You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Does Rodgers deserve another season?

Nine points, and one league position, plus twenty two more league goals scored than KK managed pretty much vindicates FSG's decision of a year ago and more than guarantees Rodgers a second season, I fully expect him to see out his three years.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Never above 7th in the league during the full season.

Except from when we were, you mean? Would you say we've a better team now than the one he inherited?

Code in a "No" shocker.

Here is where we were a year ago:

2011/2012

8 Liverpool 38 14 10 14 47 40 +7 52

Today:

2012/2013

7 Liverpool 38 16 13 9 71 43 +28 61

Our 2nd half of the season performance earns him a deserved chance to keep building something as far I'm concerned.

Our 2nd half of the season performance earns him a deserved chance to keep building something as far I'm concerned.

Nowhere near the finished article but I do not think its a coincidence that we improved in the second half of the season.

January was a really big turning point, we got it spot on. Another one like that is needed now, especially in our CB and GK positions.

You can't just look at league position or points. Doing well in cups is important, too.

Yeah but anyone can do well in cups, Swansea and Wigan have proven that. It's better to look at the record over a 38 game league season to get a more accurate reflection of where a team is. That and goals scored, conceded, games won, lost, drawn. As opposed to going by the lottery of cup competitions.

Most definitely!

We are on an upward trajectory, the football is better and we`re winning many games by handsome margins.

I think Rodgers was dealt a tougher opening hand than previous managers due to the owners clamping down on the profligacy of the recent past and the cost cutting which ensued. This led to a much thinner and inexperienced squad and a tough set of opening fixtures meant it was always going to be a difficult start.

The progress from last seasons dreadful 2nd half and the first 15 or so games from this is clear to me and I think a minimum of 70pts next season is definitely achievable.

Would Dalglish have finished with more than 61 points this season, yes he would.

Thats all I need to know for now, the best thing with this season is that its finished.

Rodgers has made adjustments to his gameplan though so if we can avoid losing importsnt players, add a few quality ones and have a normal season this squad is well capable of finishing on around 75 points and better next season.

Yeah but anyone can do well in cups, Swansea and Wigan have proven that. It's better to look at the record over a 38 game league season to get a more accurate reflection of where a team is. That and goals scored, conceded, games won, lost, drawn. As opposed to going by the lottery of cup competitions.

It's better to look at the whole season.

Would Dalglish have finished with more than 61 points this season, yes he would.

Thats all I need to know for now, the best thing with this season is that its finished.

Rodgers has made adjustments to his gameplan though so if we can avoid losing importsnt players, add a few quality ones and have a normal season this squad is well capable of finishing on around 75 points and better next season.

I have no idea how you can say that with such certainty. You're just making an opinionated statement and stating it like it's fact.

We've made an improvement of 9 points this season, if we make that same 9 point leap next season that's 70 points next season I think that's progress again, how anyone can't see the progress on the field compared to last season and not expect more progress next season is beyond me.

The cup competitions this season have been really disappointing but I would take one relative cup failure to make decent progress in the league and 9 points is very decent. It's also a better points tally than Kenny (in his 2nd spell) Benitez and Houllier all managed in there first seasons.

I have no idea how you can say that with such certainty. You're just making an opinionated statement and stating it like it's fact.

We've made an improvement of 9 points this season' date=' if we make that same 9 point leap next season that's 70 points next season I think that's progress again, how anyone can't see the progress on the field compared to last season and not expect more progress next season is beyond me.

The cup competitions this season have been really disappointing but I would take one relative cup failure to make decent progress in the league and 9 points is very decent. It's also a better points tally than Kenny (in his 2nd spell) Benitez and Houllier all managed in there first seasons.[/quote']

He just says things.

This is our only real improvement abd its got little to do with the manager

11/12: Suarez- 11 goals, hit posts 20+ times.

12/13: Suarez- 23 goals, hit posts 5+ times.

11/12: Gerrard Started 12 games

12/13: Gerrard started 36 games

or at least something like this.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's better to look at the whole season.

So it's more reflective of improvement to look at how we did when starting with Suso, Sterling and Wisdom, rather than Coutinho and Dan Sturridge? Hmn. Okay. Then we're shit and we need to be looking for another manager.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Erm, what the fuck are you going on about?

Yet we've twatted the opposition when neither of them have played. Good one, dickhead.

You can't just look at league position or points. Doing well in cups is important, too.

We have been doing well in cups for 20 years though

I agree league position and points means little, especially in a managers first season.

But fuck the cups, we need to build a squad and youth set up that has a blue print for success on all fronts over a 10-15 year period.

Rodgers is making great strides towards that and im susprised he is doing it so quickly to be honest.

A few months ago code was arguing that goal difference was the real pointer to how good a team was.

I have no problem with an opinion, it's when it's written as fact that I get fed up.

Move the goalposts, change the criteria, find a new stat, bleed it dry, rinse and repeat until the entire forum is an unreadable shitfest.

Oh so kenny's still taking training then?

Whatever Rodgers does in training has helped both players you idiot.

Suarez obviously works on his finishing more

And Gerrard has been put on a special training regime like agger

Its ALL DOWN TO THE MANAGER because he makes these decisions.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, it's not like Rodgers and his team had any impact upon Gerrard playing more. Like a new training regime, which is working wonders. That's not happened. It certainly has nothing to do with Gerrard playing more.

So it's more reflective of improvement to look at how we did when starting with Suso, Sterling and Wisdom, rather than Coutinho and Dan Sturridge? Hmn. Okay. Then we're shit and we need to be looking for another manager.

We had alternatives to Suso and Sterling, Rodgers just did not use them, something you agreed with and you even tried to ridicule those with better knowledge who said we should play the better players in Downing and Henderson.

So basically our manager ruined our season by not playing our better players instead he tried to win popularity by playing to the crowd and ignoring the most criticised players among the less knowledgable part of our fanbase.