You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EURO 2012

sir roger

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ukraine's No10 looks a tidy player doesn't he?! Some good interplay by the Ukrainians, and it's refreshing to see a team willing to go for it from the off. Ukraine have done well in terms of tempo and drive, but just lack that killer touch. The Swedes have been OK in patches, and Ibrahimovic has had his moments, including one long-range shot which went for a throw in. Youtube users in the UK see stuff like that in a Zlatan highlights reel all the time.

I think Hodge Podge has a master plan to qualify from the group stage with 3 draws and then it's penalties all the way to the final

That Voronin looks a good player I think we shoud sign him, if only he had a ponytail he would really look the part

God result for Roy.Stevie G was immense. Henderson played well. GJ was great going forward, and poor defensively.

It really is true what people say on here about you not having clue about football , did you even watch the match ? how on earth was Johnson poor defensivly ? honestly how ?

Its just a fashionable thing to say about him regardless of how he actually plays with some clueless morons.

Good game, and Ukraine deserved the win. They were very positive in their approach and their entire front six performed superbly. Shevchenko rolled back the years and showed that he still has the awareness and movement to be a threat. Voronin delivered a performance that reminded me of the 8-0 game against Besiktas where he was extremely sharp and productive.

Sweden, though they didn't show it today, are a more attacking outfit than in the tedious Lagerback years and could still pose an attacking threat in their remaining games.

Is '15 bodies' another exaggeration? I couldn't give a shit about England, but a small part of me was happy that Stevie capitalised on that gobshite's mistake to assist with a goal. I fucking despise that odious prick.

Hopefully Luis can rip that cunt to shreds next season.

BBC Sport - Euro 2012: England played like Chelsea, says Patrice Evra

Patrice Evra admitted his France side had been left frustrated by England's tactics during the 1-1 draw in the opening Euro 2012 Group D game.

The Manchester United full-back claimed it was like watching Chelsea's Champions League semi-final rearguard action against Barcelona.

Evra said: "I think we played much better than England, but in the end it was a draw and we are a bit frustrated.

"They played in the way that Chelsea played against Barcelona."

Joleon Lescott gave England the lead but Manchester City team-mate Samir Nasri equalised to ensure both teams take a point into their second games in Group D.

"At times it was like there were 15 bodies on the pitch," continued the 31-year-old.

"People laugh and maybe they want England to play more football, but if they win the tournament playing like that, they will be happy."

France coach Laurent Blanc said his side will have to start better in their remaining group games.

"England were excellent for the first 20 minutes," he said. "We took a while to get into the game and, as ever, we were punished.

"Perhaps it was inexperience but we didn't start the game as we'd hoped to. Had we not reacted we could have lost this game.

"I hope that doesn't happen again. In the next game, we have to get into it right from the outset."

Nasri, who was awarded the man-of-the-match award, was delighted to have beaten his Manchester City team-mate Joe Hart with a 20-yard equaliser six minutes before the break.

"When Franck Ribery gave me the ball, the England defence was sitting back," said Nasri.

"I decided to take a shot but Joe Hart knows me from Manchester City and knows that in that situation, I normally open my foot. This time I closed it a little bit so I am happy with how it worked out."

Nasri celebrated scoring by putting his finger to his lips, with press and Twitter speculating about who the gesture was aimed at.

"It's between him and his critics," said Blanc. "It's a personal thing, I don't want to get involved. He was happy to have scored a goal. You'll have to ask him to whom it was addressed."