You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

There were people on this forum who thought that Mata was suddenly going to put them in the race for the top 4. I can only assume that they had momentarily forgotten just how shit Moyes is.

I hold my hands up. I genuinely thought Mata would give them a boost. I just didn't realise how Moyes would be capable of fucking up even a talent like Mata.

Guest davelfc

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/28/manchester-united-lucrative-friendlies-champions-league-europa-league

Manchester United are poised to play a series of lucrative friendlies abroad next season to offset what could be a minimum £20m loss for failure to qualify for the Champions League and Europa League.

With United constantly offered multi-million-pound deals to play around the world in exhibition and testimonial games, the club hierarchy is confident of filling the financial void left by a dismal season, and has already started planning for the potential absence from European competition next term. David Moyes's side are in sixth, 11 points from a Champions League place.

Hope they do it. Travelling thousands of miles unnecessarily isn't going to help them get back in the CL, and will probably hinder them if anything, as they're not using the benefit of not having European footie like we have this year, to prepare and get yourselves sorted.

They'll end up pushing for a winter break after knackering their own players out with glamour friendlies.

• Upvote 1

I've fucking got it! It all makes sense now.

It's the fucking hudsucker proxy...

Keep this clearly inept clown in a job as the share price falls, buy up low-priced stock before installing a decent manager then hold another IPO at the higher price. Profit!

hudsuckerproxy_jpg.jpg

Good plan, Glazers.

"Manchester United. Y'know, for kids!"