You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny's future

Nathanzx

Kenny's future  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Kenny's future

• I want KK to continue as manager and to be given cash to spend as he pleases
    • I want KK to continue as manager but DC to have more input on how the cash is spent
    • I would give Kenny one more season to achieve CL, if not he can go
    • I would let Kenny stay on as manager as long as he likes regardless of results
    • I would move him upstairs at the end of the season and get a new coach in to start a new project
    • I would sack him immediately, we have to be ruthless and stop living in the past

Houllier and Benitez had 5 fucking years for fucks sake!

What did we learn after 5 years?

Perhaps that 5 years is too big a period to give unsuccessful managers?

For every year we regress, the opposition grow stronger.

This is the crux of it, no more free rides for 5 years. We can all see this isn't going well, we won't need to see much more to call this one.

Harsh? Yes, welcome to the real world sucka. We're talking about far too much money now for us to presume or hope for improvements, we have to see something tangible to see it's working, not live on a wing and a prayer, it's fucking nonsense to run a club like that.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we learn after 5 years?

Perhaps that 5 years is too big a period to give unsuccessful managers?

For every year we regress, the opposition grow stronger.

This is the crux of it, no more free rides for 5 years. We can all see this isn't going well, we won't need to see much more to call this one.

Harsh? Yes, welcome to the real world sucka. We're talking about far too much money now for us to presume or hope for improvements, we have to see something tangible to see it's working, not live on a wing and a prayer, it's fucking nonsense to run a club like that.

I bet a year ago you wanted AVB, be honest

Shit thread and poll. No need.

Our performances have been largely good. If we'd been converting our chances into goals this thread wouldn't be here. Unfortunately we're fucking shit at scoring goals so what the question should be is how we're going to coach our attacking players into hitting the target. Advocating getting rid of Dalglish does not solve the problem. Is there such a thing as a striking coach? If we've got one he needs shooting and boiling down into glue.

Oh yeah, and drop Charlie Adam. And give the rest of them a fucking slap.

The league campaign has obviously been very, very disappointing. Much of it, is down to the failure in the transfer market this last summer, and of course throwing away £35m in January 2011. But there are positives aswell. Kenny certainly has the right idea about the football he wants us to play. We have played well in the vast majority of games this season, dominating possession, chances created and with an attacking intent. We've outplayed the best sides in this league on home turf, the results havent been what we've wanted but that is down to a lack of quality in the final third, and not the managers tactics.

The fact that we never get any runners into the box is down to the coaching and the tactics.

We see the midefielders lining up around the edge of the box looking to pick up scraps, and no fucker in the middle trying to get on the end of things.

If we play a lone striker it's imperative that midfielders get into the box, and we just don't do that.

As well as that, KK has gone for the classic, but outdated, little and large strikers, which works about as well as a sinclair c5 in this day and age.

I love KK, but his tactical nous has shown to be lacking.

Guest San Don
Some of our fans have got Chelsea syndrome I see, pathetic we've had 3 managers in 20 months fuckin 3 and this one won a trophy 13 days ago 13 fuckin days, our 1st in 6 years

Is the right answer.

OK we didnt play well by all accounts today but some people are going into knee jerk mode because of it.

Some people need to grow a pair and calm down.

Shit thread and poll. No need.

Our performances have been largely good. If we'd been converting our chances into goals this thread wouldn't be here. Unfortunately we're fucking shit at scoring goals so what the question should be is how we're going to coach our attacking players into hitting the target. Advocating getting rid of Dalglish does not solve the problem. Is there such a thing as a striking coach? If we've got one he needs shooting and boiling down into glue.

Oh yeah, and drop Charlie Adam. And give the rest of them a fucking slap.

I thought he was alright today and I didn't agree with him being substituted. bellamy, henderson and kuyt were all worse but dirk was kept on. spearing played well first half but went for a few too many long balls second half. colbeck was probably the best midfielder on the pitch today. have to remember as well sunderland were without their two best players cattermole and sessegnon as well.

Really ???

I'd have said the opposite is the case based on the last 20 years ,unless you mean "4th in the league is our bread and butter" .The league hasn't been our bread and butter since Kenny was here originally.

And I must say ,the attitude you display with your easily win a up or two comment says a lot about you

jesus christ,we've become newcastle

clubs and teams are rightly judged on their league position. over 38 games it is as good a barometer of how good a team is or is not. Quite simply the best team wins the league & the worst team gets relegated.

