You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

Its a fucking freak show that has more place under a big top than a boxing ring.

Hope its like the end of Rocky 2 only neither gets up.

$100 for this shit show on PPV  in the States

Fuck that

The fight should not even have been granted a license as its amatuer with 0 amatuer fights against a multiple world champion. Seeing as Nevada decided Tim Sylvia(2x UFC Heavyweight champ) could not fight ray Mercer in a ring because he had no previous boxing experience just show how corrupt the state is

It's a boxing match. Or a 'media event', depending on how you look at it.

If it were an MMA contest, Floyd would last 30 seconds, at most.

I don't think many people give McGregor more than a punchers chance, rightly so, but he is one entertaining motherfucker at this trash talk lark.

I'm reticent to write him off completely, just on the basis that he's a once in a lifetime kind of personality. How amazing would it be if he did somehow manage to win by KO...

• Upvote 2

Its a fucking freak show that has more place under a big top than a boxing ring.

Hope its like the end of Rocky 2 only neither gets up.

$100 for this shit show on PPV in the States

Fuck that

The fight should not even have been granted a license as its amatuer with 0 amatuer fights against a multiple world champion. Seeing as Nevada decided Tim Sylvia(2x UFC Heavyweight champ) could not fight ray Mercer in a ring because he had no previous boxing experience just show how corrupt the state is

Boxing is all about the freak shows.

It's not like McGregor is a complete novice, world class athlete in his own right (in a different sport, granted) and he has the ability to completely fuck Mayweather up if he so chooses. Plus, the fans want to see it more than any other fight in the history of the world.

I'm glad it's going ahead.

It's the most one sided boxing match in history. Mcgregor shouldnt be in the ring with any pro, let alone one of the best about.

Easy money to be made for the smart punters. Judging by Mayweathers odds getting better, there's a lot of stupid fools parting with their cash.

It's going to be fun if you embrace it. If you just ignore it then more fool you. Both conferences I've seen have been funny. McGregor (and fair play to him) is milking it for all he can but he is already right under Mayweathers skin. It was obvious in that Toronto one earlier. I fancied Floyd to do it within a round only because I've boxed and know the difference between someone who hasn't trained as a boxer and who has.... But.... McGregor wont go down lightly and Mayweather isn't a hard puncher. Its getting more intriguing as the days go on. 

• Upvote 1

The stuff he's dropping about maybe just deciding to strangle him or bouncing an elbow off his nose is all to try and get that uncharacteristic split seconds hesitation or anxiety isn't it.

Won't do it of course, but can't be sued for talking about it ahead of the fight and if he can cause any doubt in Mayweather about his intentions then all the better. Sure it won't work but he's having a go at planting the seed.

• Upvote 1

The stuff he's dropping about maybe just deciding to strangle him or bouncing an elbow off his nose is all to try and get that uncharacteristic split seconds hesitation or anxiety isn't it.

Won't do it of course, but can't be sued for talking about it ahead of the fight and if he can cause any doubt in Mayweather about his intentions then all the better. Sure it won't work but he's having a go at planting the seed.

He really is, and he is only gonna get more under it. i'm climbing into the hype. Boxing is shit at the minute. Im not arsed about the actual fight. I just love the spectacle. I was the same with the WWF back when i was a kid. 'figure four leg lock' fuck that I want to see Stone Cold smashing some cunt round the head with a chair backstage. 

The two of them are probably good mates behind the scenes and laugh at all the casuals falling for this bollocks. They're trying to surpass the May vs Pac fights 4.4 million PPV buys. That's why the two of them are up there throwing all these pre rehearsed insults out at each other because their purse is tied to a percentage of the PPV buys.

If the two of them were born in the Wild West Mayweather would be on a carriage selling some snake oil salve to rub on your head to grow your hair back and Conor would appear from the crowd to vouch for the effectiveness of this supposed cure. That's the kind of shit going down here. An epic swindle.

• Upvote 13

The two of them are probably good mates behind the scenes and laugh at all the casuals falling for this bollocks. They're trying to surpass the May vs Pac fights 4.4 million PPV buys. That's why the two of them are up there throwing all these pre rehearsed insults out at each other because their purse is tied to a percentage of the PPV buys.

If the two of them were born in the Wild West Mayweather would be on a carriage selling some snake oil salve to rub on your head to grow your hair back and Conor would appear from the crowd to vouch for the effectiveness of this supposed cure. That's the kind of shit going down here. An epic swindle.

If they were born in the Wild West I would suggest that Mayweather might have some other more pressing issues.

• Upvote 6

Prizefighters in 'selling the fight' shocker.