You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

One of my best mates supports Newcastle, actually doesn't mind Ashley. Mainly because he cleared the club's debt.

Lerner spent fuckloads to start with. Unfortunately it was O'Neill doing the spending.

Would expect your mates in the minority now what with the current situation re Pardew/Kinear, no new signings etc. Whatever Lerner spent pales compared to the funds FSG spent when they took over and the wage cuts and reductions at Villa make what FSG are doing seem generous.

FSG may be short on risk taking ambition but they're no where near as bad as many think.

You're a bad mong if you think that's actually how this deal worked.

Chelsea: "Okay, we'll pay £50m for Torres but we're not going any higher than that."

Liverpool: "Oh hang on a minute lads, Newcastle are only asking £10m for Carroll now so just give us £25m for Torres and that'll do it."

Or maybe FSG really are a bunch of even bigger mongs than you (they'd have to be to negotiate a deal in such a unbelievably fucking stupid manner).

If this is how it happened of course I'd have to agree, but distorting facts and figures with the aim of crafting a stick to beat a legend like Kenny with doesn't make your statement any more factual, just a bit more snide.

Would expect your mates in the minority now what with the current situation re Pardew/Kinear, no new signings etc. Whatever Lerner spent pales compared to the funds FSG spent when they took over and the wage cuts and reductions at Villa make what FSG are doing seem generous.

FSG may be short on risk taking ambition but they're no where near as bad as many think.

Yeah, he's pretty fucked off now. Although his lowering of expectations would impress even the biggest fan of FSG.

Regarding Lerner, to be fair, they are Aston Villa.

I guess you can't really compare the various owners because every club will have completely different aspirations and expectations.

I don't trust any of them.

If this is how it happened of course I'd have to agree, but distorting facts and figures with the aim of crafting a stick to beat a legend like Kenny with doesn't make your statement any more factual, just a bit more snide.

Kenny will always be a legend and my second favourite ever Red, but he never asked for, or expected, a free pass with the manager's position.

His ring rustiness was cruelly exposed, his failure to secure managing work before or after telling.

They are clueless, but I don't believe they're asset strippers and they've had their fingers burned with some very, very bad transfer business. Rabbits in headlights. Yanks in general just don't get the sport.

Another good summary.

The tour attendances show they don't need to do anything

We've not won the league for 2 decades yet we get that, we've got a 28000 waiting list

They've done the stuff Moores should of done in terms of revenue streams and sponsorship but again we're standing still

They are clueless, but I don't believe they're asset strippers and they've had their fingers burned with some very, very bad transfer business. Rabbits in headlights. Yanks in general just don't get the sport.

How is football different to any other sport? Hire a good manger/coach, get good players and away you go. Do Malcolm Glazer or Sheik Mansour get football any more than FSG? My guess is no, they don't. Glazer lucked into a brilliant manager and Mansour has lots of money.

You are right about them being burned by shoddy transfer dealings, and now being apparently gunshy, but that could happen in any sport. For me, this is the crux of their problem. Not any perceived lack of football knowledge.

But the nature of football is you get burned in the market you go again, you don't fucking throw the cheque book in the bin

There's plenty of examples of other clubs fucking up but they go again, Veron at United for one

Agreed. I just don't think it's a football specific thing.

FSG are doing a good job, anyone who says otherwise is just talking crap.

Could they do more? Of course. But let's remember before we got new owners we wanted owners who would allow our manager to spend what we earn, like they have done. We didn't want sugar daddies, we just wanted stability. Look at the squad now to the squad they inherited with Ngog, Soto, Cole, Jovanovic, Poulsen, Konchesky, Degan, Aquilani etc.

Some of our fans act like spoilt brats. We nearly didn't have a club, they are nothing like the last two America owners. Just because they are American they get treated like they are inept, which is just not true.

I like their plan, I think we are progressing under them and they have given the club stability, they have backed our managers in the transfer market and I have very few issues with them.

I also don't understand our fans. How come we go out of our way to be loyal to our players and our managers, yet we love sticking the knives into our owners? I back our owners just like our managers and players as they are part of our club, unless they are inept or stripping the club or hindering the club, I will support the owners, especially while we are progressing under them, on and off the field. Yes the table needs to improve, but they don't buy the players, they don't do the tactics etc - the managers job is to improve the results. But they are giving plenty of resource for him to do that and the squad progression since they have joined shows that!

Time to cut them some slack.

Edited by LFD

Anyone who says FSG are doing a good job are talking crap.

I didn't say that.

I said:

"FSG are doing a good job, anyone who says otherwise is just talking crap."