The primary aim for this football club should always be win our domestic league title. Unfortunately the cash cow of Champions League football has somewhat diluted peoples views of what is success & failure. Somehow over the last 10 years coming 4th has seemingly become a target. That is purely down to our incompetence in the league of the years.

Now we aren't even good enough to get the so called booby prize. In fact right now we are miles behind it. Cup wins are great but on their own they are nothing. Middlesbrough & Portsmouth have won domestic cups in recent years what are they up to now?

Winning the league is probably out of reach next season too but if we aim any lower then all we will ever get is mediocrity. We haven't won the league for 20 years out of choice, we've just not been good enough. The hunger, desire, will to win and ruthlessness hasn't been there from top to bottom in the club. We've slid as a club and we've let our standards slide.

Right now we are no better than Villa. A club that once won the European cup but currently has no hope of winning their domestic league & competing with Europe's best again.

Always been in red I think.

As for the thread itself, the OP he's asking a serious question.

Would you trust Kenny with more signings?

I don't.

Yes I would trust him. Not every signing is going to be a Suarez. I'm not happy that we paid so much for some of our other players, but they are young (with the exception of Downing and Adam). This is a project (not in the lame AVB way) that will take some time under an experienced manager. It's those same signings who played 13 days ago at Wembley. Again, not the best performance, but everyone signed by Kenny had to play a part in order for us to get to that point.

The record this year isn't great, but we've won a cup and are still in another. You could argue that we've competed in the competitions we had a chance of winning.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham have had poor patches, but all but one of them will qualify for the champions league.

It's all disappointing, but I'm numb to it.

I bet a year ago you wanted AVB, be honest

Hmmmm, not really. He interested me but he did always just seem like a Mourinho tribute act.

I honestly can't remember who I wanted, I just wanted Hodgson out, anyone would have done, but not Kenny, no need to do that.

Long term I just wanted someone with a vision and someone with balls to stand up to the club darlings. I was tempted by Rijkaard.

So this thread is embarrassing but the complete moving of the goalposts from last years expectations is not? Europa league has gone from a distraction to something to be happy about. Top 4 finish has gone from all but guaranteed to being as far away as ever. Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea have gone from being found out to still being better than us. Remember everybody saying play the kids in the cup competitions so the first team could concentrate on the league?

I thought he was alright today and I didn't agree with him being substituted. bellamy, henderson and kuyt were all worse but dirk was kept on. spearing played well first half but went for a few too many long balls second half. colbeck was probably the best midfielder on the pitch today. have to remember as well sunderland were without their two best players cattermole and sessegnon as well.

Adam played a few long balls today which were aimed at nothing, there literally was no one anywhere near where he hit it. I noticed Spearing do it once or twice too but thats not supposed to be his specialty.

So this thread is embarrassing but the complete moving of the goalposts from last years expectations is not? Europa league has gone from a distraction to something to be happy about. Top 4 finish has gone from all but guaranteed to being as far away as ever. Spurs, Arsenal, and Chelsea have gone from being found out to still being better than us. Remember everybody saying play the kids in the cup competitions so the first team could concentrate on the league?

Is right,Best post of the day that mate,

But we didn't play all the kids in the cup competition. Kenny fielded first team after first team for every away game in the Carling and against City in the semi-finals, I don't recall if there were any kids picked for that. He took the competitions seriously, as I would expect him to. The senior players may have had too many outings, but the fact that we can't convert our scoring chances has been the problem all season long.

Adam played a few long balls today which were aimed at nothing, there literally was no one anywhere near where he hit it. I noticed Spearing do it once or twice too but thats not supposed to be his specialty.

can't remember him giving the ball away much but I'm not doubting you. Adams set pieces in particular have been a big let down this season. he did put in at least one decent corner today which went right across goal and no one got on the end of it but there was yet another free kick from the right that he didn't get off the ground. he did however win nearly everything in the air in the middle of the park today and I think we would have benefitted more from him staying on with gerrard further forward.

Not having a go at spearing either as he was one of our best players.

£100m is enough for any great manager to get CL qualification as a bare minimum.

We need a great manager, not a good one, or a legendary one. And that man needs full control. If we can't do that then there's no point in even trying.

Consistently under performing displays are the managers fault, in any sport, full stop. There may be other factors at play behind the scenes, but Kenny is definitely still a factor.