, I wouldn't begrudge the lad one big payday abroad.

I have faith that he will stay, I believe in him as a person and how he conducts himself when representing the club, his family and his religion, however, and casting my mind back some years to when that treacherous twat Torres broke so many a grown mans heart, I'm made of sturdier stuff nowadays - no more titty lips from me.

Sure we all want him to stay, we'd be fools if we didn't and I'm 100% sure the club do as well, but, and there is always a but, if the club work on a set pay structure and if they believe that, that structure and processes which has brought us success and what we have in place, are what matters most, then so be it. And I for one shall not be sobbing like my favourite pony has died, this time around. Well, not in public anyway. 

43 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Any news on the injury he picked up yesterday?

Heard nothing, but it was strange as it came immediately after or when he took the pen. You could see him hobbling when he ran back and holding his left knee area. I reckon Mane had a jealousy dig at him. 

Salah’s goals and assists this season in the league.

Norwich: Scored 1 goal, no assists registered, had assists to Jota and Firmino.

Chelsea: Scored 1 goal, penalty

Leeds: Scored 1 goal, assist from Trent.

Crystal P:  Scored 1 goal, assist from Van Dijk

Brentford: Scored 1 goal, assist from Fabinho

Man City: Scored 1 goal, assist from Jones, had assist to Mane.

Watford: Scored 1 goal, assist from Firmino, had assist to Mane.

Man Utd: Scored 3 goals, assist from Keita and Jota and one without, had assist to Keita

Brighton: Had one assist for Henderson

West Ham: Had one assist for Trent.

Arsenal: Scored 1 goal, assist from Mane.

Southampton: Had one assist for Jota

Everton: Scored 2 goals, one assist from Henderson, and one without.

Wolves: Had one assist for Origi.

Aston Villa: Scored 1 goal, penalty.

Newcastle: Scored 1 goal, no assist registered.

Chelsea: Scored 1 goal, assist from Trent. 
Norwich: Scored 1 goal, assist from Alisson.

Leeds: Scored 2 goals, both penalties, had assist to Matip.

Brighton: Scored 1 goal, penalty.

So to sum it up, Salah has scored 20 goals in the league so far.

He’s scored 5 penalties.

He’s scored 4 goals with no assists registered.

He’s scored 2 goals with assists from Trent

He’s scored 9 goals with one assist each from Mane, Jota, Firmino, Hendo, Keita, Jones, Fabinho, Van Dijk and Alisson.

He’s given 10 assist in the league so far. 

2 assists to Mane.

2 assists to Jota.

1 assist to Firmino.

1 assist to Hendo.

1 assist to Keita.

1 assist to Trent.

1 assist to Origi.

1 assist to Matip.

I'd be more than happy to sacrifice any signings for the next two windows if it meant we could extend MO's contract.  But the arrivals of Jota and Diaz have altered the perspective a little bit as his departure wouldn't be as devastating as it would otherwise have been.  

• Upvote 2

If he decides that the grass is greener somewhere else then that's fine but be careful what you wish for Mo lad  the lessons of Coutinho and Gini are there for all to learn from and to a lesser extent Can of course. 

If he does move on then hopefully it's  this Summer and  not drag it out for another 12 months because the atmosphere around him will get very toxic very quickly .

I honestly thought he would sign a new deal here but the longer this impasse carries then that becomes less and less likely,  he would if he signs a new deal have a chance of writing himself into Anfield folklore .

I think Klopp and the recruitment team will have a plan for when /if he leaves and judging our recruitment over the last few years I'm in no doubt they will get it right .

• Upvote 2

Dave was totally spot on in his diary. His agent works for him and the guy is having fun of Klopp on social media. What does this tell you about Mo ? Absolute class player but you cannot accept v they kind of behavior. He’s playing for one of the three best team I’m the world right now, he gets lots of money, more than he and his  kids need for years. But he wants more ? What for ? Let him go and ruin his career in Paris. Or let him go to Real where he will have to live in the shadow of M’Bappé. 

• Upvote 1