You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Date thread

Remmie

I don't work on an IT help desk. I'm currently doing financials for redress schemes.  Anyway.

The meal was pleasant.  She slobbered over her mussels.  She lacks empathy, which I find a bit of a turn off.  I struggled with her accent.  Tried getting her tipsy by encouraging more wine, but she declined.  No pissed shag for me then.

I impressed her by saying poulet when my BBQ Chicken turned up (thought I should forgo the burger and show a little bit of class).  She told me she liked my accent while trying French.  Apparently if I went to France I'd be beating them off with a stick because they love the accent.

We were meant to go for a drink after the meal.  I suggested walking in the direction of where she lives so she didn't have so far to walk home. She held my arm.  Liked my height as she could wear high heals and I was still taller.

No drink though.  I walked her to the end of her street.  Went in for the double cheek kiss that she'd told me I should do.  She snogged my face off.  I was a bit shocked.

She's going to eat me alive.  Well out of my depth here.

• Upvote 7

I don't work on an IT help desk. I'm currently doing financials for redress schemes. Anyway.

The meal was pleasant. She slobbered over her mussels. She lacks empathy, which I find a bit of a turn off. I struggled with her accent. Tried getting her tipsy by encouraging more wine, but she declined. No pissed shag for me then.

I impressed her by saying poulet when my BBQ Chicken turned up (thought I should forgo the burger and show a little bit of class). She told me she liked my accent while trying French. Apparently if I went to France I'd be beating them off with a stick because they love the accent.

We were meant to go for a drink after the meal. I suggested walking in the direction of where she lives so she didn't have so far to walk home. She held my arm. Liked my height as she could wear high heals and I was still taller.

No drink though. I walked her to the end of her street. Went in for the double cheek kiss that she'd told me I should do. She snogged my face off. I was a bit shocked.

She's going to eat me alive. Well out of my depth here.

Smash er lad.

She is basting like an oven sizzled Christmas turkey. Get your pipette ready.

• Upvote 1

I don't work on an IT help desk. I'm currently doing financials for redress schemes.  Anyway.

The meal was pleasant.  She slobbered over her mussels.  She lacks empathy, which I find a bit of a turn off.  I struggled with her accent.  Tried getting her tipsy by encouraging more wine, but she declined.  No pissed shag for me then.

I impressed her by saying poulet when my BBQ Chicken turned up (thought I should forgo the burger and show a little bit of class).  She told me she liked my accent while trying French.  Apparently if I went to France I'd be beating them off with a stick because they love the accent.

We were meant to go for a drink after the meal.  I suggested walking in the direction of where she lives so she didn't have so far to walk home. She held my arm.  Liked my height as she could wear high heals and I was still taller.

No drink though.  I walked her to the end of her street.  Went in for the double cheek kiss that she'd told me I should do.  She snogged my face off.  I was a bit shocked.

She's going to eat me alive.  Well out of my depth here.

Nice one, good luck, mate!

I'm really grateful for all the advice, a beret and stubble? I'm off shopping.

In a slightly strange development, I'm picking her up and driving to our date, which is positive because it means I can't let the fear win and already be pissed when I meet her, but means I'll be forced into car chat, which I hate with anyone, let alone strangers.

I also don't have an old enough car to do that Bronx tale trick with the door locks, which if like to.

"I also don't have an old enough car to do that Bronx tale trick with the door locks"

Boss reference. Repped.

• Upvote 1

A first date should always involve getting fucking bladdered together. If she sticks around after that then she is a keeper.

We did this. It turns out we have the same 'favourite bar' which was ace.

Spent a fucking fortune on booze and have had to write off most of today, but worth it.

• Upvote 2

We did this. It turns out we have the same 'favourite bar' which was ace.

Spent a fucking fortune on booze and have had to write off most of today, but worth it.

It can feel quite nice when you stop banging your head against a brick wall