You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Does Rodgers deserve another season?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
First of all why are you here and not in the "Reina-Barca" topic telling everyone you don't get why people want to keep him and stuff. I can give you the answer, because you are stupid. Then fabricate arguments to support your silly views.

Why is it that the crazies go straight for the 'you're stupid' line? You should read through what you've written, because it makes no sense. Not to worry, Code'll be along soon and he'll vote the same way as you. You geniuses stick together.

Genuinely still unsure of his overall ability. Every time expectations have been on the rise we've choked. It's not a new problem but it is the main problem and I'm still unconvinced that an inexperienced coach is the ideal candidate to solve this particular, long standing equation.

We look set for another year of transition with changes made to the defence.

We'll see another summer of people getting carried away, one way or another.

I'd actually like this thread deleted in case Rodgers ever sees it.

This club has a rich tradition in recent years of self destructing.

I hope we offer him a 5 year deal next week, I like him a lot and we've got a lot to be positive about, and I'm looking forward to Allen and Borini making people choke on the hysterical criticism they have received.

Rodgers has rebuilt our attack, and the goals have flowed.

Lets see what he does with the defence.

I don't think he's forcing anything tactically, he's asking players to do basic things with the ball and then get into the right positions, he's not asking us to play a sweeper system or anything radical.

He's been trying to get the best out of these players, and they've let themselves down in some cases, but they've failed at the basics at times, like marking a man or trapping a fucking ball.

He's not rebalanced the squad, he's just seen a few of them try harder, like Henderson and Downing.

He's been actively trying to get rid of physical players suited for a more direct game plan than he prefers which has left us with one playing style and made us incapable of changing things when games scream out for a plan B. Buying players that fits his image but doesn't necessarily improve our squad. This criticism stems from last summer. In janary he did much better.

If this can not be described as rebalancing the squad to suit his own tactical preferences then im not quite sure what does. Spending 12m to swap adam for allen is a clear example. Not much between them in terms quality level, but different skill sets

To claim that all he's done is ask them to do basic things you are no longer discussing matters of tactic, just ability. Then its just down to whether you believe players like hendo and downing have improved thanks to our playing style or natural progression and settling in. I think it's the latter.

Think the season on paper has been not that good, however we've finished it very well and anyone who says they can't see an improvement in playing style isn't talking correct. I had to think about it but yeah, vote yes, a young manager, in reality we have to give him another season. I am more optimistic with him than not long back and I truly hope we may have a manager in Brendan who can finally put mine (and others) Rafa thing to bed. But time will see.

So far the total voters include, 3 Liverpool fans and 56 mancs who want us to have another mid-table, trophyless, "Europe-less" season.

No, seriously, I wanted to vote yes like all the rest, but the cable of my mouse got stuck and I voted no.

No point in sacking him really, but I've got to admit. I haven't warmed to him one bit

He talks far too much. Has stupid little anecdotes prepared in advance of his interviews. I just don't think he's very good at his job.

I probably sound like I'm contradicting myself seeing as I don't rate him, but won't sack him. I just don't see the point in sacking him just to replace him with some other eejit

I've been waiting for the end of season to give my considered opinion :P Should he be given more time or should he be hoyed? I've always said wait to the end of the season. Well, its here now so what's the verdict?

He's not my cup of tea. If I was running the club, I wouldnt have picked him to be manager. I dont think he'll take us back to the top and I dont see either a master technician or an inspirational motivator of (young) men when I consider his qualities.

The club's owner looks determined to follow a policy of only signing players under a certain age and only paying wages commensurate for young players. The owner says exceptions will be made if a player over 24 is identified and fulfills a need within the club.

Yeah, ok, believe that if you will. I dont.

I dont think we'll see the signing of a player or players like Suarez again for a good few years. So the manager's hands are tied. He'll be expected to develop a team based on the purchase of young players or players who come through the ranks.

I honestly dont see what benefit we'd get from sacking the manager. They'd only replace him, like for like near as damn it. You can forget about enticing Jurgen Klopp et al any time soon to Anfield.

Any new manager wont be presented with the ability to sign numerous players over and above that determined by the club's current policy. He'd have to make do with young players as the current manager appears to have to do.

So, I think we stick with it, see who goes and who comes in during the summer window. If our target next season isnt first, it must not be lower than 4th.

I think that is going to be a massive ask because you can place the two manchester club and chelshit in any order you want for the top 3 PL places. That leaves us fighting arse and spurs at least for 4th spot.

So, status quo maintained for the time being. Just my opinion though.

I've got no issues with the youth policy. In fact I prefer it. Particularly when the alternative has been signing older players who have saddled this club with exhorbitant wages, while doing SFA.

