You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Is he quick?

Yep. Better attacking player than Enrique. Decent signing. I thought he was off to Real? Surprised if we pulled it off.

If Agger's agent is flirting with Barca then we have to ship him off, noone is bigger than the club... If it falls through send him on loan.

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 29m

Barrett: Per Steffersen, Agger's agent confirmed that his client would be open to a move to the Nou Camp.

LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 27m

Steffersen, Agger's agent: "It would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for Daniel Agger transfer."

he is quality. considered best LB in la liga outside of the big two teams in the media

attack minded and a definite upgrade over enrique. rather him than cissokho

Can he defend? the most important thing for a defender!

Rodgers said last week Agger told him as long as he wants him he's staying and he just got made vice captain so I don't see him going anywhere.

That was the discussion last summer when Brendan was trying to pimp him out and replace him with Williams, it's like Xabi and Rafa again.

In The Gruniad from Rodgers:

"There is an awful lot of work going on behind the scenes and it is not easy as we have seen from other clubs' experiences as well," the manager added. "But I am confident that we will add to the team. I don't think there is any doubt we need that. The players we have brought in have added great depth and support to the team, but that bit of quality now coming into the group could really set us up. Everyone at the club, the recruitment team, the board and myself, are working hard to make that happen."

What?

29 later this year would they cash in on good wages. After last summer could he turn down a move to Barca.

Aug 2012

City manager Roberto Mancini is keen to bolster his centre-back ranks and has also been tracking Agger’s Liverpool team-mate Martin Skrtel.

Denmark international skipper Agger, who arrived from Brondby for £5.6million in January 2006, has already told Rodgers he has no intention of leaving.

But the Liverpool manager has given City a glimmer of encouragement by intimating a huge offer could persuade him to part with the 27-year-old.

“Daniel and I have had a number of conversations so he knows where I am at, he knows where the club are at and he doesn’t want to leave, which is great,” said Rodgers. “In my first conversation with Daniel at the Euros he made that quite clear. He loves the club, loves the supporters so that was music to my ears, but we’ll see.

“There’s been contact from City but nowhere near the valuation of what the player is worth. You can only consider something like that if it is going to benefit you.

“Of course you might lose a top player but if it benefits you going forward – and you can make two or three steps because of it – you may have to consider it.

“But we don’t want to sell him so unless someone comes in with a ridiculous offer, that makes you look at it and think you can benefit in one or two other areas, there is no way I want to lose one of my best players.

Read more: Liverpool Daily Post Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers says Daniel Agger may go for 'ridiculous offer' - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Sport - Liverpool Daily Post Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers says Daniel Agger may go for 'ridiculous offer' - Liverpool FC News - Liverpool FC - Sport - Liverpool Daily Post

Daniel Agger's future at Liverpool has been cast into fresh doubt after his agent indicated the Danish defender would be open to a move to Barcelona.

Liverpool rejected a €17m (£14.6m) offer for Agger from the Spanish champions last week amid concern over their central defensive options. Brendan Rodgers responded by appointing the 28-year-old as the new vice-captain following the retirement of Jamie Carragher.

With Carragher gone, Sebastián Coates failing to convince Rodgers and Martin Skrtel's position uncertain having been told he can leave Liverpool earlier in the summer, only to be informed last week that he would not be sold, the Anfield club can ill afford to lose their most influential centre-half. That was reflected in the response to Barcelona, who have targeted either Agger or David Luiz but have received no encouragement from Chelsea that the Brazil international is for sale.

Barcelona are expected to return with an improved offer for the Liverpool defender before the transfer deadline. And Agger's agent, Per Steffensen, has suggested the Denmark international would consider a transfer to Camp Nou.

"We are aware that Barcelona have made an offer for Daniel that Liverpool have rejected," said Steffensen, who was approached by an agent representing the Spanish club several weeks ago. "Daniel has a contract with Liverpool for the next three years and it would be up to the clubs to agree a fee for his transfer in order for that to change."

Agger's departure would be a serious setback to Rodgers, who has struggled to add quality additions to Liverpool's defence this summer, signing only Kolo Touré on a free transfer from Manchester City so far. Liverpool are, however, believed to be close to the £5m signing of Granada's left-back Guilherme Siqueira.

Rodgers' pre-season preparations have already been disrupted by the Luis Suárez transfer saga and the arrest on Thursday of Raheem Sterling for common assault. The England international is due to stand trial in September and sat out Saturday's friendly 1-0 defeat by Celtic as a result. "I just thought he had been through a lot," the Liverpool manager said. "He hadn't slept at all in the last 48 hours and adding to that Jordan Ibe has been excellent and at 17 he is showing great promise. That was all it was, to protect Raheem."

One positive from the Dublin friendly was the second-half performance of Daniel Sturridge, who returned ahead of schedule from an ankle-ligament injury to enliven an otherwise laboured Liverpool performance. With Suárez banned for the first six matches of the season, irrespective of his long-term position at the club, Sturridge will have greater responsibility when the campaign opens and Liverpool have arranged a behind-closed-doors game on Monday specifically to improve the striker's match fitness.

"I think he is aware of the opportunity in front of him," said Rodgers. "There were maybe teething problems when he arrived in January but once he got his head around that and the demands of playing at a big club regularly, then he was terrific. He was in really good form at the end of last season, which got him called up for England, and it was unfortunate that he got a bad injury. But I can have no complaints at how he has worked. He is actually ahead of schedule coming back and I am sure that this season he can demonstrate that he is a top striker."

Rodgers is adamant Liverpool will add quality additions to their squad before the transfer window closes, having been frustrated on several major deals this summer including the £21.8m offer for Diego Costa. The Brazilian forward is now expected to sign a contract extension with Atlético Madrid.

"There is an awful lot of work going on behind the scenes and it is not easy as we have seen from other clubs' experiences as well," the manager added. "But I am confident that we will add to the team. I don't think there is any doubt we need that. The players we have brought in have added great depth and support to the team, but that bit of quality now coming into the group could really set us up. Everyone at the club, the recruitment team, the board and myself, are working hard to make that happen."

Liverpool rally to keep Daniel Agger as Barcelona step up interest | Football | The Guardian

I was under the assumption that before a club bids they normally sound out the player. Obviously he wouldn't act like Suarez but If they were serious and he became their first choice and were offering a fair price I think both parties might consider it more than we would like to acknowledge.

So after telling Skrtel, who was Liverpools player of the season when he became manager, he was to blame for our troubles at the back.

Then telling him to find another club at the start of the summer.

We have now asked him to stay.

Baffling.