You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Really good, NV.

The hate directed towards FSG is a little odd. Sure they are not chucking millions at the problem but people are constantly claiming they don't want a sugar daddy. The process they are undertaking is going to take time; it's not a quick fix. Only a lot of money would achieve that.

The notion that not knowing football is a hindrance is a strange one. They don't need to. As plenty of recent owners have proven.

What about the enormous grey area between FSG and a "Sugar Daddy"?

The two standard defences of FSG seems to -

"Well you didn't want a Sugar Daddy"

or

"They saved us, out of the goodness of their hearts. For fuck sake, we had Hicks and Gill..."

Its such a weak argument to pigeonhole owners into about three different types. As either a defence or an attack on them.

And they may not need to know about football, but they need to employ some people that do.

It's true - they argued there was no value in the January market, then sanctioned the coutinho and sturridge deals 12 months later.

Anyway, even if i concede that half point they're still on a pretty poor 4/10.

There can be no value in one window and plenty in another, that's how it works.

I was wondering which mong would take that out of context and pretend I said it as a statement. Congrats. Unfortunately, I had Trucker Paddy in the sweeps.

Wait, so it's only OK for you to misrepresent what others are saying?

Typical behaviour from Thatcher's child

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Wait, so it's only OK for you to misrepresent what others are saying?

Typical behaviour from Thatcher's child

Brilliant.

I dont understand why people are accusing others of wanting a sugar daddy when we've yet to spend anything this year.

Carroll £17m, Shelvey £6m, Carra's wages off the books.

Aspas £7.5m, Alberto £7m, Mignolet £9m, Toure's wages.

With Spearing and others yet to go, and the heavily increased TV money, we should have around £35-40m yet to spend - before Suarez leaves.

I think we'll most probably bring in two top quality players. If we don't though, there'll be no excuses. We have the time, the budget and the scouting system.

about as good a reply those comments deserved. maybe even too good.

if you mean a member of the Liverpool FC supporters union then yeah' date=' that's me.

there are no heroes in a yank hedge fund[/quote']

The way you go about disagreeing with people does no favour for the Union you've defended and promoted. I asked as I thought your response to LFD was harsh and illustrates the way you deal with all opinions you don't like. It should therefore come as no surprise that you put more people off the union than you get to join or support.

Pathetic retort.

You do understand the difference between a 'dig' at somebody and an opinion on somebody's post, right?

Your retort was pathetic, because it either misrepresented what I said or degraded the discussion to a moronic foundation.

I explained this in the same bloody post, coherently and sensibly. Stop being so sensitive. I think you've spent too much time arguing with FFers.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You do understand the difference between a 'dig' at somebody and an opinion on somebody's post, right?

I highly doubt it, FEG.

The way you go about disagreeing with people does no favour for the Union you've defended and promoted. I asked as I thought your response to LFD was harsh and illustrates the way you deal with all opinions you don't like. It should therefore come as no surprise that you put more people off the union than you get to join or support.

I'm not here to promote anything. If you base your decisions on whether to support or join anything, on who posts what on an internet forum then, well, hahaha really.

I found LFD's 'opinions' insulting to the intelligence. I felt compelled to respond in kind.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm not here to promote anything. If you base your decisions on whether to support or join anything, on who posts what on an internet forum then, well, hahaha really.

I found LFD's 'opinions' insulting to the intelligence. I felt compelled to respond in kind.

This probably isn't the place to post it, but considering I'm too lazy to dig up an SoS post, do you (or anybody else) have membership numbers for the union from over the last few years?

I'm not here to promote anything. If you base your decisions on whether to support or join anything' date=' on who posts what on an internet forum then, well, hahaha really.

I found LFD's 'opinions' insulting to the intelligence. I felt compelled to respond in kind.[/quote']

Worratit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
no, why?

I know SoS had a very strong supporter base when they were rebelling against H+G, I was just wondering if they'd managed to retain a large portion of that paying membership or not.

I'm not here to promote anything. If you base your decisions on whether to support or join anything' date=' on who posts what on an internet forum then, well, hahaha really.

I found LFD's 'opinions' insulting to the intelligence. I felt compelled to respond in kind.[/quote']

I'm just pointing out how the world works my angry friend.

With Coro now the unofficial sales rep for SoS, I'd say no.

remember that thread you started trying to get people to pay up to use the forum and then you preceded to pretty much insult everyone who replied. that was great.

FWIW & FYI things have never been that bad where I've had to consider joining the army

the world revolves around comments on an internet forum? what? angry? are you OK?

You have any idea how commonplace use of the Internet is? And that people read and make up their minds about subjects by taking in to account they types of person supporting things? And that Liverpool supporters on a Liverpool forum might read the rants of a supporter of SOS and think, fuck that? As you don't seem to understand that you might be doing the things you believe in some harm, I thought I'd patronise you by pointing it out.