And Suarez was 23 when he was signed. We may not sign a player like Suarez for a few years, because players like Suarez aren't exactly plentiful, or easy to find before they demand ridiculous transfer fees, but we won't be prevented from signing players like him due to a youth policy. Hell we just signed one who has the potential to have as much impact in Coutinho. Sturridge is no chopped liver either, and both fit the youth policy. When you consider the cumulative cost, Coutinho and Sturridge are the best signings we've made for a long time. The last player we signed with genuine world class potential/ability for under 20 mill would probably have been Alonso.

As for Rodgers I think the point is, who are we going to sign that is better? This was not a Champions League level squad, yet we scored 71 goals, conceding a reasonable 43. There are very few managers out there that likely do much better with this team.

Edited by Dundalis

He's slowly winning me over, but I don't think he DESERVES a second season. He almost definitely will get one though.

I do wish he'd shut the fuck up though sometimes.

He really reminds me of Woy with some of the shit he comes out with.

The summer transfers will decide it. If he goes back to signing ex Swansea players, the likes of Vorm, Williams and Scott Sinclair, then I think we have no chance and will continue to flounder around in seventh place.

He has a real job on his hands replacing Caragher and possibly Reina, this is crucial and may well decide his fate.

Very disappointed with this season. I feel a managers job is to get the best out of the players at his disposal and not to force his own tactical preferences onto the team. Which is where i feel he have gone wrong. Still, having now rebalanced the squad to suit Rodgers style it would be foolish to not give him another season. I do believe it will get sour rather early next season if he doesn't get results though.

Then you feel wrong

It is the managers job to have a vision and a plan, if they players here arent capable then get rid and find ones who suit his plan better

It only fucks up when the plan is wrong

Rodgers has the right plan, he doesnt deserve "1 more season" he deserves atleast another 2-3

Was it Nightcunt, by any chance?

Just in case you were unsure.....

Democracy clicked the button of my mouse. Did you hear that ? DEMOCRACY. First of all why are you here and not in the "Reina-Barca" topic telling everyone you don't get why people want to keep him and stuff. I can give you the answer, because you are stupid. Then fabricate arguments to support your silly views.

aaaraghghg aaaaargggh I'm so angry AAAAARGGHHH

Here's how much of a thick cunt he really is

The whole club looks like a bunch of macaroons for hiring him anyway - probably best to bring in someone new.

I am gonna go back to my original wish list;

Boss accent

Some sort of snood for winter aways.

New manager every season? Are we turning into Chelsea or something?

I'd actually like this thread deleted in case Rodgers ever sees it.

This club has a rich tradition in recent years of self destructing.

I hope we offer him a 5 year deal next week, I like him a lot and we've got a lot to be positive about, and I'm looking forward to Allen and Borini making people choke on the hysterical criticism they have received.

Rodgers has rebuilt our attack, and the goals have flowed.

Lets see what he does with the defence.

Well said

The person who started the thread needs a slap

Why people can't see the talent of our manager? Its laughable. In 1 season he has changed so much but people are still too thick to see it.

Or they just wanted/expected him to fail so it skews their ability to see what he is building here

When we win the league under him A LOT of fans on here are going to look very stupid indeed

I do wish he'd shut the fuck up though sometimes.

He really reminds me of Woy with some of the shit he comes out with.

This from a man who chose to name him self after a games console from the 1980's

We see your level

I'd rather listen to Rodgers talk and have you shut the fuck up

Ta

*gets naked*

Let's come together Right now, oh yeah In sweet harmony

Make the world Your priority Try to live your life Ecologically

Play a part In a greater scheme Try to live the dream On a wider scene

Oh yeah Oh yeah Oh yeah

This from a man who chose to name him self after a games console from the 1980's

We see your level

I'd rather listen to Rodgers talk and have you shut the fuck up

Ta

The Mega drive wasn't actually released until the 90's in Europe, and is associated as more of a 90's product than 80's generally.

Not sure what my username suggests other than I'm more creative than you?

It's a lot better than a miss spelling of jisms.

Perhaps I was being a bit harsh on Rodgers, but it annoys me that he spends so much time talking absolute drivel, and it's completely unnecessary. I think it's clear that one of the main things FSG saw in him was his 'PR' ability and spin.

All this talk of this season being a learning curve irritates me too.

This implies that he wasn't ready and In my opinion he wasn't. This job came far too soon for him, he should have stayed at Swansea and pushed them on the way that Laudrup has.

He is here now though and he will be here next season. His excuses won't wash though if we don't hit the ground running next year.

Edited by MegadriveMan