The next set of high earners will be out the door next, Johnson will go once Kelly proves his fitness

They're doing it on the cheap and you wont get 4th on the cheap.

They gave Suarez, Agger, Skrtel all big pay rises. They are getting rid of the players who were on wages far higher than what they were producing on the field.

They haven't sold any of our big players, Torres is the only player who went under their time and they had no choice in that as a clause was put in his contract before they arrived.

You can get top four with our strategy. Look at Dortmund and we spend more than then I'd imagine!

Everyone needs to stop moaning at FSG, they aren't the problem and they are doing a good job.

They gave Suarez, Agger, Skrtel all big pay rises. They are getting rid of the players who were on wages far higher than what they were producing on the field.

They haven't sold any of our big players, Torres is the only player who went under their time and they had no choice in that as a clause was put in his contract before they arrived.

You can get top four with our strategy. Look at Dortmund and we spend more than then I'd imagine!

Everyone needs to stop moaning at FSG, they aren't the problem and they are doing a good job.

Don't confuse doing a better job than the previous texans with doing a good job.

You need to wind it in .

Don't confuse doing a better job than the previous texans with doing a good job.

You need to wind it in .

No people giving FSG stick need to wind it in, not me.

You can get top four with our strategy.

No you can't and we are not progressing at all and we are not getting any closer to Top 4.

Look at Dortmund and we spend more than then I'd imagine!

We are not Dortmund, EPL is not Bundesliga and Rodgers is not Jurgen Klopp.

It's called freedom of speech. FSG are the worst owners in the league, they are disgusting.

Kenny is a diplomatic man and probably wanted to keep his job. He wouldn't lower himself to begging for funds via the media.

True, but he isn't one for talking bollocks just for the sake of it. He was also pissed about the media speculating after he had said there would not be any dealings in the last few days of the same window.

This season is certainly going to be make or break. Another year standing still and we can all play the blame game all day long but the reality will be its another year under them we're we've failed.

If we at least strongly challenge for a top 4 spot(i.e. right in it till the end) it'll at least prove we're on an some what of an upward trajectory.

I think the best way of ensuring we do that is to invest in the squad which hopefully we will see more of.

No you can't and we are not progressing at all and we are not getting any closer to Top 4.

We are not Dortmund, EPL is not Bundesliga and Rodgers is not Jurgen Klopp.

It's called freedom of speech. FSG are the worst owners in the league, they are disgusting.

Look at the squads before FSG and now, it is significantly better - so they must be doing something right. It is not their job to get results, it is their job to back managers and give us stability - two things they have done.

I don't know enough about all the other owners in the league, but FSG are doing a good job.

Look at all the contract extensions they have given to our best players, young and old - with pay rises.

Look at the amounts Rodgers and Dalglish have had to spend since they have been here, they have had plenty of resources to help us progress, not their fault if the managers buy poor players like both manager have done (Carroll, Downing, Allen, Borini, Sahin - for example).

We seem to be growing commercially getting more deals off the pitch.

The problem with our fans is they are never happy, they are always looking for someone to blame, they saw they were American to start with and decided they were evil because the last owners were.

Our fans can be right, ungrateful cunts at times. Just imagine if we didn't get FSG where would the club be now? Just imagine if we got new owners like Hicks / Gillett? Just imagine if we had owners who were asset stripping us.

We've got stability, our managers our getting enough funds to improve our team, our best players all have long contracts, they have not sold any of our best players - I really don't get why they are getting criticism!

Suarez wants to go, so it is FSG's fault? If Suarez goes, then it because he wants to go, nothing to do with FSG. Rodgers and Dalglish are to blame as much as anyone for not achieving top four, not FSG.

I'm sick of our fans bumping up this topic whenever we get a bad result in the league, Suarez wants to go or something else happens that's bad, which they have nothing to do with.

I'm happy we have a club, we have stability, our manager gets funds to buys players, we are investing in youth, we have got better scouts, we seem to be buying the next stars, as without Champs League football we can;t attract the big name so we have little choice to do anything else.

Yet people will continue to slag off FSG with very little reason. It's unjust!

This season is certainly going to be make or break. Another year standing still and we can all play the blame game all day long but the reality will be its another year under them we're we've failed.

If we at least strongly challenge for a top 4 spot(i.e. right in it till the end) it'll at least prove we're on an some what of an upward trajectory.

I think the best way of ensuring we do that is to invest in the squad which hopefully we will see more of.

So if we don't get top four it is their fault? Yet they don't sign the players, they don't choose the team, they don't decide the tactics, they don't motivate the players... again, that is unjust criticism.

As long as Rodgers have enough funds to improve the squad and support him, they are doing their job.