You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I was actually quite impressed by Moses for Chelsea last year, I didn't want him when we were linked but he surprised me when he was given a go for Chelsea, not saying we should sign him as I think we can do better but he wouldn't be a disastrous signing though I don't think theres anything to really suggest we're even in for him is there?

That lad Sakho is supposed to be very good from what I've heard, even though I've only seen him once. Sounds like his situation could be a bit like Sturridge at Chelsea in that he was playing well but got shafted to accommodate all the expensive new signings at PSG.

Don't know enough about European football, but you can't go wrong with the Germans or the Dutch. They're also more likely to embrace the city, rather than fuck off when Barca come in for them. I'm sure we could get some class attacking players from their leagues.

I really like the look of McCarthy of Wigan. He'd really improve us and he'll only get better. Unfortunately, I can see him going to the blues to replace Fellaini.

He could do with being on our bench.

We don't use Borini or Sterling, are we trying to break Sturridge?

despite him not being used much if he is going in addition to Downing going a couple of weeks ago you have to imagine we are going to get this left winger Brendan has spoke of

Yes. And we have already brought two in who can do his job.

I certainly think that if we could get back 20 mil on Borini and Allen tomorrow Rodgers would pull the trigger - so would I.

Not Allen we've got no other midfield cover. We've got Aspas Sturridge and Suarez ahead of Borini though. One more attacking player in and he won't be making many match day squads.

Don't know if it has been suggested previously on the thread but if Chelsea are willing to let Moses go I'd sign him. Not the big name we were hoping for but he is a good player and would improve us.

In next week we can expect bids for some of the names we have been consistently linked with such as Papadopolous, Illori, Atsu and maybe even someone like Eriksen. Also expect a bid for a player or two that hasn't been mentioned at all. Hope it goes well. Would be so disappointing if we didn't sign a left winger (would personally like another player for the right too) but main thing is to keep Saurez.

Not Allen we've got no other midfield cover. We've got Aspas Sturridge and Suarez ahead of Borini though. One more attacking player in and he won't be making many match day squads.

The 20 mil buys a better player than Allen. One thing about Rodgers is he is quick to move along - which I like. IMO he would have no problem making that switch right now.

So far' date=' We've had a pleasant start in the season, despite all that is was on behind the scenes.

If the owners don't let Rodgers to make his marque signing and end this transfer window with a profit, they should just sell up and leave.[/quote']

Who to?

You seem to be under the impression that they wouldn't if a buyer was out there...

Yes. And we have already brought two in who can do his job.

I certainly think that if we could get back 20 mil on Borini and Allen tomorrow Rodgers would pull the trigger - so would I.

We'd have no players left! Rodgers would have kept downing had he thought there'd be no replacement, so I don't see him pulling the trigger on two of his own signings without any chance of bringing someone in. I'm pretty sure he'd have taken his money back on both in June, I very much doubt he will now.

Why can't it have been? Because we already know/scouted already?

Well, that's what I would assume. We know that we've looked at Eriksen and Alderweireld extensively in the past and have apparently decided they're not right for us. I suppose it could be them that we were looking at, but it would be a bit weird if we suddenly decided that we wanted one or the other of them having decided against it previously. Who knows though?