You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Audiobooks

Sugar Ape

7 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Another start of the month another credit on Auduble. Starting on Stephen King's Under the Dome tomorrow. Having recently listened to Fairy Tale and The Stand I cannot fucking wait. 

Is there any way of earning additional Audible credits? 

If you go into your purchases section you can see if you are able to return any books. You can do it with books you've read, but only those purchased within a year. Don't abuse it too much though as Amazon can withdraw the option.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

Time will tell.

I have no trouble focusing if I am sitting down to listen to it or doing various chores around the house, but on walks, when driving or in public transport I have to make an effort not to drift away occasionally.

Surprisingly, I find it easier not to lose concentration with non-fiction audio books.

1 hour ago, Torvald Utne said:

Started listening to audiobooks to help me sleep (pain in the arse rewinding to the last bit you remember in the morning though)

Been listening to the expanse series by James S.A. Corey. On the 4th book now and just found out there's a TV series of 6 seasons which I'll be watching at some point.

That must hurt and the sound quality I imagine is very echoey.

10 hours ago, SasaS said:

I have no trouble focusing if I am sitting down to listen to it or doing various chores around the house, but on walks, when driving or in public transport I have to make an effort not to drift away occasionally.

Surprisingly, I find it easier not to lose concentration with non-fiction audio books.

The only time I don’t drift is when i’m decorating, no idea why. I love the idea of them but they don’t really work for me unfortunately 

• 8 months later...

Stalling for time - 8/10. Non-fiction book about an FBI negotiators career over 30 years. Talks about developing methods, training and then putting them into practise. He was at Waco, so negotiating with Koresh is a featured part of the book, but there are other stands offs at prisons, militia compounds, trains and cabins. It’s very good stuff. Only downsides are too pro law enforcement and too much about career rivals, but you’d expect that in a book like this.

• Upvote 1