You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So avoiding that they are actually lies? No poll in Putney despite Lib-Dems claiming (sorry lying) that they did? 

How did you fail so miserably as an MP SD?

"Liar, hypocrite, Deflector, disingenuous, sleazy hobby, dishonest, cries when challenged" That sums up pretty much every Tory MP and most Lib Dems right now. And of course, you. 

You can never just hold your hands up and say "yeah, they lied about that. Bit dodgy". 

It doesn't claim that there's been a YouGov poll in Putney. It says "YouGov polling for Putney" and provides the source for the figures: Flavible.

It's clumsily worded - it would be more accurate to say "YouGov polling applied to Putney" - but once you understand that Flavible uses YouGov's polling to arrive at its projections, then it's hard to try and paint it as some kind of lie.

I still don't know what you mean about failing as an MP, sorry. I've never been an MP, I've never stood to be an MP.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Whats so "fucking hell" about it? 

It’s a quote that he concocted so he could then say he would be proud if a leader who said it: a quote which has nothing to do with what was being spoken about. Guess what, I also want a leader who ‘wouldn’t like’ to indiscriminately kill people. Brilliant stuff. Entirely besides the point.

These threads are a total waste of time these days. Almost everything here Is now a parrotting if twitter or YouTube. Some of the stuff posted by Ardja is practically verbatim of something he has watched others say in YouTube. Including the obtuse portrayal of Britain’s foreign policy history which is, aside from being inaccurate, is irrelevant to the point. The ability for people to think for themselves rather than regurgitate shit has dropped so fucking dramatically over the last five years, it’s fucking horrible to watch. Group think is fucking real. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Some of the stuff posted by Ardja is practically verbatim of something he has watched others say in YouTube.

That’s not very nice and a bit uncalled for. It’s my honest opinion, and I’m more than happy for you to disagree with it without getting personal Numero, because I’ve always been respectful to other posters (or tried to anyway).

Just now, viRdjil said:

That’s not very nice and a bit uncalled for. It’s my honest opinion, and I’m more than happy for you to disagree with it without getting personal Numero, because I’ve always been respectful to other posters.

I disagree that it’s uncalled for, it’s my honest view of what you posted. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I disagree that it’s uncalled for, it’s my honest view of what you posted. 

It’s more an accusation than an opinion IMHO. I barely watch YouTube other than for football compilations these days. Even if somehow that’s true, just play the ball rather than the man. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

These threads are a total waste of time these days. Almost everything here Is now a parrotting if twitter or YouTube. Some of the stuff posted by Ardja is practically verbatim of something he has watched others say in YouTube. Including the obtuse portrayal of Britain’s foreign policy history which is, aside from being inaccurate, is irrelevant to the point. The ability for people to think for themselves rather than regurgitate shit has dropped so fucking dramatically over the last five years, it’s fucking horrible to watch. Group think is fucking real. 

What makes your opinions more valid than others? That post is right up its own arse NV. 

The bold bit - Erm care to elaborate? 

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It doesn't claim that there's been a YouGov poll in Putney. It says "YouGov polling for Putney" and provides the source for the figures: Flavible.

It's clumsily worded - it would be more accurate to say "YouGov polling applied to Putney" - but once you understand that Flavible uses YouGov's polling to arrive at its projections, then it's hard to try and paint it as some kind of lie.

I still don't know what you mean about failing as an MP, sorry. I've never been an MP, I've never stood to be an MP.

Its lies SD. Not clumsily worded at all. Its purposely aiming to fool the reader into believing something that is false. That is lies. 

Sorry, nothing personal, but it is. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

But that's not what they want people to do/understand is it. It's a flash message designed to mislead.

"Clumsily worded". Kinell SD, that's up there with the the tories line of blaming some kid for the video editing.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its lies SD. Not clumsily worded at all. Its purposely aiming to fool the reader into believing something that is false. That is lies. 

Sorry, nothing personal, but it is. 

I don't know how you can claim it's false. Surely only time will tell how accurate the projection is.

Worth noting that these projections do fit in with actual constituency polls done elsewhere in London which show Lib Dems leading in places where they finished third in 2017.

6 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

But that's not what they want people to do/understand is it. It's a flash message designed to mislead.

Can you really mislead people into believing something that is true?

Just so you know, I'll be bumping these posts when Labour finish third in Putney.

Labour won't finish 3rd in Putney.

The more people are seeing and hearing Swinson the more they are turning away from the Lib Dems. Even some Lib Dem canvassers have been mortified at the leaflet tactic and are asking them to stop. Swinson is good for Labour - the more she opens her gob and shows she's only interested in her personal ambition, the worse it is for the Lib Dems.

She's a massive loon who looks to have serious personality disorders.  You'd be worried for her mental state after this election.

• Downvote 1