You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

But he put it in speech marks and everything!

I reckon if we get to September without signing anyone of note then come January we'll have new owners. It could just be that at this stage it makes more sense financially to show a bit of brinksmanship and take it to the wire but I doubt it.

That was doing the rounds a few weeks back when some arab bunch went from offering sponsorship to wanting to buy the club apparently.

If my Football Manager sources are correct I reckon we could have Greizman for about £20mil. Saying that those Basquetards have got Champions League so none of that golden crop will come cheap. I reckon if Madrid fail with Bale then they could put the house on Suarez, if it does happen we need to ensure that we get Morata as part of the deal, he's gonna be great and he might even play for us. A loan deal for Casimero could be astute business as well. If we can get 20 goals from the wings and Sturridge contintues where he left off then whilst we will miss Suarez's genius we cold be a much more efficient machine.

We're balancing the books nicely, isn't that why Rodgers was chosen in the first place? Our net spend this summer of very little and chipping away at the wage bill getting the likes of Downing off the books. Those who said we spent our summer budget last January might well be right.

Obviously I'm being a *%^%&, it's Downing after all, thank christ for that.

I imagine keeping Suarez would've been a lot easier if we'd have shown some sort of ambition. Downgrading keepers (For whatever reason, I'm not here to discuss that), replacing a legend with a 32 year old & 2 Spanish unknowners isn't the best of starts.

The closer to the start of the season we get, the more it makes sense that we were planning on offloading him to Spain and use the money to upgrade the team.

Seeing more players leaving than players coming in is rarely a good thing. Hope to god we beat Stoke on Saturday or it's gonna be brutal.

Henry, Lerner, Ayre; pull your fucking fingers out an pony up some dollar.

This left back looks good so hopefully we get him. We definitely need at least one attacking player though. I do believe that the will is there to sign someone but we are obviously finding it difficult to attract players of the required quality. That's no excuse for not bringing in anybody though, and if that situation arises I imagine that absolutely everyone will be critical of Ayre and FSG. I refuse to believe that we couldn't get someone like Honda, for example, who would go straight into out first 11 and improve us. We simply have to bring more players in.

It s been a very odd transfer window up to now with only City been on a little spending spree. I don't believe ginsoak would not of put forward a list of the players they should be looking to buy this window.

That looks to of failed and I do believe United wanted to sell Shrek and having failed to buy one of there top targets , they now want to keep him.

The team who have for me bought well this window up to now is Spurs.If they manage to keep hold of Bale for another season , I can honestly see them fighting for a top three place at the very least.

Soldado for me might have a fantastic season and I can see him scoring big time. I am tempted to have a small e/w top scorer bet on him.

Again though they will need to keep hold of Bale to have any chance of breaking into the top 3.