You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Agger is class, but last season was the first in which he managed to make more than 27 league appearances. Over a seven and a half year career with us, he's averaged less than 21 league games a season.

We may well regret turning down 15 mil for a 28 year old when he misses half the season through injury...

Agger is class, but last season was the first in which he managed to make more than 27 league appearances. Over a seven and a half year career with us, he's averaged less than 21 league games a season.

We may well regret turning down 15 mil for a 28 year old when he misses half the season through injury...

I actually agree, but there are two problems...

1) Replacing almost the entire spine of a team if going to lead to an inconsistent 6 months or so

2) Can you imagine the reaction from the fans? It would like an explosion in a spastic factory!

I actually agree' date=' but there are two problems...

1) Replacing almost the entire spine of a team if going to lead to an inconsistent 6 months or so

2) Can you imagine the reaction from the fans? It would like an explosion in a spastic factory![/quote']

And the reaction would be justified if both Agger and Suarez were sold and their replacements were a free transfer and inexperienced potential.

Lets hope this wont be the case.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If that was the case I'd officially be fucking done with FSG.

It'd be fucking insane.

Why would we sell Suarez and Agger and replace them with freebies? That's the worst business decision in history. Well, not quite but it'd be up there.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Cause FSG and Rodgers is evil, init?

Oh yeah, I forgot. I think we'll keep both and add to the first team. I really hope we add to the first team, if we don't people are going to be pissed. I'll be pissed, actually. However, this is still very much true:

"There's money there available to get in the right types of players, but we don't want to panic and just bring in anyone. It has to be someone who can come in and improve the team."

And what he said about Coutinho: "No question, Coutinho's best position is the No.10.

"And once we get the right kind of quality to put on the sides, he will play in that central role. That is where he affects the game best.

Looks like we're looking for that inside forward, like Costa could play. So yeah, if we manage to keep those players and add quality, then great. If we don't, it'll be a bit disappointing.

There will be unanimous condemnation if Suarez and Agger leave this summer. Fans will stand arm in virtual arm behind their keyboards and wail in unison. I certainly would be pissed off. But while they haven't been sold, I will keep my counsel and keep my powder dry, hold my horses, and wait and see.

With Agger, it's a tricky one. I'm not sure I could get worked up about him wanting to go. He's timeserved; been loyal for many years, he's professed an interest in going to Barcelona. He'll probably end up on loan at Napoli.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Having just given Agger the VC, I highly doubt there's any intention to let him go at all. I doubt Agger would kick up a fuss either.

Well I've said basically the same thing for the past few weeks. I have no idea whats going on. Nor does anyone else. We can only look and see the trends and what seems to be happening and make guesses based on that.

And despite what Rodgers and Henry are saying the trend seems to be we have to move players out to bring players in which is totally understandable and good sense.

But I reckon it also suggests we're far from flush with cash and its unlikely we'll see any real quality players brought in before the end of the summer, which we all agree we badly need.

As I say it's just guesswork on my part but as it stands right now I reckon we'll probably see a LB brought in if Downing is shipped out and maybe another CB if Agger or Skrtel goes, and that'll be it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rodgers said last night he was looking to get a left sided player in. Let's hope they are extremely brilliant.

Joe Cole can play from the left?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Tello can play on the left.

FSG need to get on the phone to Roma and sort a deal for Lamela tight Yank gits.

Not sure he'd want to join us, but it'd be £40m well spent.

To be fair he took his man On and beat him several times at the weekend, only to find no one in the box

While this may be true, maybe the players had no confidence in him getting the cross in so didn't bother getting into position?... harsh perhaps but fuck it.

Ibe is a much better option. He'll have the unknown factor about him and a set of balls to try go past players. Downing is easy marked out of a game and wets his little Batman underwear against bigger sides. Good riddance. Hope to fuck it's true that he's leaving.