You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

20 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I can’t stand the posh cunts but I really do find it funny to hear some posh fuck shouting cheat , cheat . Almost as funny as the Oz cricket team being upset by it

We might have to agree to disagree there. 

I don't think the team, or most of their supporters, are upset by the posh cunts slurring "cheats!".

There was a response at the time - because it was literally happening under the team's noses.

And then I guess interviewers asked questions and the team were able to take some moral high ground about it.

But beyond that, I really think it's "who gives a fuck", all round.

As I said, Headingley can't come quickly enough... and thankfully, it's Thursday.

37 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Have you read some of the comments about the snobs on here, by England supporters?

They think of Lord's as almost an "away" game.

More like a neutral venue, where cricket is an option for when you need a break from the crossword and/or another drink from the bar.

I’d defo be up for fucking Lords off. I wouldn’t go there for a game if you paid me.

I’m going to Day 1 on Thursday, can’t wait, it should be spicy as fuck!

For some reason my post on the previous page was hidden. Basically, anyone trying to compare what Carey/Cummins did to a wicket keeper trying to stump a batsman who is batting out of his crease, just fuck off yeah?

13 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

More like a neutral venue, where cricket is an option for when you need a break from the crossword and/or another drink from the bar.

Yeah, I'd be a hypocrite myself if I had a crack at people at the cricket spending lots of time at the bar.  I do.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

There’s some absolute bollocks being spoken here, comparing a wicketkeeper stumping a batsmen out of their crease mid over, versus doing it at the end of an over when the batsmen has clearly tapped behind the crease and then gone for a walk to speak with his batting partner.

Wicket keepers will always try to stump a batsman who is leaving his crease to gain an advantage. They generally don’t do it at the end of the over on a technicality, because that’s a cunts trick.

Has it happened before?

If so, share the videos, I want to see.

It is irrelevant mid over or last ball of the over. If the ball is not dead then its not dead. Carey threw the ball immediately after receiving it and before the umpire said over.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

There’s a difference in the Labuschagne effort and the Bairstow one . Labuschagne was batting out of the crease to nullify an LBW call so was seeking an advantage . Bairstow wasn’t he was just a dozy cunt.

Agree, especially on the dozy cunt bit which is why I don't blame the Aussies here despite them being massive cunts.

There is a video showing Bairstow stumping someone, that is far worse in my opinion, waiting for the batsman to leave. 

11 hours ago, A_S said:

Oh, look who's keeping...

Seriously, the hypocrisy of this England team about this has been astounding (coach included). 

And if you want to defend the entitled, cuntish behaviour of a bunch of entitled cunts named Bartholomew Frinton-Smythe, Humphrey Wigbert-Porter and Quinten Breckenridge respectively, have at it, I guess. 

What's remotely controversial about that? 

This nit-picking about cricketing morals...  

The players and the game really don't warrant the protection of their moral rectitude... cricket is as crooked as a dog's hind leg, and that really isn't news that just broke at Lord's last Sunday.

Let's just watch the third test coming up.

I’m a latecomer to the cricket thread, didn#t know it existed. I watched a lot of cricket when I lived in the old dart mostly at OT ( where I was a full time member of the pit of hate) and some in Aus and NZ. I have to say Lords was the biggest let down of all the  grounds I’ve been to; no atmosphere and disdane towards non mcc members. As a tourist I went to the MCG walked into the members area, was invited to see the library and was treated as a human unlike at the so called home of cricket. The G is also a great place to watch cricket. Anyone who has watched grade cricket in Australia will tell you that only a stupid batsman would walk out of his ground before the ump had given the OK. I don‘t know what the fuss is about; Jonny was dozey and the team paid for it, Carey knew the rules, he didn‘t. Amazed that there are no changes to the England side. Crawley, Pope, Bairstow and probably Jimmy lucky to keep their places; the first three should be gone for good IMHO. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

It is irrelevant mid over or last ball of the over. If the ball is not dead then its not dead. Carey threw the ball immediately after receiving it and before the umpire said over.

It’s a cunts trick. Wicket keepers don’t do it unless the batsman is standing outside of their crease to gain an advantage, or they lose their balance leaning forward etc.

Show me another example of where someone has even tried to do what Carey did, before.

9 minutes ago, Brownie said:

It’s a cunts trick. Wicket keepers don’t do it unless the batsman is standing outside of their crease to gain an advantage, or they lose their balance leaning forward etc.

Show me another example of where someone has even tried to do what Carey did, before.

If I spoke on behalf of Australia and the rest of the cricketing world in categorically admitting that Australian cricketers are cheats and cunts, might it end this?

Or will only Headingley do that, hopefully?

15 minutes ago, Brownie said:

The bold bit is why I think the whole spirit of the game nonsense should be scrapped. Because it just opens up for interpretations - you see it as a cunt's trick, which is fair enough. A few see it as Bairstow being a dozy twat when the ball was not dead, which is also correct.

If you take the spirit part out, then its a fair wicket due to a keeper/team being smart and switched on. 

As for examples, I have no idea if an exactly similar incident has happened before but there have been numerous occasions when players have stepped out of the crease thinking the ball was dead or gone for a boundary and got out, despite having no intention to take a run. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Here you go. This one from the current England coach. The one pontificating about the morals of the game.

Ta mate. Haha the irony!

Also a cunts trick so he has no right to even discuss it. They should have asked him about that after the game.

Let me be clear here. This isn’t a case of x player did it so it’s a cunts trick but y player did it so it’s not.

That’s irrelevant, it’s a cunts trick to get someone out on a technicality, simple as that for me.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Ta mate. Haha the irony!

Also a cunts trick so he has no right to even discuss it. They should have asked him about that after the game.

Let me be clear here. This isn’t a case of x player did it so it’s a cunts trick but y player did it so it’s not.

That’s irrelevant, it’s a cunts trick to get someone out on a technicality, simple as that for me.

No, I know mate. I totally get your opinion on this and I know it isn't because it happened to us rather than the other way round,

McCullum hasn't got a fucking leg to stand on though. He was utterly ruthless as a player.

46 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

The bold bit is why I think the whole spirit of the game nonsense should be scrapped. Because it just opens up for interpretations - you see it as a cunt's trick, which is fair enough. A few see it as Bairstow being a dozy twat when the ball was not dead, which is also correct.

Mate, it's a myth.  

Always has been.

(Just like "Amateur" Etonians not wanting Northern "pros" to spoil "their" game of Association Unmentionable.)

In cricket too, t's all classist, bigoted, even racist and definitely ruthless, self-interested shite, and always has been.

Let's start with the supposed No 1 batsmen to ever play the game...

... go down to Kensington Cricket Club in Adelaide and ask some of the old-schoolers what they think of him.

This "not cricket" thing is bollocks.

WG Grace, McCullum, Cummins, Smith... you name them (Maybe the West Indians get a pass actually)... 

... the image of these players and the game is a million miles from being governed by "the right spirit".

• Upvote 1