You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Does Rodgers deserve another season?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If you ever happen to, can you improve your English first?

He's Bob Marley, leave him alone!

Old pirates, yes, they rob I;

Sold I to the merchant ships,

Minutes after they took I

From the bottomless pit.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rhetorical questions should always have question marks. Otherwise they're not questions.

Should they, though. I think they should?

Major Bumtrump, sadly, I'm not able to do that quite yet. I'll have to console myself by pondering on the decline in IQ amongst our callow youth, of which you are an exemplar.

You're a hell of a role model, Stringy, with all your name calling. Your grandkids must be proud. You can even use the internet and everything.

'World's Best Granddad', says your Horlicks mug.

Right, I'm out of this thread!

Since Coutinho has started games we have 25 points in 12 games, scoring 27 and conceding 9. Of course he deserves another year.

Whats more important a manager who can spot a player or a tactician. I think where we are next season depends entirely who on we sign this summer. This is where Rodgers needs to show his worth.

Of course he deserves another season. But, we really need a decent pre-season and get off to a flier. We were 13 points behind Chelsea after 7 games, and seeing we finished 14 points behind them at the end of the season, it means that if we can start properly, then top 4 is certainly achievable.

I'd love to see some examples of all this embarrassing drivel Rodgers is supposed to be coming out with. Since people's main criticism of him is 'he talks too much'. I don't get what you expect of him, he has to talk to journalists in pre and post match press conferences. It's part of his job.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'd love to see some examples of all this embarrassing drivel Rodgers is supposed to be coming out with. Since people's main criticism of him is 'he talks too much'. I don't get what you expect of him' date=' he has to talk to journalists in pre and post match press conferences. It's part of his job.[/quote']

I think he handles the media brilliantly. Maybe people prefer being combative with them. In my opinion, he speaks very well.

I think he handles the media brilliantly. Maybe people prefer being combative with them. In my opinion, he speaks very well.

I agree. Most journalists are arrogant pricks but that doesn't mean it's beneficial to treat them with disdain. Especially when they mould public perception. Look at the way they went to town on Kenny and the club last season, I don't think that would have been half as bad if Kenny was civil with the media. He treated them like cunts, which many would say is what they deserve, but it came back to bite him in the arse.

I think the question is too broad for the narrow set of answers listed.

I don't think he "deserved" to be on the shortlist, interviewed or offered the job in the first place. I also think this season has been an astonishing failure; by far the worst of this century and it's totally unacceptable that it was effectively over on January 27th, or actually over on February 21st. I don't think Rodgers has done a bad job, particularly after being shanghaied by the owners throughout the summer - but having said that, I don't think he's doing a good job either, and I have no faith in his ability to deliver what I consider success in the long term.

That said, there is obviously a wider context. If one takes the club's rhetoric at face value - and for the sake of argument, I will, here - this season is part of an incremental process. There is also the established principle of giving the Liverpool manager time to adequately shape the team, unless his tenure has proved a disaster and Rodgers is far from that. In fact, in terms of shaping the team, I have been largely impressed with how he's had the players adapt, the way he's modified his initial plans and the work he has done in the transfer market is as good as we've had in over 5 years.

Any discussion of the manager's future also has to take into account what happens next, if you do get rid of him, as the best interests of the club are what we're all concerned with. From that prospective, I would be very worried about removing Rodgers, despite my indifference to him. After sacking one of the most highly decorated managers in the history of British football last season, our selection process yielded two candidates; one is the manager I don't think should have been given the job and the other just got relegated from the league. To me, it is flatly inconceivable that the criteria used to determine that Rodgers and Martinez were the right choice, had their managerial ability as the most important factor. To that end, who FSG may pick as Rodgers' successor is cause for genuine alarm. We would just be restarting the process with the manager drawing ire, while the people with real power - who our captain publicly condemned last night, by the way - escaped criticism thanks to the domestic façade they've created.

Never above 7th in the league during the full season.

One exciting game all season where we could hope to achieve something and we obviously failed.

Out of all cups early.

He has underachieved badly and does not deserve another season as I'm not one to reward mediocrity.

He will get another season though and hopefully it will be better than the abomination of one we have just had.

If we lose any of our important players we are fucked and another season in the wilderness awaits.

Never above 7th in the league during the full season.

One exciting game all season where we could hope to achieve something and we obviously failed.

Out of all cups early.

He has underachieved badly and does not deserve another season as I'm not one to reward mediocrity.

He will get another season though and hopefully it will be better than the abomination of one we have just had.

If we lose any of our important players we are fucked and another season in the wilderness awaits.

An abomination of a season???? I disagree. yes, 7th place isn't good enough. nor is 12 points of champions league, nor is finishing below the blue-shite.

However, their is cause for optimism right now. We are playing some good football, Coutinho and Sturridge look to be class signings and as it stands we have got one of the top 5 players in world football (Suarez).

We are going through a period of transition and despite the final league position - I think things are really looking up.

Rodgers has had his first season, improved our points tally from the season before and bedding in a squad that looks very good especially the youngsters.

Chin up Code - things can and will only get better. Rodgers definately deserves another season.

An abomination of a season???? I disagree. yes, 7th place isn't good enough. nor is 12 points of champions league, nor is finishing below the blue-shite.

However, their is cause for optimism right now. We are playing some good football, Coutinho and Sturridge look to be class signings and as it stands we have got one of the top 5 players in world football (Suarez).

We are going through a period of transition and despite the final league position - I think things are really looking up.

Rodgers has had his first season, improved our points tally from the season before and bedding in a squad that looks very good especially the youngsters.

Chin up Code - things can and will only get better. Rodgers definately deserves another season.

And so it begins as Code72 enters the fray.