You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Adem Ljajic linked now. Fiorentina.

Never heard of him. Woo?

Attacking mid. Utd had an option to sign him a few years back but didn't take it up. Very good player; maybe too similar to Coutinho. Got his coach sacked at Fiorentina for trying to punch him after Ljajic sarcastically applauded him after being subbed. A hothead.

[YOUTUBE]FIDvXXl5Bh4[/YOUTUBE]

Attacking mid. Utd had an option to sign him a few years back but didn't take it up. Very good player; maybe to similar to Coutinho. Got his coach sacked at Fiorentina for trying to punch him after Ljajic sarcastically applauded him after being subbed. A hothead.

[YOUTUBE]FIDvXXl5Bh4[/YOUTUBE]

Replacement for Suarez, then?

Attacking mid. Utd had an option to sign him a few years back but didn't take it up. Very good player; maybe too similar to Coutinho. Got his coach sacked at Fiorentina for trying to punch him after Ljajic sarcastically applauded him after being subbed. A hothead.

Major Tom listens to The Anfield Wrap.

With Mourinho's assertion that he needs to get rid of some of his players, perhaps on loan - I really think we should try and get Moses in on loan.

But only if we were going to sign a top class attacking player too. Moses would simply be a very good backup/option, especially because he can play all along the front line and could fill in as a faux-Sturridge to lead the line.

Without Sturridge I think we find it hard to stretch teams in behind.

Liajic?

You are wasting your time. There is no chance we'll sign him.

Roma, Milan and Atletico are battling. I think he will be a Milan player, although Roma are claiming that they have agreed contract details with him.

We'll say "but we tried" again....

Of course there is a chance. He'd be a good signing.

Oh dear, that's some conspiracy theory.

Considering how 'brilliant' Spurs are, they're reeeeeally desperate for a couple more £30m signings this week.

But I thought Andros Townsend was brilliant?

Hate the cunts, hate Levy, just pure hate, dodgy as fuck and needs investigating.

Liajic?

You are wasting your time. There is no chance we'll sign him.

Roma, Milan and Atletico are battling. I think he will be a Milan player, although Roma are claiming that they have agreed contract details with him.

We'll say "but we tried" again....

I'm sure I read that he's out of contract in a year so probably right up our alley in the fee stakes.

With Mourinho's assertion that he needs to get rid of some of his players, perhaps on loan - I really think we should try and get Moses in on loan.

But only if we were going to sign a top class attacking player too. Moses would simply be a very good backup/option, especially because he can play all along the front line and could fill in as a faux-Sturridge to lead the line.

Without Sturridge I think we find it hard to stretch teams in behind.

Yes would be much better than nothing, and will do more for us than Downing would have. Certainly its one way to avoid a repeat of the Carroll/Dempsey fiasco.

Of course there is a chance. He'd be a good signing.

I think that there is no chance. This is one of the long summer transfer sagas in Italy. He is refusing to sign an extension to his contract with Fiorentina and refused to train with the team yesterday.

Gazzetta are reporting that Ljajic will move to Roma (or alternatively to Milan)and Lamela to Arsenal or City. Roma fans are outraged about the imminent departure of Lamela(only 21yr).

Lamela was at the 2013-14 photoshoot on the 21st August with the rest of Roma team and his fiancé wrote on Twitter "what a farce"(because he was told that he will be sold next week).

Roma is owned by an American Hedge Fund manager, I think he was an FSG member in the past. So you can clearly see similarities in their strategies. Roma fans are not happy with their club's ownership at all.

I think that there is no chance. This is one of the long summer transfer sagas in Italy. He is refusing to sign an extension to his contract with Fiorentina and refused to train with the team yesterday.

Gazzetta are reporting that Ljajic will move to Roma (or alternatively to Milan)and Lamela to Arsenal or City. Roma fans are outraged about the imminent departure of Lamela(only 21yr).

Lamela was at the 2013-14 photoshoot on the 21st August with the rest of Roma team and his fiancé wrote on Twitter "what a farce"(because he was told that he will be sold next week).

Roma is owned by an American Hedge Fund manager, I think he was an FSG member in the past. So you can clearly see similarities in their strategies. Roma fans are not happy with their club's ownership at all.

What Roma are happy with doesn't really matter, though, don't you think?

We should have the financial capability to outbid them (after all, that is why they're selling Lamela) and they aren't even in Europe (CL or EL). We could also offer higher wages.

AC Milan have tried to lowball Fiorentina so they a) don't look like they want to spend much on him and b) probably haven't endeared themselves to Fiorentina much.

Ljajic wants out and i'm sure he'd love to come to the PL. We have more than a chance and frankly, I'd love him to come here. He's a great little player and he's very young. Certainly fits our profile.

Victor Moses? Fuck that.

What's the source of that one, mate? Fucking hope not.

Do you not think that...

Top class left winger

Top central defender

Victor Moses on loan

Would make sense? Given that Borini seems as far away from the first team as ever and we're having to rely on players like Ibe, Moses would be a good option off the bench. If we lose Sturridge to injury (as per), it'd be nice to have somebody who has the pace to stretch defences - as Coutinho really seems to do well behind those players.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Do you not think that...

Top class left winger

Top central defender

Victor Moses on loan

Would make sense? Given that Borini seems as far away from the first team as ever and we're having to rely on players like Ibe, Moses would be a good option off the bench. If we lose Sturridge to injury (as per), it'd be nice to have somebody who has the pace to stretch defences - as Coutinho really seems to do well behind those players.

If we get a top class left winger and a top class central defender, we can loan anybody you like and I wouldn't give a cock. Is he actually linked anywhere, FEG, or is it just chatter or here?

If we get a top class left winger and a top class central defender, we can loan anybody you like and I wouldn't give a cock. Is he actually linked anywhere, FEG, or is it just chatter or here?

Haha fair enough - I just thought i'd distract myself from the depressing lack of progress with the top players. I don't think he's linked anywhere though.