You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Haha fair enough - I just thought i'd distract myself from the depressing lack of progress with the top players. I don't think he's linked anywhere though.

Ah, that's okay then. After youtube scouting Kono, I've decided we're going to sign him. We must.

I never said "net spend", I never said "£100m of FSG's own money", I said we spent over £100m on players and most of it was wasted on shite. If our transfer budget this summer was funded by selling Adam Morgan for £100m, I wouldn't give a fuck where the money came from, I'd expect it to be spent wisely on quality players who would strengthen the team and if we instead spent the full amount on midtable shite then I'd absolutely lay the blame for that on the feet of the manager and transfer committee.

Well going by this transfer window there'll be nothing for you to worry about on that score as they're in profit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Surely not? A footballer being a cunt? Pull the other one.

Pull the 'udder' one, Moof?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

evil-laugh-gif-tumblr-23.gif

Nicolas_Cage_Laugh_GIF.gif

1126.gif

ashton-kutcher-laughing.gif

laugh.gif

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like Ibe, but he's 17 and has one senior game under his belt. He's not ready for a full season as a starter. Not yet.

I like Ibe, but he's 17 and has one senior game under his belt. He's not ready for a full season as a starter. Not yet.

If you consider Sterling held up well for half a season at the same age being smaller and less physically developed, then I'd disagree.

Perhaps not for a full season, but I think he absolutely could until the January window, and even further beyond. Also remember this team has no Euro football, so there are less games to contend with.

After some extensive research (Wiki), I gather that Ljajic is only on EUR700K a year (around £11.5k per week), so I imagine we could entice him. However, is he not a central player? Rodgers has said on a few occasions this summer that he wants to strengthen one of the wide positions, I believe.

He plays on the left or just behind the forward.

Rumours have it that we enquired a price on Andre Ayew on Thursday.

André Morgan Rami Ayew (Akan: /æˈjjuː/ a-yew) (born 17 December 1989) is a Ghanaian international footballer who plays for French club Marseille in Ligue 1. He is often referred to as simply Dédé. Ayew plays as a winger, but can play as a striker. He is the second-born son of the three-time winner of the African Footballer of the Year award and FIFA 100 member Abedi Pele and has two brothers, Ibrahim and Jordan, who also play football.