You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

McGregor will have a chance in the first 30 seconds only, when he's likely to go apeshit, swinging like a loon in the dog and duck on New years eve after too many babychams.

After that, Mayweather should and probably will, knock him clean out 

McGregor will have a chance in the first 30 seconds only, when he's likely to go apeshit, swinging like a loon in the dog and duck on New years eve after too many babychams.

After that, Mayweather should and probably will, knock him clean out

I bet my life it doesn't go down anything like that.

I guarantee you do

We'll see. I didn't stay up for the Pacquaio fight because it was clear how it would go down. It's not hard to come to the conclusion that this one is even more predictable. I'd love to see Floyd get battered just as much the next man but the only doubts here are about wether he wants to KO McGregor or not.

That said, given the money this is likely to generate, the promoter's will want plenty of mileage out of it, rematch etc.

They will probably dance about for at least 5 rounds to give it a semblance of credibility, then go for it 

Guest Pistonbroke

Press conferences are embarrassing. All the talk is about money.

Two absolute bellends.

Sums it up pretty nicely. Thank fuck for streamers, no way would I pay to watch this shit. 

I dont see what choice he has. He can't really try and box him, he'll get picked off

For what it's worth, I expect that McGregor will be the aggressor for a few rounds whilst landing nothing and getting picked off anyway. Then he'll start blowing out of his arse and at that point it'll end however Mayweather sees fit. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him strut around clearly out pointing McGregor with no real desire to take even the smallest risk by going for the KO.

120-108 on all three cards.

For what it's worth, I expect that McGregor will be the aggressor for a few rounds whilst landing nothing and getting picked off anyway. Then he'll start blowing out of his arse and at that point it'll end however Mayweather sees fit. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him strut around clearly out pointing McGregor with no real desire to take even the smallest risk by going for the KO.

Ive only seen you tube montages of McGregor, good at what he does, but from a boxing perspective he's wide open. What little defence he has, has big enough holes for Mayweather to jump through, let alone get a punch through    

I dont see what choice he has. He can't really try and box him, he'll get picked off

He'll keep his distance and play it cool. He's a very smart fighter, he's not going to lose his head. He will believe his movement, distance and timing will give Floyd problems - and it could. He has a significant size and strength advantage, unshakeable belief in his abilities and a fluid style that Floyd has never encountered. It will take a few rounds, at the least, to work him out.

It may be that McGregor doesn't land a punch, Floyd comes out of his shell and starts laying it on thick. I can see a late stoppage for Mayweather, for sure. I just don't think it's the foregone conclusion everyone is making out. Conor is a really tricky fighter with genuine knockout power, anything could happen. It probably won't, but it could.

100% McGregor wins at least one round.

Guest Pistonbroke

What does this achieve for either sport other than raise cash for both fighters? Sky have already ruined Boxing for the likes of me so they might as well have a hand in it with MMA too.

Be Wayne Rooney V Eubank Jnr next year. 

I really hope Mayweather beats the shit out him.

Why? Just curious.

I don't get the hate for McGregor. Working class, cocky as fuck Irish lad, worked his way up from the very bottom to the point where he's already conquered a sport and is set to be part of the biggest PPV fight of all time (at the ripe old age of 28). I think it's a great story.

I hope he knocks Mayweather clean out in the first round.

• Upvote 1