You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Sorry, but what the fuck? What do you envisage this even means during a time when there's no football being played? 

The season's over so it's not like the dislike of the current set up is being heard at the ground. No one cares what's being written on a forum, and if they do then we're in even deeper trouble.

It comes across like a lazy phrase used by those who want to end a discussion.

Every JP post breaks the fourth wall.

• Upvote 1

I'm far from dim mate don't let me not caring about spelling mistakes fool you.

It's a joke and I'm in a good mood about LFC after fearing the worst, seeing as BR is staying maybe it's time for those on his back to take a break and start supporting the team.

I was devastated when Rafa was sacked and even more so when I found out who his replacement was, I got behind Hodgson as doing othwlerwise doesn't help the club or it's goals, a lot of fans need to do the same now with BR.

Glad you're in a 'good mood'. Fancy reimbursing me and the rest of the lads £40 who went to Stoke? Honestly had a better time in the boozer than going the game, that is what it has come to.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, but what the fuck? What do you envisage this even means during a time when there's no football being played?

The season's over so it's not like the dislike of the current set up is being heard at the ground. No one cares what's being written on a forum, and if they do then we're in even deeper trouble.

It comes across like a lazy phrase used by those who want to end a discussion.

Everyone always assumes I'm talking about people from tlw when I criticise fans, I quote people I don't agree with and am talking about fans on twitter basically trying to start campaigns against the manager and are bombarding anyone involved at the top with tweets saying get Rodgers out and bitching about him.

Your right people on a forum are not really influencing but it helps to spread the negativity.Disscussion is fair enough and I can understand why fans are pissed but when we get near the start of next season talk about Rodgers needs to stop, if he's going in to every game with the threat of a backlash after every game that will not help the team on the field and Im assuming most fans want the team doing well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Glad you're in a 'good mood'. Fancy reimbursing me and the rest of the lads £40 who went to Stoke? Honestly had a better time in the boozer than going the game, that is what it has come to.

I'd be looking at the players when it comes to that, they didn't turn up on the day and while Rodgers has been apologising to fans and dealing with the backlash they are on holiday and have said fuck all.

• Upvote 6

I'd be looking at the players when it comes to that, they didn't turn up on the day and while Rodgers has been apologising to fans and dealing with the backlash they are on holiday and have said fuck all.

He can offer platitudes about the performance, I'm not particularly arsed.

The point I was attempting to make is that whilst you feel positive of the direction the club is going in, it's far from the reality of the situation for most people shelling out obscene amounts of money to see unacceptable performances. Quite frankly, many are sick of it.

Not often no as tickets are difficult to get and only come up now and then for shit games at short notice.

I don't see how that would have any bearing on how much of a fan I am or if I know as much as someone that goes regularly.

It does in some ways.

When you're forking out a lot of money (for most people), seeing a team underperforming (or worse, not bothering at all) really hits home when you're about 70-100 quid light after an away trip. It's bad enough at 'just' 50 quid for a home trip.

That's not to say fans who don't go to a match can't offer valid input, of course they can, but nothing hits home as hard when a club's asking you to fork out for another season ticket, often at an increased price than the last year, and you're wondering why you should. It can feel like 'give give give' to a club, and you get sweet FA back.

take a break and start supporting the team.

Start practicing what you preach and support our players' hard-earned holidays. 

Not often no as tickets are difficult to get and only come up now and then for shit games at short notice.

I don't see how that would have any bearing on how much of a fan I am or if I know as much as someone that goes regularly.

No?  Well let me educate you.  

1.  People attending the games are making a commitment to the team in money and time.  Some people spend a whole day getting to, attending and returning from games.  

2.  People attending the games are the supporters. They are the people who make their presence felt.  They get behind the team - the team know they are there.  They can spur the team on.  They can support the team when they need it.  They can distract and intimidate (not very often these days admittedly) the opposition.  They can make their absence felt too, if things deteriorate beyond acceptibility.

3.  People attending the games have a visceral bond with the club.  They have a closer identity with it - they can literally feel the club and its history.  They 'get it' more.

4.  You get a much better understanding of the game by attending it.  You see the runs players are making off the ball (or not).  You see how the teams and play are shaped.  You see the impact tactical changes can make.  You can see opportunities and threats before they manifest themselves.   You can see where those misplaced passes were supposed to go.  

I can't be arsed typing more, so let's just sum up by saying I completely disagree with the points made in your above post.  

• Upvote 2

If people want to cling on to faint hope, it has been officially clarified by Klopps agent that he MIGHT take a six month sabbatical, and his agent said "we will see what happens ;) ".

Literally, wink face.

As heard on Football Weekly podcast, Honigstein got a text from Klopps agent in response to the question about it, and he read it out 'live', on today's pre record podcast.

• Upvote 1

4.  You get a much better understanding of the game by attending it.  You see the runs players are making off the ball (or not).  You see how the teams and play are shaped.  You see the impact tactical changes can make.  You can see opportunities and threats before they manifest themselves.   You can see where those misplaced passes were supposed to go.

Wow, imagine if you didn't go the game.
  • Upvote 3

I suspect I'd still understand the game a whole heap better than Speedy.

That's your clinically small frame of reference cutting off the flow of blood to your brain talking.

Everyone knows SpeedyG, may he rest in peace, was just a man out of season.

No? Well let me educate you.

1. People attending the games are making a commitment to the team in money and time. Some people spend a whole day getting to, attending and returning from games.

2. People attending the games are the supporters. They are the people who make their presence felt. They get behind the team - the team know they are there. They can spur the team on. They can support the team when they need it. They can distract and intimidate (not very often these days admittedly) the opposition. They can make their absence felt too, if things deteriorate beyond acceptibility.

3. People attending the games have a visceral bond with the club. They have a closer identity with it - they can literally feel the club and its history. They 'get it' more.

4. You get a much better understanding of the game by attending it. You see the runs players are making off the ball (or not). You see how the teams and play are shaped. You see the impact tactical changes can make. You can see opportunities and threats before they manifest themselves. You can see where those misplaced passes were supposed to go.

I can't be arsed typing more, so let's just sum up by saying I completely disagree with the points made in your above post.

Full credit to those fans but I don't see them as above others, they are in the privileged position of having things like season tickets and if every fan who had a season ticket gave it up there would be fans ready to replace them.