You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Third of the Season Gone...

AngryOfTuebrook

Care to name a few top managers we approached Russ? I remember that Van Gaal wanted the job and they wanted him as a Director of Football to mentor Rodgers or Martinez, something neither of them wanted nor did Van Gaal.

Klopp, de Boer, Capello, Villas-Boas that were mentioned around the time of interviews.

being in 4th place is great considering were 1/3 way along and we havent really played that well this season yet.

if we can recapture our form/results of last seasons final 2 thirds we'll be laughin......i just cant see it though as our center mid has completely fucking imploded and the lack of pace/productivity without Danny boy is gonna cost us big time

I know its a long shot but but Maybe Ibe could be given a go and do a job for us?

whats happened to Ibe by the way?

I've read this 'lucky' tag more than once over the past few days. I don't get it.

Today - Hull's first goal took just about the jammiest deflection you could wish to see. The 3rd was just horrendous luck to hit Skrtel like that. 8 times out of 10 that would have not gone in.

Last week - Mirallas should have had 5 yellow cards before he supplied the 3rd goal for Lukaku. Were we lucky then too?

Arsenal a few weeks back - Cazorla happened to run into the space where his header rebounded off the post. A great finish but fuck me you've rubbed a rabbits foot a few times to get the ball to land like that.

And we have been lucky?

Fuck off with that shite. We've had more than our fair share of unfortunate incidents lately.

Everton battered us last week in the second half. Today the worst team in the league out played us and out fought us and had more desire to win the game than we did. Arsenal made a mockery of us. 

The team look devoid of ideas and a midfield, Rodgers and I have supported him since the start appears clueless how to change a game around. He seems very comfy in his role as the boss in interviews etc but he has a plan a and a plan a and a plan a. Johnson has been awol for two matches as about as useful a prostitute in a eunichs retirement home. Flanagan got torn another arsehole today so much for the boy wonder. Stevie dosent seem to fit in at the moment and as for Henderson he is playing in a midfield role yet to be created.

There is no cohesion at all in the team especially the midfield. We looked good in some earlier games but I think teams have spotted just how easy it is to find a path through us on either wing or straight down the middle.

We got away with it far longer than we should off but now weve been found out. I have to put todays performance down as one of the most lackluster clueless gutless performances I have seen for many a season including owlfaces reign here ever. 

About where I expected, on target to finish 6th or 7th again. At the end of December our status as Europa League hopefuls will be confirmed.

We haven't been good for 4 seasons. We never replaced Alonso and decided one of the best attacking midfielders on the planet should play as an auxiliary centre back. We have the best player in the league and surround him with the likes of Henderson, Sterling, and previously, Downing. There's no vision or logic behind our construction of the team and transfers. The manager changes his tactics every week, the owners change their strategy every few months. One step forward, three steps backward, it's the new Liverpool Way.

• Upvote 4

If you complain when we win, you're told to shut up we just won.  Complain after a defeat and it's kneejerk.

We've only really performed well in a handful of games this season and the summer transfers look like a scattergun approach that has barely improved the team.

We built up a nice amount of points despite not playing well but that can very quickly amount jack over the next month.

• Upvote 1

Have always felt 5th or 6th is where we'll most likely finish. I think the top 4 will be some combo of Arsenal, City, Chelsea, and United but I have no idea of the order, just too fluid this year. Would be very surprised to see Arsenal finish on top unless they make another massive signing in Jan.

No longer convinced we'll finish ahead of Everton.

hull fully exposed our limitations today and reinforced my doubts as soon as i saw our team sheet, get rid of henderson he contributes nothing and skyrtl makes too many mistakes.

Something needs to be done quick as I have felt for a while somebody is really going to go to town on  us. It s going to happen and soon a 5 or 6 nil defeat has looked possible for a while now and we have got away up to now.

This is the first time I have really complained since rodgers took over. But that defeat to hull

2 unlucky own goals or not , dosent take away just how uninspired lambs to the slaughter by the shitiest of the shitiest whipping boys of the league done on us today

One of the most abject performances ive seen in 40 years.

Disgusted with them today and embarrassed to be associated with supporting them.

...what are your predictions for the top and bottom?

I think the top 6 are going to be pretty close, but I see it finishing

1. Chelsea  - Strong squad and competent manager

2. Man City - By the force of sheer firepower

3. Arsenal  -  Despite an inevitable midwinter blip

4. Liverpool - Recovering from a horrible December

5. Man Utd - The Chosen One!

6. Spurs - Money well spent

The relegated three will be

- Crystal Palace

- Norwich City

- Hull City (beating Liverpool is not necessarily a sign of being any good!)

1. Chelsea

2. Arsenal

3. Man. City

4. Man. United

5. Everton (Providing they don't sell Baines in January)

6/7. Liverpool/Tottenham

18. Sunderland

19. Cardiff - I can see that whopper Vincent Tan shitting himself, sacking Mackay and replacing him with someone awful.

20. Crystal Palace - I can't see them giving Pulis enough money in January to turn things around.

Why does Henderson always get blamed?

We have 2 CB's that go for same ball and fail, leading to goals (Everton 1st and Hulls 2nd).

Lucas plays the safe balls far too often.

Gerrard, far too deep.

Flanagan, a solid LB but we need fullbacks to be running up and down the whole length of the field.

Johnson. no words.

Moses "give me more games and Ill score 10 goals+" erm, no?

Sterling. another shite performance.

We never replaced Alonso or Masch, both have been gone for over 3 years.

Why do we play 4 at the back with Lucas & Gerrard vs Hull? - before a ball is kicked we know 7 of our first 11 wont get near their box in open play.

Call it knee jerk but yesterday was a fucking disgrace and can only hope they have their asses handed to them by BR and turn the next two home games into 6 points as with Spurs, City and Chelsea away coming up, we could be gone by the time we play Hull in the new year.

• Upvote 2

Henderson isn't having much of a positive impact on the team where he is currently being played, and neither is Gerrard. Swap them. They'll both play better, and in turn make Lucas' job easier.

None of them are poor players, and in Gerrard we have a player who still has exceptional talent. However, he's 33, and needs to be given the best chance to display that talent. Rodgers isn't doing that.

• Upvote 2

I can totally understand why BR choose to play Henderson at the tip of the midfield, he is the only one with the ability to run box to box in the team.

By playing Gerrard there, the team is almost defending with 1 less man and with our current defensive record, I don't think BR wants to try that.

In order for Gerrard to be further forward. Henderson has to do a much better job at intercepting pass and covering the defence along with Lucas, to allow Gerrard less defensive duty. But to be honest, neither of them is doing it well,