You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

You've never met me, People find me most trustworthy. Ask people that have met me im as sound as they come, I dont look like no tearaway or bad guy infact quite the opposite, I dont know what pics you've seen. After the comments id much like to see a pic of yourself so i can judge you by the book.

Judge him by this one

Posted Image

• Upvote 1

It's probably been done before but Gypos. Fucking pure scumbags the lot of them.

Took my son to the park today, about a ten minute walk from ours, got there and there was a big tribe of them sat around a bench near the toddlers section, could tell straight away they were pikeys and my thoughts were confirmed once I heard their accents and seen the kids foreheads.

Not only were they smoking, swearing, drinking but a couple of the teenage feral fuckers were hogging all the kids swings whilst smoking joints, I asked if they would move so my son could use one and was told to wait my fucking turn. Now having had previous run ins with gypos thought best of making a scene so we walked off to another nearby park, the cusses and shrills of a couple of fat tattooed fucks ringing in my ears as we left.

I walk back through the park about an hour later on our way home and the evidence of their visit there for all to see; empty cans and food wrapping all around the bench plus a couple of used nappies just left on the floor despite bins all over the park.

Fucking dirty, thieving, parasitic scum bags each and every one.

• Upvote 2

It's probably been done before but Gypos. Fucking pure scumbags the lot of them.

Took my son to the park today, about a ten minute walk from ours, got there and there was a big tribe of them sat around a bench near the toddlers section, could tell straight away they were pikeys and my thoughts were confirmed once I heard their accents and seen the kids foreheads.

Not only were they smoking, swearing, drinking but a couple of the teenage feral fuckers were hogging all the kids swings whilst smoking joints, I asked if they would move so my son could use one and was told to wait my fucking turn. Now having had previous run ins with gypos thought best of making a scene so we walked off to another nearby park, the cusses and shrills of a couple of fat tattooed fucks ringing in my ears as we left.

I walk back through the park about an hour later on our way home and the evidence of their visit there for all to see; empty cans and food wrapping all around the bench plus a couple of used nappies just left on the floor despite bins all over the park.

Fucking dirty, thieving, parasitic scum bags each and every one.

To death. But I love seeing old battles reignited. So carry on.

Lending people money.

Lad I know, a tertiary friend I suppose you'd call him, I've been away with him and go for beers now and then, but he's not a close friend. He's working only sporadically at the moment and needed a tonne so he could go on a last footballing trip abroad with his mate who's about to move away. Against my better judgment I lent it to him and it's been a mare ever since to get it back. There's always a tale of woe as to how and why he hasn't got it. His dole is late, his taxback is late, he hasn't had the wages from his casual shift yet. The annoying thing is, these explanations only come when I actually ask him 'when am I getting that money back'. He doesn't keep me in the loop and paying me back isn't a priority it would seem. Nothing gets on my tits like when people see your good nature as being a weakness, needless to say that's the last favour I do for him and I won't stop badgering the fucker until I get every penny. I shouldn't have to though, and that's what pisses me off. If I owed someone money it'd be a sword over my head, I wouldn't relax until I'd given it back.

• Upvote 1

Lending people money.

Lad I know, a tertiary friend I suppose you'd call him, I've been away with him and go for beers now and then, but he's not a close friend. He's working only sporadically at the moment and needed a tonne so he could go on a last footballing trip abroad with his mate who's about to move away. Against my better judgment I lent it to him and it's been a mare ever since to get it back. There's always a tale of woe as to how and why he hasn't got it. His dole is late, his taxback is late, he hasn't had the wages from his casual shift yet. The annoying thing is, these explanations only come when I actually ask him 'when am I getting that money back'. He doesn't keep me in the loop and paying me back isn't a priority it would seem. Nothing gets on my tits like when people see your good nature as being a weakness, needless to say that's the last favour I do for him and I won't stop badgering the fucker until I get every penny. I shouldn't have to though, and that's what pisses me off. If I owed someone money it'd be a sword over my head, I wouldn't relax until I'd given it back.

I feel your pain, sir. 

I've never, ever needed to be prompted when I owed someone money, but I've have had mates who pull this shit where you'd have to be the one to keep broaching it.  For £20-£50 I've always gone with the Sonny in 'A Bronx Tale' line of thinking: 

Not sure on a hundred though, that's an expensive way to fuck someone off.

I don't mind lending close friends some small money but I've made that $100 mistake once before and Lizzie's right, it's a rather expensive way to get someone out of your life.

To piggyback on the money rant though, people who've got no problem drinking booze you paid for at a party or small gathering but whenever it's there turn to pay they're either no where to be found or ask for everyone to throw in. Now I don't mind throwing in if that's the plan from the off but if you've told me you've "got me next time" then I don't want to see your hand out in my direction when that next time comes. Actually had this situation pop up with a woman I know not too long ago as I was flattening the money in my wallet she puts her hand out asking for some as she'd bought the booze this time. In this case it was all singles that she'd seen so I told her she can have them as soon as she starts stripping, unfortunately enough she didn't take the bait, but she did stop asking me for money that night.

I'm of this line of thinking too. I'm expecting to stay at the place I'm in for a long time now but can't help but think that in 5 years time the tech will be miles better, cheaper and I'll be stuck with a piece of shit on my roof.

This is the point of the feed in tariff. It's an incentive, not a bloody grant. In 5 years the tech will be better and cheaper but the feed in tariff will have disappeared, so it'll about even out, so if you're thinking about it and you reckon you'll be in your house for more than 7-8 years, its worth looking at.

If you wait 5 years for tech to be better/cheaper you'll be 5 years into the time you need to stay in the house to make it work.

My view on solar panels is that if you e got the cash in available (ie in savings) and your house is suitable, then you should do it.

But don't do the rent a roof ones.

If you're getting paid £170 for 4 hours work as a mere canvasser for this product, then I suspect the customers are getting well and truly ripped off. That's not meant as a slight on you, more about how the system is seeing good money go after bad. Whatever monetary benefits the customer 'might' gain from investing in this product, they are paying through the nose from the get-go because of how much money is being thrown around during the whole process of getting a lead to installation of the product.