You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny's future

Nathanzx

Kenny's future  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Kenny's future

• I want KK to continue as manager and to be given cash to spend as he pleases
    • I want KK to continue as manager but DC to have more input on how the cash is spent
    • I would give Kenny one more season to achieve CL, if not he can go
    • I would let Kenny stay on as manager as long as he likes regardless of results
    • I would move him upstairs at the end of the season and get a new coach in to start a new project
    • I would sack him immediately, we have to be ruthless and stop living in the past

about 99% of wanted to give the King a go last season and he delivered immediately, the Liverpool haters said we got the results because there was no pressure and the man was a dinosaur

in terms of pride, integrity and love for the club there is no match for the King but as a football coach this season perhaps has exposed him somewhat, particularly his signings

so we either commit to giving him a few years to sort things out or get a new man in

I personally love the guy but don't think he is the right man for us

anyway I'd like to see what the general consensus is as today has certainly made it clear we won't get CL, we have won 2 of 11, lost three straight for the first time in 10 years and are 6 points above 15th - all that after we spent a shedload in the summer

on the positive side, Kenny and DC removed a lot of deadwood, have us playing the right way (most of the time) and won the Carling Cup, Kenny also stands up for the club in the media, he lives and breathes the club unlike that utter embarrassment Hodgson

weighing all that up I want people to say how they see his future

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legend as a player and a manager, and as a man for his role in the aftermath of Hillsborough, but I picked move him upstairs. I just can't understand why we've gone to playing such turgid football, when compared to the way we started under Kenny's second spell.

Also, great teams that win normally have a philosophy and style about their play. We don't have this. If we are going to be realistic, we are about 2-3 years away from being regular challengers, if not longer. I'd bring somebody in who can create that philosophy in this period of time. I'd like Benitez back but don't think that will happen, maybe somebody like Klopp, Bielsa or even Rodgers from Swansea.

Regardless of who the manager is - 2 wins from 11 league games is horrendous. Blackburn have more points than us in 2012 - and they are fighting relegation.

It is simply unacceptable. Rafa and Ged were handed the bullet for less i'd imagine.

Tonight is not the night to make statements, or vote on a silly poll - its a night to get a little depressed and drink beer until i feel better. So that's exactly what im going to do.

This threads going to go down like a lead balloon.

But anyway for myself personally, I've said it for months now...he has to continue for another season anyway.

That doesn't mean I think everythings rosey, but we have played some good stuff this year. We just can't find the fucking net.

But we need to enhance the first team. The owners have to ensure we spend a decent amount of money on quality, be it our money or theirs. It simply has to be spent and spent properly.

If we don't I'm almost certain we'll struggle to break into the top 4 next year too. But I reckon Stevie Wonder can see that coming.

Edit: Oh yeah, and drop Charlie fucking Adam

Legend as a player and a manager, and as a man for his role in the aftermath of Hillsborough, but I picked move him upstairs. I just can't understand why we've gone to playing such turgid football, when compared to the way we started under Kenny's second spell.

Also, great teams that win normally have a philosophy and style about their play. We don't have this. If we are going to be realistic, we are about 2-3 years away from being regular challengers, if not longer. I'd bring somebody in who can create that philosophy in this period of time. I'd like Benitez back but don't think that will happen, maybe somebody like Klopp, Bielsa or even Rodgers from Swansea.

Out of all the things that concern me the most about this team, this is the most worrying.

Our football is every one run around and look busy, there is no flowing football, no one touch passing. i seriously cant remeber the last time we gave Suarez a proper ball to run in on. The reason he is'nt scoring much is he is living off scraps, that's why he has to try those mad dribbles nearly every game.

I guarantee you now. if it was International week this week and Suarez went to play for Uruguay. He would receive better quality balls in one game than he has had here all season.

Guest San Don
Regardless of who the manager is - 2 wins from 11 league games is horrendous. Blackburn have more points than us in 2012 - and they are fighting relegation.

It is simply unacceptable. Rafa and Ged were handed the bullet for less i'd imagine.

