You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

If it was a racist comment aimed at Khawaja it won’t take long to investigate. 

There’s a steward stood right in front of the old boy and points him out on camera. 

Reading Khawaja's comments on BBC it doesn't suggest racism, just cheats or whatever. Aussies had to withdraw their initial lie about their players being physically assaulted once footage made it clear this didn't  happen.

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Reading Khawaja's comments on BBC it doesn't suggest racism, just cheats or whatever. Aussies had to withdraw their initial lie about their players being physically assaulted once footage made it clear this didn't  happen.

I haven’t seen the interview with Khawaja or read any reports of anyone being assaulted mate. 

I knew nothing of Strauss' personality or life outside cricket apart from Ruth Strauss passing away, but he just had a big Tory energy about him, so I looked him up on Wikipedia. Conservative party donor and Cameron tried to talk him into being an MP. I've been happier to be proved right. 

13 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I knew nothing of Strauss' personality or life outside cricket apart from Ruth Strauss passing away, but he just had a big Tory energy about him, so I looked him up on Wikipedia. Conservative party donor and Cameron tried to talk him into being an MP. I've been happier to be proved right. 

Every single shred of evidence seems to point to him being a massive, massive throbber. 

• Like 1

As much as i think it was shithousery from the Aussies. Its the fucking Aussies in a ashes game with a chance to pretty much kill the series in game 2. Do you expect anything else from them. Its like when you were a kid and got drawn against some private school in a cup game, you would leave your foot in and take them and the ball every chance you have, England are the private school kids

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Most cricketers will be tory as most that reach the elite level come from private schools simply because of their investment in the sport/facilities.  The gap will have widened even more when I was a kid thanks to Tory cuts in schools and a lack of serious investment in sport for kids but when I played for our Town schools cricket team we played and trained at the 2 local private schools and the difference between them and the public schools (even local cricket club) was incredible.  Indoor nets, slip cradles, training balls that swung more and loads of other stuff.

9 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Most cricketers will be tory as most that reach the elite level come from private schools simply because of their investment in the sport/facilities.  The gap will have widened even more when I was a kid thanks to Tory cuts in schools and a lack of serious investment in sport for kids but when I played for our Town schools cricket team we played and trained at the 2 local private schools and the difference between them and the public schools (even local cricket club) was incredible.  Indoor nets, slip cradles, training balls that swung more and loads of other stuff.

Yeah I realise more will be Tory than not and its probably best to take the policy of ignorance is bliss. Probably why I haven't looked up my very favourite players! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

As someone else said, 'You can do better than that'.

We did.

We won.

And I can't stand our blokes... my own countrymen. Hate most of them.

But Bairstow is a fuck up at the moment.

His first innings wank way of getting out had much more bearing on the state of this match than what happened to him in the second innings.

The Australians are cunts for sure.

But Bairstow himself is helping fuck his team up at the moment.

And I like him, a lot, unlike his own suppirters it seems.

And it certainly isn't all on him.

Quite apart from "spirit of the game" issues, the lad should be nowhere near the keeper's gloves.

He should be opening  bat and that's it... he is the perfect opener for this ferociously inflexible system Mc Cullum has England playing.

And  I think England can still win 3-2.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Yeah I realise more will be Tory than not and its probably best to take the policy of ignorance is bliss. Probably why I haven't looked up my very favourite players! 

And don't let the posh accents fool you into forgetting that most of these "Oxbridge/Etonian" Tories are as thick as a ghurka's foreskin. 

They are. 

I was unfortunately very close to one in a former life and they really, really are "emotionally intellectually" barren.

7 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

We did.

We won.

And I can't stand our blokes... my own countrymen. Hate most of them.

But Bairstow is a fuck up at the moment.

His first innings wank way of getting out had much more bearing on the state of this match than what happened to him in the second innings.

The Australians are cunts for sure.

But Bairstow himself is helping fuck his team up at the moment.

And I like him, a lot, unlike his own suppirters it seems.

And it certainly isn't all on him.

Quite apart from "spirit of the game" issues, the lad should be nowhere near the keeper's gloves.

He should be opening  bat and that's it... he is the perfect opener for this ferociously inflexible system Mc Cullum has England playing.

And  I think England can still win 3-2.

Nah Aussies will not lose from here Bazball means that England are always one dumb shot away from losing a wicket . Cummins is a hypocritical twat taing the stance against the Aussie energy sponsor whilst flying all over the place.

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Nah Aussies will not lose from here Bazball means that England are always one dumb shot away from losing a wicket . Cummins is a hypocritical twat taing the stance against the Aussie energy sponsor whilst flying all over the place.

Do you think he should have swum here?

4 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Definitely, setting off from NSW up the coast via Cairns and the Northern Territory.

Unless you walk or swim everywhere you should be thrown in jail if you mention the environment.

I bought a book yesterday, and therefore I agree with every single aspect of modern capitalism.