You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thommo is boss

LFC 6 Times

He shit on fowler big time. Before my time as a player and used to love listening to him commentate on the radio back in the '90s after all the shit he had with souness, love his passion for the club, and the way he took the reigns when Ged was ill. But fowler treatment left a real sour taste, suppose its a generational thing, he fucked my hero off instead of nurturing him.

He shit on fowler big time. Before my time as a player and used to love listening to him commentate on the radio back in the '90s after all the shit he had with souness, love his passion for the club, and the way he took the reigns when Ged was ill. But fowler treatment left a real sour taste, suppose its a generational thing, he fucked my hero off instead of nurturing him.

I felt the same for a while. Fowler was always my favourite player growing up and I was so pissed when he left.

I'm over it now though, Thommo is a legend and a great service to the club.

As an outsider, I'd say he does LFC a lot of good. He talks sense, doesn't seem over partisan about other clubs, and his love of LFC is handled well... i.e. he doesn't hide it, he doesn't go overboard with the LFC praise, but he does show pleasure in LFC doing well.

He's a good pundit, seems a down to earth guy. All in all, a credit to the club and Liverpudlians in general.

Michael Owen on the other hand is the polar opposite.

He's a backstabber.

He did it to Souness twice and once with Fowler.

As for being a Ronnie Moran type, never in a million years.

For one Ronnie would say it to your face not go running to the manager because a ball hit you on the nose.

You'll have to expand on the Souness incidents. As for Fowler, I loved the lad, and I was as pissed off as anyone when he went, but ultimately he brought it on himself. I would have thought that Ronnie Moran, thorough professional that he was, would have given a detailed report of every training session to the manager, including a players efforts to undermine his authority. I'm also pretty sure that Thompson did say quite a few things to Robbie's face!

You'll have to expand on the Souness incidents. As for Fowler, I loved the lad, and I was as pissed off as anyone when he went, but ultimately he brought it on himself. I would have thought that Ronnie Moran, thorough professional that he was, would have given a detailed report of every training session to the manager, including a players efforts to undermine his authority. I'm also pretty sure that Thompson did say quite a few things to Robbie's face!

Moran would have done no such thing. He'd have knocked fuck out of him instead, ditto Paisley & Fagan.

One of the first things Shanks installed was that he wouldn't tolerate snitches or backstabbing.

Thompson slaughtered Souness to Ferguson & Kidd while he was manager.

Whatever you think of Souness, no member of our backroom team should ever speak about the inner workings of the club in derogatory terms to anyone from Utd.

When Thompson was stripped of the captaincy he was not a happy bunny and resented Souness I think.

Shame he's no longer with the club. I think he would have been a natural successor to Ronnie Moran, someone who understood the club, the traditions, and, perhaps most importantly, the expectations. It's something that's been missing in recent years.

I would say that Kenny Dalglish understands the club, the traditions and the expectations of LFC - wouldn't you?

Moran would have done no such thing. He'd have knocked fuck out of him instead, ditto Paisley & Fagan.

One of the first things Shanks installed was that he wouldn't tolerate snitches or backstabbing.

Thompson slaughtered Souness to Ferguson & Kidd while he was manager.

Whatever you think of Souness, no member of our backroom team should ever speak about the inner workings of the club in derogatory terms to anyone from Utd.

When Thompson was stripped of the captaincy he was not a happy bunny and resented Souness I think.

On the captaincy thing- Souness has actually said that he respected Thompson for the way he confronted him about it instead of sniping behind his back. As for the other- a game of chinese whispers, started by alcohun, going from anfield to ot and back to anfield via glasgow, hardly credible enough to take sides against one of our own, especially after Thompson had defended Souness over the scum incident.

On the captaincy thing- Souness has actually said that he respected Thompson for the way he confronted him about it instead of sniping behind his back. As for the other- a game of chinese whispers, started by alcohun, going from anfield to ot and back to anfield via glasgow, hardly credible enough to take sides against one of our own, especially after Thompson had defended Souness over the scum incident.

It was credible because it happened.

Thompson was sacked for it.

And a gagging order was placed on both Souness & Thompson.

Incidentally it was Geoff Twentyman at Rangers who informed Souness of what happened. So unless you believe Twentyman was a liar it's fair to say that Thompson was bang to rights.

Even in his book He can't recall whether he said anything about Souness to Ferguson & Kidd. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his own innocence.

It was credible because it happened.

Thompson was sacked for it.

And a gagging order was placed on both Souness & Thompson.

Incidentally it was Geoff Twentyman at Rangers who informed Souness of what happened. So unless you believe Twentyman was a liar it's fair to say that Thompson was bang to rights.

Even in his book He can't recall whether he said anything about Souness to Ferguson & Kidd. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his own innocence.

I think Twentyman was fed a lie which he repeated in good faith, doesn't make Geoff a liar, naive maybe, but no billy bullshitter like his source. However, can you imagine a Liverpool manager before or since buying into fergie's shit?

GT- "you'll never believe what ferguson's just told me"

RB,KD etc-"that's right"

GT-"hello? are you there? hello? I think I've been cut off"

I think Twentyman was fed a lie which he repeated in good faith, doesn't make Geoff a liar, naive maybe, but no billy bullshitter like his source. However, can you imagine a Liverpool manager before or since buying into fergie's shit?

GT- "you'll never believe what ferguson's just told me"

RB,KD etc-"that's right"

GT-"hello? are you there? hello? I think I've been cut off"

Well there had to be more in it for Souness & Robinson to fall for it.

As I said Thompson couldn't even say he never said it in his book.

Even taking that into account you do not blow up a player simply because a ball hit you on the nose. Which is what he did to Fowler.

If that happened to you, you'd rightly consider the person a mealy mouthed piece of shit who loved to dish it out but would go running to teacher the minute you stood up to him.

• 2 years later...