Tonight is not the night to make statements, or vote on a silly poll - its a night to get a little depressed and drink beer until i feel better. So that's exactly what im going to do.

Houllier and Benitez had 5 fucking years for fucks sake!

depends how you see it. last season we finished 6th with 58 points. I don' think we'll improve on that this season so does winning the carling cup excuse a league season that is worse than a poor league season last year?

Personally I think we need to see improvement in league position at least every year. really the minimum should be 5th this season. I'd settle for 6th and the carling cup. below 6th and the 2 cups I could live with but the league has to be the priority next season. if we are to ever win the fucking thing again we need to start getting the mindset that we need to win at least 70% of our league matches until we learn and start to put this into practice we'll still be counting the years since our last league win. I hope Kenny is the man to do this but successful cup runs don't equal league titles the following season.

sick of being a cup team.

Fuck off. Its way too early to be thinking of replacing him.

He'll get another season but the worry is he could easily take us backwards and further into mid-table mediocrity. We could easily win another cup or two but the league is our 'bread & butter'. The last 3 seasons simply are nowhere near Liverpool standards. They will be in future though.

Yet again its another absolutely massive summer. Kenny absolutely has to get it right otherwise he'll be sacked by new year 2013

People don't want to win cups? Ok. "Compete" in the CL every year (but never win it). Sounds an awful lot like Arsenal. They will probably finish 3rd or 4th this year too. So that's another CL contest for them.

I like winning cups. I would also like to win the league. I've always thought that this rebuilding project would take about two-three years, considering how much turmoil the club has been through. That's being realistic. Never thought we'd win a cup along the way though, regardless of how little stock you put in it. I see it as a positive.

He'll get another season but the worry is he could easily take us backwards and further into mid-table mediocrity. We could easily win another cup or two but the league is our 'bread & butter'. The last 3 seasons simply are nowhere near Liverpool standards. They will be in future though.

Yet again its another absolutely massive summer. Kenny absolutely has to get it right otherwise he'll be sacked by new year 2013

Really ???

I'd have said the opposite is the case based on the last 20 years ,unless you mean "4th in the league is our bread and butter" .The league hasn't been our bread and butter since Kenny was here originally.

And I must say ,the attitude you display with your easily win a up or two comment says a lot about you

jesus christ,we've become newcastle

I don't understand the playing style either. We have gone frrom the 5-2 mauling of Fulham away last year to the dismal stuff served up today.

We are missing a few players and have gone from a huge squad with little quality to a small squad which still lacks quality. But that period late last year when we passed & moved so fluidly should have been the template for this season and our buys should have been to build on this style, not create a completely new one.

We were solid at the back and with Lucas/Spearing snapping away and the interlinks between Kuyt, Maxi, Meireles & Suarez we looked a top side.

We are even better in defence now, which the management deserve a lot of credit for, but our midfield is too slow and there is no interplay or understanding between any of the forwards.

I've said all season that we needed a foil for Lucas, a better Spearing, and without Lucas our midfield lacks intelligence. The sidelining of Maxi when he is such a goal threat is truly baffling as well.

My vote was to keep Kenny but give Comolli more say in the transfers. I think he has much more knowledge of the international market and that's what we need, some astute buys to go with a couple of known, quality players in key positions. Raid Bilbao for half their team would be a good start.

The league campaign has obviously been very, very disappointing. Much of it, is down to the failure in the transfer market this last summer, and of course throwing away £35m in January 2011. But there are positives aswell. Kenny certainly has the right idea about the football he wants us to play. We have played well in the vast majority of games this season, dominating possession, chances created and with an attacking intent. We've outplayed the best sides in this league on home turf, the results havent been what we've wanted but that is down to a lack of quality in the final third, and not the managers tactics.

Houllier and Benitez had 5 fucking years for fucks sake!

Houllier was very successful in the transfer market in his 1st year,the likes of Sammi, Didi & Henchoz joining and finished 4th, 2 points off a Champs league place, losing to Bradford on the last day, much improved on the previous season where we finished 21 points off a champs league place in 7th. Rafa won us the Champs League in his 1st year. Your point being fuckin what you bell.